what 'old school' game would you like to see a sequel or new version?

Wing Commander and all the sequels. They could keep the exact same game and update the graphics, hell they could keep the same in game Mark Hamill movies.

Privateer.

Freelancer.

No one Lives Forever 1 and 2.

Eye of the Beholder series (that should age me a bit).

Might and Magic + sequels.

Pirates! It should be good for a third time.

Well I am not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, and I may have mentioned it myself, (I do like to drink) but one game which should be re-mentioned.

Battlezone, not Battlezone 2, I played that game and thought it sucked, but battlezone was one of the first single player games I ever have had the pleasure of plaything, and I still break it out every once in awhile. It was a "futuristic" "space tank" game where the US and USSR would go from planet to planet for resources to build weapons and to build defenses, it was the next level of cold war, But for its day it was very technical. And the multiplayer for its day was pretty fun.

And lets not forget the rave gun, Although it was kind of a cheap weapon, you usually only found in MP, and it played rave music as you fired it, making the death and destruction it caused awesome.

deus ex also, but without the consolitis infection, i.e. no tiny fov, small levels, neutered gameplay, overgrown ui buttons, etc..

Soldier of Fortune 2. I really love that game.

Wish they made a proper Soldier of Fortune 3

Deus Ex.
System Shock 1&2
X-Wing & Tie Fighter
Dark Forces - Jedi Academy
No One Lives Forever
Far Cry
Battlefiled 2

All developed by people old enough to know what games can be on the PC.

Trophy Bass(?) old PC game..

i had this game and every fishing game since has paled in comparison. reason i liked this game it was simply a 3D version the NES game black bass. my vote goes for remake of trophy bass. because there hasn't been a great one in like 10 years.

ARCHON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/65400/

That reminds me of battle chess. (the original came out in 1988)

I remember playing it on a high end computer in an office. It was the best graphics I'd seen (at the time. Oh and the one I saw was the one with the green table, I don't know what the one with the seahorses was...must have been later)

Oh and mortal kombat deception apparently contains a mode based on archon

Hmmm. I did spend a bunch of time playing this. Great soundtrack.

We had it set up in the dorm, running on some guy's atari 800 with 4 joysticks. The auctions were a hoot. Most social game I ever played.

As a semi-sports fan, I have to put a vote in for Mutant League Hockey (1994) and Hyperblade (1996).

I realize that a lot of these aren't PC games but here's my list...

1. Mega Man (2D side scrolling) with pimped out graphics
2. X-Men (widescreen, co-op)
3. Onimusha
4. Age of Empires
5. Contra
6. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
7. Final Fight
8. Bad Dudes (I'm bad...)
9. Double Dragon
10. Rampage

I want to see a proper sequel to Soldier of Fortune 2, though it seems like it's getting harder and harder to make a successful shooter these days. SoF2 was halfway between the Unreal Tournament style games and the more "realistic" military shooters that are dominating the market at the moment.

I sure saw a lot of votes for Descent and X-wing vs. Tie-Fighter, both great games! I was a big Trek gamer back in the day. I miss Starfleet Command, Klingon Academy, Armada, Bridge Commander.

Total carnage for snes, with 4 player coop on the same screen and some sort of persistent upgrade system to go along with multiple difficulties.

Little Big Adventure! Twinsen's Odyssey is a game that I've probably played start to finish no less than 10 times.

To bad it'll never happen.

Still wishing for a modern version of High Heat Baseball, the greatest arcade/simulation/stat baseball game released on the PC. It'll never happen because the parent company (3DO) went belly up in '03, and EA Sports or 2K have locked out everyone else since 2003. 2K's license with MLB is up in 2012, but I have low hopes that anything better is coming down the plate.

I used to replay entire 162 game seasons in HH immediately after the post season ended. That would keep me sated until spring training. And while there still is mod support for HH games, the community has pretty much dried up.

Yay Cards. :D

I would love to see a new version of Unreal 1. For me still one of the most atmospheric games I ever played.

Loom needs a sequel badly, it ended on a huge cliffhanger and was part of an intended trilogy that was never done by Lucasarts since they had to focus resources on other projects at the time. Afterlife, too.

Back