When Is Your Steam Deck Due? POLL

What order time did Valve gve you?

• Total voters
i tried the day was released was eve early but steam sht the bed so hard couldnt get one until hours later. oh well Q2 2022 i guess cant wait ti see ebay listings prob going be $10,000+

Q2 2022 and I ordered quite a few hours after it went live because I didn't want to bother with the steam page crashing trainwreck.

Attempted to purchase immediately after launch - as in minutes - but thank to Steam's (quite frankly ridiculous) "too many attempts, we'll just lock your account from purchasing stuff for awhile" flagging me for my failed attempts to get it into cart with al of the "falling monster" site crashes, I had to wait around an hour and by that time it was Q1 2022. From what I've been told, only those who ordered successfully in the first literal 5 minutes were likely to get 2021 placements. This means a very small block of users have 2021 delivery times, with larger blocks in each iteration thereafter. I can only hope this means that Valve will be able to, seeing the demand and interest, scale up their orders in every time period and thus hopefully allow people to get in earlier. Between leaving the "block you for an hour, despite the fact there are going to be a ton of attempted transaction during a hardware release" and some other elements I wonder if the sheer interest in Steam Deck surprised them; that they weren't planning for so many reservations. If so, and if they can secure the components, maybe they ask for larger batches in light of so much positive interest.

Attempted to purchase immediately after launch - as in minutes - but thank to Steam's (quite frankly ridiculous) "too many attempts, we'll just lock your account from purchasing stuff for awhile"
That is what happened to me. I started refreshing the page 5 minutes before launch, had Steam app open and the website. Added to cart at least 100 times, and maybe 5 or 10 got to the last page before it said too many attempts.

This was now like 15 or 20 minutes later, so I gave up, ate breakfast, and when I got back to my computer I noticed an email from Steam that one of the tries went through. Even so, I still have Q1 22 ship date.

Q1 2022 on the 512GB model, ordered 35 minutes after the launch.

Q2 2022
I ordered on 7/29, I mulled it over a bit before I decided to pull the trigger.

Q1 2022. 512GB. Ordered a few minutes after orders opened.
Also ordered a 64GB for my son. Q1 2022 there as well.

Yeah. Nope. Shows that I 'bought' one but thats it for information.
On the steam app I went to store -> catalog->Steam Deck, scrolled down and it says expected order availability under "Cancel reservation"
Screenshot_2021-08-19-11-24-49.png

Reactions: Axman
like this
Q1 2022 for both the 512GB NVMe SSD (mine) and 256GB NVMe for one of my nephews (his birthday present).

I tried the day it was launched, which was early eve, but steam shitted the bed so hard that I couldn't obtain one till hours later.

Reserved on Fri, July 16, 2021
Your expected order availability: Q2 2022

I put in a reservation for the 512 model a few weeks ago - not sure if I'll still even want it by the time the reservation comes up. "After Q2 2022"

I got mine yesterday. I'd post some pics but my camera broke. :(

Back