What's your primary class

Sly

Supreme [H]ardness
Just curious what the general BF3 population is made of

You know you can find that out in the BF3 browser when you start the game.

#1 Assault

#2 Engineer

Thats my #1 class, but Assault is used by the majority population.

Engineer. Love blowing stuff up with the rpg. :D

Support all the way!
An M249 with ammo specialization makes for some great suppressive fire :)
The C4 is always a good bonus...

Assault so far, the ability to heal oneself is useful. Not to mention others

Engineer, it's so weighted. Destructive anti-armor/anti-air, assault rifles/carbines, and repair ability. It's too good.

#1 so far for me is the recon class but support is quickly catching up.

recon
support
assault

I like Support. C4, big machine gun, and ammo crates to keep Engineers stocked full of RPGs.

I'm always running as Assault class, keeping my team alive, but I want to start using Support so I can start blowing tanks with C4.

Also planting C4 on the bomb and setting traps is awesome fun.

The best C4 setup is on Rush Metro when you are defending and you lose the 1st set of bases.

Set about 6 C4 along all the entrances of the tunnels leading to the subway.

Then blow them as soon as everyone runs down into the tunnel entrance, its a guaranteed 4-5 kills every time lol.

Does it take 1 C4 to blow a tank? Also are there any tricks to throwing C4 far? In BC2 if you were throw the C4 then jump it would go +15ft further.

Getting close to the 1,000,000 mark on Assault :D...
statsassault.jpg

I started off as support, enjoyed the SAW for quite a bit. That gun is beastmode. C4 is also very fun for tanks.

Engineer sometimes when C4 doesn't cut it.

Right now I'm playing assault though. assault rifles are really good. Defib and health is invaluable.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1037993916 said:
Does it take 1 C4 to blow a tank? Also are there any tricks to throwing C4 far? In BC2 if you were throw the C4 then jump it would go +15ft further.

Depending on health- 2-3 C4 will blow the tank up. I am not sure if armor proficiencies for the tank make it harder. If you want a nice trick, throw C4 on a jeep - jump out of the jeep and explode it while the jeep idles to the tank. You can't really throw it farther, seems like our soldiers have crappy throwing arms.

RIght now support is listed as my most played cause simply because I have to play it more to get the same amount of kills for some of it's later weapon accessory unlucks. But my primary class is Engineer. I find it to be the best all-around class because it can take on almost any situation. Not to mention, it seems like whenever I am another class, there is a tank pushing our shit in and no one else is doing anything about it. So I switch and so him/her/it what's what. :p

Assault, the ability to sustain pushes into enemy territory by healing yourself is just too good. #2 is engineer, I really haven't played support or recon at all so far. Once I start playing rush I'm sure I'll play those classes more, the defensive capability on a fixed point of support is too damn good. It was my favorite class during the beta and always playing metro rush.

Assault 75%
Engineer 25%

The only times I play Engie are when I have to (there's a tank or something and no one is killing it), which apparently ends up being quite a bit.

Assault 75%
Engineer 25%

The only times I play Engie are when I have to (there's a tank or something and no one is killing it), which apparently ends up being quite a bit.

My favorite is when there is a tank no one on the team is killing, so finally out of frustration you switch to engi...and then someone finally kills the tank. (@)&$@(! :mad:

1 - Assault - Metro US side is a blast and crazy fun
2 - Support - Portable ammo supply FTW! Plus, I like sniping the other teams Mortar crews on certain maps, fun game of cat and mouse at times, the longer you camp with your mortar, the sooner they will drop a bomb on your dome and vice versa.

I do a lot of healing/revive and I run around like a madman dropping Ammo for engineers when I can.

3 - Engineer - Leveling up on certain maps, usually the big outdoor tank battles.
4 - Recon - Fun class but I don't like to camp too often

So far I enjoy them all and depends on the maps which class I like to play and some depending on the side of the map.

My favorite is when there is a tank no one on the team is killing, so finally out of frustration you switch to engi...and then someone finally kills the tank. (@)&$@(! :mad:

That does happen. And I admit I've played Engie a couple of times just so I could unlock the SCAR-H. Now I rarely play it unless needed, though.

Honestly, in the spirit of spreading out my unlocks, wanting to get the most amount of points, and satisfying the desire to help out my team, I usually play whatever role is lacking in whatever squad I'm on.

That being said, here's the sad breakdown of what I end up playing

1. Assault 50%
2. Engineer 25%
3. Support 12.5%
4. Recon 12.5%

My preferred class would probably be support, but apparently everybody else wants to play support as well, so I usually find myself as assault.

I flip back and forth between Assault and Support depending on what my next unlock is and also depending on what the squad I get thrown in is running.

1. Engineer (but playing less due to trying to unlock everything else in other classes)
2. Medic (yes I will actually heal you and rez you)
3. Support (I take down all of the buildings with the c4 to cut down on people camping, and also I do drop ammo for team members near me)
4. Recon (I can't shoot for shit with the rifle scope 7x, so I use iron sight or the 4x scope)

Back