When Is Your Steam Deck Due? POLL

What order time did Valve gve you?

• Total voters
SteamSad.JPG

:(
:(:(

I saw that I'm hoping things are flowing more freely, come Q2 when mine's supposed to be available

depends how much cache the soc has it may end up like nvidia 3000 series labtops wel lsee pics of 100,000 steam decks mining away in some wharehouse.

depends how much cache the soc has it may end up like nvidia 3000 series labtops wel lsee pics of 100,000 steam decks mining away in some wharehouse.
pretty sure the 'Deck will be garbage for mining. At least, certainly not better than a $500 dGPU or any laptop with a gaming dGPU.

if it has 32mb of L3 cache it will be scalped and in hands of miners / ppl who rob truck loads of em.

yeah but the way they find hardware to mine with these days i certainly hope the steam deck isnt in miners sights. Raptoreum is going to suck for cpu stock.

That makes no sense. You can easily buy better PC hardware for cheaper.

Maybe in terms of APUs, but not in terms of all of the hardware. I believe the word used to describe the loss Valve is selling these at was "painful."

Yes, in terms of the whole package as a portable gaming console. I was referring to the point of using it to mine crypto, which it is underpowered to do compared to easily bought off-the-shelf desktop parts.

yes i was just saying i hope this soc doesnt come with enough L3 cache to make it the 2nd target after all the amd cpus are gone from every store known to man for foreseeable future.

I think a huge L3 is pretty unlikely- this is a budget chip, and cache size is always one of the first things to be minimized to save die size / power / cost. From what I can tell, even the PS5 & XSS/X APUs only have 8MB. I'm guessing the 'Deck APU L3 will be between 4MB-16MB with 8MB most likely.

its more bout the cache then the cores from what iv seen. but link 1000+ together like they did with PS3 / PS 4 and you got a large scale operation.

I ended up canceling my pre-order. Not upset due to the supply chain issues or anything like that I'm just honestly not feeling another portable gaming device and if I do go for one I'd probably just go for another gaming laptop.

Yeah, I'm probably never gonna use the Deck since I rarely leave the house and I have a ton of computers and PS5, but I still want one.

Yeah, I'm probably never gonna use the Deck since I rarely leave the house and I have a ton of computers and PS5, but I still want one.
I honestly thought about keeping it, if anything to flip locally for a profit. But it's just not going to be worth it in the end for me. I had the mid-range model reserved and to be honest I can get a laptop that out specs my desktop over roughly the same price with a little bit more use and compatibility. Sitting towards the end of the year for it to even ship that means there's a slight chance of graphics card pricing becoming more normal and being able to upgrade the desktop then.

Mostly dropped pre-order cuz I had just moved from a gaming laptop to a gaming PC and kind of missed the portability of it. After a few months I just don't need the portability. If I'm on the road or something the Switch does the job just fine.

Well I kind of want it for development (I'm a game developer). Using it to work on a plane or on the road seems interesting. I do have a few laptops, but I don't like them.

The only one I like is this 10" Chromebook 2-in-1, but it's not powerful enough to develop on. The Deck should have enough power, so I think that is cool, and it runs Linux so I want to support them.

Mine says after Q2 2022 for the 512gb so that has to mean Q3 right? :) I ended up just putting down the deposit a couple of weeks ago. I was really going to pass on the Deck, but then I was AI upconverting a bunch of Old videos and tied up the PC for like 9 hours. I was wishing I had the steam deck to continue playing one of my PC games so I put down a deposit. I am sort of still on the fence, I do want one because it is 100% better than a Switch for me given my huge library of PC games but I have a feeling that I will use it about as much as my Vita (ie rarely) so I might just cancel it when it's released.

Mine says after Q2 2022 for the 512gb so that has to mean Q3 right? :) I ended up just putting down the deposit a couple of weeks ago. I was really going to pass on the Deck, but then I was AI upconverting a bunch of Old videos and tied up the PC for like 9 hours. I was wishing I had the steam deck to continue playing one of my PC games so I put down a deposit. I am sort of still on the fence, I do want one because it is 100% better than a Switch for me given my huge library of PC games but I have a feeling that I will use it about as much as my Vita (ie rarely) so I might just cancel it when it's released.
You better not hope Q3, Valve don't do 3's

I'm looking forward to the 512 Deck. My gaming time has been work challenged lately.

I love what these have done for Linux gaming though. Hope that continues

Same here, but i’ll hang on to it.

Back