What was the last game you got lost (engrossed) in?

fattypants

2[H]4U
What was the last game that sort of made you forget reality and really let you get engrossed in the world?

Most recently for me it was Two Worlds 2.

Mass Effect 2. I know it's RPG-lite, but I'm a *massive* sci-fi/sci-fantasy fanatic (everything from Orson Welles to Ender to Star Wars to Star Trek) and it was engrossing.

Don't know how engrossed with the world I was, but I lost all sense of the outside world when I got Disgaea 2 (ps2). I sat down friday afternoon to play and had to turn it off monday morning to go to school...

Well I'm playing System Shock 2 (for the first time w/ mods) and I'm getting lost in it.

Halo, then SW Battlefront (around the same time).

A few things happened convinced me to not stay up all night playing video games.

Knights of the Old Republic, I spent a lot of time on that game without being able to put it down.

Something about Just Cause 2 really kept me hooked. I dont think I have ever played a singleplayer game so long. (About ~60 hours)

Something about Just Cause 2 really kept me hooked. I dont think I have ever played a singleplayer game so long. (About ~60 hours)

yeah, I looked at steam, and I dumped some 40hours into it :eek:

mostly because I kept on failing on certain missions, though.

Probably ME2. I also get engrossed in city builders (Sim City 4, Tropico) and go on 20 hour benders... but then I don't touch them again for 6 months lol. ME2 sucked me in on a regular basis for quite a while. Very engrossing and in depth, and quite a bit more enjoyable than hearing about a Llama eating your favorite hat for the 100th time.

Diablo 2 @ Nvision 08

We were trying to set the Guiness World Record for Longest & Largest Lan Party and one of the games my friends and I played was Diablo 2. When we finished the 1st act I was still under the impression that it was Tuesday when it was well into Wednesday.

Diablo 2 @ Nvision 08

We were trying to set the Guiness World Record for Longest & Largest Lan Party and one of the games my friends and I played was Diablo 2. When we finished the 1st act I was still under the impression that it was Tuesday when it was well into Wednesday.

Did you get the Guiness World Record?

Company of Heroes. The online ranked multiplayer is like a highspeed chess game, I would be mentally exhausted after a good game.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl. I played for 10 hours straight one day. Love the shit out of that game.

The STALKER series for me,as well. Between the three original games and various mods and conversions,I spent months in the Zone.

Big STALKER fan here as well, it's one of the most immersive series of games that i've ever had the fortune to play. The community mods keep adding and adding to the immersion factor.

Been hooked by Hearts of Iron II, Empire + Nappy Total War and the Arma 2 series as well.

WoW, lost many years of my life to that game, I have not sunk so low since.

Same here, but I'm not at all upset about it. While computer FPS games have started to suck more and more, I'm able to keep playing a game I enjoy that doesn't seem to get old for me. They release enough new content that it keeps things fresh and there are so many things to do in the game it's hard to get bored with it. Add in the fact that I have quite a few friends who play the game and I don't see myself quitting the game anytime soon.

That said, I'm really looking forward to Diablo III and after that Elder Scrolls V.

Diablo II hands down. I ate, drank, and breathed D2. But the most recent one would be Ookami on the PS2.

Tropico 3, lol. Bought it during a Steam sale, and before I knew it, I've log about 50 hours into it.

Engrossed in Borderlands. I bought it the last time Steam had it on Sale (about 6 months ago?). I'm going no 25 hours over the last 4 days.

DDO up until the last year
TF2 up until 3 months ago
Supreme Commander 2 (Good thing it was a short game)

I'm game free right now.

Y.

LOL

Recently it'd be Half-life 2 and maybe Bioshock, but nothings really sucked me in for a long time.

Stalker. Its not that the story is super engrossing or anything but the world is just so great. The atmosphere, the weapons, the whole scene is just awesome.
Dragon Age and ME2 for incredible story and great game play elements. Best games I've played in ages and having them come out so close to each other. Mmmm good gaming times

D2, Star Craft BW, Silent Hill 2, Heroes of Might and Magic 4 or was it 3... TFC, TF2, UT.

If I launch any of those games I end up playing for a minimum of 4 hours. So much joy to be had!

Dragon Age, without a doubt. Not since the Baldur's Gate games have I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning, losing all track of time.

new vegas i don't know why I became obsessed at finding out what happened to the vaults. Hail "kai-zar" btw! lol

Stalker SoC with the complete mod. Amazing game, just a shame they slacked a bit with the ending areas

Fallout 3 was good too, I guess I'll enjoy New Vegas alot when I get it - Amnesia too, that is one scary game

I spent about 9600 hours on Everquest. Now I tend to stick to single player games or multiplayer fps.

I have 198 hours in Dragon Age.

But recently Just Cause 2 is good for some mindless time loss, I do not think I have done more then 3 missions into the story line and am 80 hours in.

Also Mound and Blade Warband is developing into a good prospect for lost time also.

The Persona games for the PS2; still looking for something that'll replicate the experience.

The last really engrossing game for me was probably Black Ops. I went through the single player in one sitting. I've not done that in some time.

The last really engrossing game for me was probably Black Ops. I went through the single player in one sitting. I've not done that in some time.

What difficulty did you play it on? I've found it extremely hard to get engrossed in on normal/hard, and it's annoying going down in one or two hits on the highest difficulty. It's just really hard to suspend your disbelief when you can stand out in the open for 30 seconds at a time watching everyone shooting around each other.

Back