What was the last game you got lost (engrossed) in?

If we're talking about the sort-of "I feel connected to this virtual world and need to explore it" kind-of "getting lost", then definitely Risen and/or Gothic 3.

If we're talking about that simmy "one more turn" type of "getting lost", then either Sim City 4 or(and much more probably) Roller Coaster Tycoon 3.

I am actually really into Torchlight atm. I completely lose track of time! The $5 dollars investment has really payed off. :p

Borderlands. Almost 300 hours playing it in the last 3 months.

I bought alot of different games lately, but I always come back to play LAN Borderlands with family members. Can't... stop... playing....

Right now its Black Ops Multiplayer, kinda lost 2 weeks of my leveling up, buyen junk, pretidge, rinse and repeat.

Torchlight was earlier, took 2 weeks for that too

Diablo 2 is my #1 all engrossing time loss game.

I wish I knew....I don't think there has really been a game that kept me wanting to play it day after day since BF2142 and I think it is the overall winner for MP

in the SP realm, I would say System Shock 2 and Operation Flashpoint (+EXPs). These 2 games I get into again and again and never get bored and are the games I can sit at work and think about wanting to play when I get home.

Newer stuff, it is either I am getting older or the games are getting shittier and just don't make get involved enough to want to play the game. I went through games like FO3 and Borderlands, while fun, they weren't games that made me not want to stop playing.

I played Black Ops to completion, but more so I could say I did it.

I'm now deeply engrossed in New Vegas and I'm already planning what I'm going to do for my next play through.

Age of Conan for me. 5000hours played. :(. First and last MMO for me. Too damn addicting.

Before that it was probably Half life 2 that really sucked me in.

Mass effect

Diablo 1 and 2. Definitely for all time.

Yeah if we start talking all time here I don't even wanna know how many hours I spent in Diablo 2. I'm sure it would be a rather large & embarrassing number

I couldn't put down Uncharted 2 last year and I was devastated when it was over.

Actually I got way into World in conflict when that expansion pack came out. I played it straight through again and I kind of immersed myself into it. To bad that game was so short... I wasted a lot of time in fallout 3 and bio shock but a game hasn't come close to the way I felt playing WIC... I don't why either I mean its just a game.

The first red alert needs a honorable mention as well. I think that was my staring point into computer games...

EQ(way too much time on this, caused a massive drop in grades in college), WoW(almost same as EQ, however I put limits on myself, from my previous evercrack addiction), Civ 4(Civ 5 in some ways but it just seems like a dumbed down version of civ).

All of these have elicited the 'holy crap, where did the time go' statement.

How could I have forgotten Diablo II and LOD. Bought D2 at launch, played for a bit, quit, rinse repeat for about 3 or 4 times. Right now I am playing single player and magic finding like an addict.

Dragon Age - played through three times and most add-ons.
Ammesia Dark Decent - I hadn't been actually scared by a video game since Sys Shock 2.
Oblivion.

Castlevania Lords of Shadow

I absolutely enjoyed the combat system and over-dramatic voice acting by Patrick Stewart. That and I wanted to get the Platinum trophy so I had to play through it roughly 3 times :p

The last two I played and still playing are Borderlands and AC: Brotherhood
I got Borderlands on the PC and it has been a really long time since I was eager to turn on my Gaming PC and Borderlands made me do that.

I was engrossed to FFXI online a couple years ago. Mightve put a few thousand hrs on that game.
After that, it was Borderlands on xbox360 and then came back to DOD:S (old game, but still the game that gives me more gratification than any other fps games thus far)

Mass Effect 1 or Dragon Age.

Generally it's RPGs for me, but occasionally an FPS will drag me in like that. Last FPS I was truly engrossed in was probably Quake 4.

Last game for me would be World of Warcraft... I quit that over 2 years ago, and have managed to keep all games in check since. No more MMOs for me.

World or Warcraft.

I played for 4+ years after retail. My Guild was raiding 4 nights a week for 2 of those years.

The final fantasy games usually do it to me. The most engrossed i've ever been had to be FFX though. I loved that one.

World or Warcraft.

I played for 4+ years after retail. My Guild was raiding 4 nights a week for 2 of those years.

4 nights a week must have been nice! I did about 3.5 years in EQ raiding at 6 nights a week. Glad I quit!

I played a lot of Halo2/3 when they were at their prime, but I was never "lost" in them. The last games to do that were Oblivion and Knights of the Old Republic. No games have come out recently that I had to have. SCII keeps me busy but MP fun isn't getting engrossed into playing, it's just fun.

EDIT - How did I forget the HL series?!

ut2k4 was my heroin for a good 2 years. Before that it was FFVIII and FFVII

WoW. It was bad...I was addicted to it. I lost my social life because of it but I'm proud to say it didn't affect my work life at all. I got 8 hours of sleep every night and was never late to work. It didn't consume my thought's while at work so my work didn't suffer. There was a kid like that at work that all he thought/talked about was work...he didn't have the easiest time.

I was embarrassed by it and no one knew. Any time someone asked me to go hang out with them I told them I already had plans with someone else.

Nothing bad ever came from me being addicted like I was, but I'm glad it's over.

I do miss the game sometimes though. I go to the WoW website about once a week and look at the screen shots. I really want to go back but now I do have a social life and am not willing to give that up. Also, it wouldn't be the same that it use to be. Before I knew 4 other people to play with, all different classes, made up a perfect ground. None of them play. So it wouldn't be the same and I would probably quit after a week or two.

Maplestory...... I played 24hours straight thanksgiving weekend.....I'm so sad....

lol that was my first and last mmorpg. i dont like RPGs. im too lazy to read thru stuff and deal with stories. joined MS cuz of friends and it took 2-3 years of my life. quit recently and doing aight...

half-life 2 is the only game i've gone back to time and time again. bought on launch day. and since then have probably finished it about 2x times.

most engrossing in terms of fpw would be counterstrike 1.6 and now bfbc2. single player, borderlands and jc2 has taken up countless hours of sleepy time. these games keep my backlog rotting =[

God of War 3 was the last game that had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish.

Most recently it has to be Starcraft 2. I just kind of lost a couple of days after that game came out. I'd play and play, and then look up and realize I'd been sitting there for 6 or 8 hours.

But the one that absorbed me most of anything in recent memory was probably Dead Space. I'm a sucker for those games. I started that game and just... kept playing. Then the game ended and I realized I had stayed up all night and actually needed to get ready and leave for work.

In hours played (not necessarily story).. probably Killing Floor. When you get the right squad, that game is godly. As far as story, Batman: Arkham Asylum; I actually felt like I was Batman doing everything in that game.

Dragon Age : Origins. Great sense of escapism, Ferelden felt like a living breathing world.

Any Elder Scrolls game does that to me, Morrowind taking the cake in terms of hours played and most captivating story wise (especially with the Tribunal exp)

Fallout 3 (haven't tried New Vegas yet)

Lately it was Just Cause 2. It certainly is not about the story, which is as simple as it gets. But it's just too damn fun. I really hope they do a third game!

Back