What mice are you guys using?

thinking about picking up the Roccat Kone [+]
fU1vE.jpg

http://bestgamingequipment.com/roccat-kone

anybody have feedback on this mouse?

http://www.amazon.com/Roccat-Gaming...UTF8&coliid=IMVCXV2GVNO5B&colid=3CF4EBJLE5Q09

I have the Kone+ . Like it a lot ! I've had it almost a year , & haven't had any issues . The software is very good , & it tracks very well , cloth or hard mats . I have a Sota that I got with my Kone+ , & I plan on getting the Alumic , by Christmas if I'm able .

Newegg has the Kone+ for about the same price , about $5 more I think .

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Using a G700, but considering the new Corsair mice. That is if they decided not to cut corners on their mice like they did with their keyboards.

@aphasia -- oh geez, I've got an MX1000... it's still kicking (good thing, got it at an office supply store for like $80 when it was a new thing). Only problem these days is that I have to fiddle with seating it in the cradle or it won't charge. Any suggestions?

Current mouse is the touchpad on the front of my netbook... but I've had many, many mice. MX1000 is my favorite, but I've also used several other Logitech models (the new ones that Wal*Mart has for $16 are made far more poorly than I would expect of that name!), Dell and Microsoft mice... heck, first computer I had used an Artec brand 3+1 button serial mouse (COM port, not PS/2). Currently it has a find from justmice.com that I rather suspect is a Microsoft fugitive (fella stated in the eBay auction that he found it with no label or branding... I'm guessing based on shape and driver compatibility).

EDIT... just remembered my other favorite. Kensington "Mini Web Pro" USB mouse. The mice that my cat goes after are larger ;) also, blue and silver (red light tho) looks pretty cool. Pity mine died like three years ago. If I ever can get ahold of another one, I'm definitely looking into an LED mod... mebbe green since blue would be pushing my luck quite thoroughly (red, yellow/amber, green, blue in terms of energy consumption least to most -- don't wanna burn it out!)

Last edited:
so based on this thread I got a death adder to compare with my mx518... I really like the adder. The slight curve up on the right mouse button makes a big difference and the more Resistive back button is also very good for preventing occidental clicks.

I am still using the Logitech MX1000 that I bought back in September of 2004

mx1000.jpg

Currently using a G5 and before that the MX 518. I just love the shape of this mouse. Its my all time favorite style of mouse.

Another happy MX1000 user here! Bought it sometime back when I worked at Best Buy which was 04-05.

I used it constantly for a couple years, and then I didn't use it at all for a couple years (have been primarily using laptops at home since '07).

I got fed up with the Dell/HP optical mice we had at my last job, so I dusted off my MX1000. I've been using it daily at work now for about a year, and I still get like 3 full days on a charge. I tend to put it on the charger every other night as it tends to be on 2/3 bars battery life at that point.

Logitech G700, best mouse I've ever used. Aside from the great tech specs, its the first mouse that I find myself actually holding. By that I mean that with most other mice I have a tendency to simply operate it with just my fingertips. This this is designed in such a way that I can really just lay my palm down on it.

Another great feature is the ability to make the clickwheel spin freely for faster scrolling. All the buttons are easy to reach and it has a few that I can assign macros to.

Hands down the best.

I have the Razer Naga. It's nice for MMO's, but way overkill for anything else. Since I'm probably not going to be playing many MMO's soon I may sell it.

Mice I use right now:
Work - Alienware MG900
Home desktop - Razer Adder
Home laptop - MS Arc Touch
GF laptop - Logitech m305
GF desktop - mx518

All recommended for their respective uses. Skip the arc touch unless you want a really portable mouse: fold-flat is nice in terms of dimensions, not so great in terms of usability.

I'm using a Razer Diamondback....I love the mouse, but my first 2 only lasted a few months...thank God for warranty's..this one is holding up though, I think its about 2 years old...

I have a Logitech G700:
wireless-gaming-mouse-g700.png

This thing works great in games that need some extra keys and being able to change DPI on the fly has been useful in Rage where while playing the game the mouse sensitivity is fine, but when I have the inventory up the cursor moves super fast. The wireless works great on it, but you can also plug in the USB charger and use it as a wired mouse as well. One of the main reasons I got it was because it is rated for 8 million clicks which will hopefully last longer than my normal 3 year mouse life span. I had an MX1000 and MX700 that were both great mice, but I wore the left click out.

I'm still rockin the MX1000, holds a great charge and is super comfortable. Just wish they made a modern version with the same case, Performance MX looks similar but seems like it has iffy battery life.

What did you like/not like in your comparison of the deathadder and the xai?

The Deathadder has a much higher profile, weighs a little more, and has tiny glides that can catch on the mousepad. The Xai/Sensei are lower profile and have massive glides, so they're fast, smooth, and very easy to move around. They just suit me better. If you prefer a higher profile mouse then the Deathadder would be better, although I don't know what can be done to fix the small glides aside from attaching your own.

Logitech Peformance MX for about a year. Started doing this weird thing and double clicking when I singled clicked. Called logitech and they are sending me out a brand new one :)

steelseries sensei...very very nice tracking and sits extremely nicely in my hand

mx518, grippy stuff mostly worn off the sides and had to install new feet since originals finally wore completely off, still going strong.

I just switched back to my Logitech setup of G9 and G510 keyboard over the weekend. I like to switch things up every few months so Ill go back and forth between my Logitech set and my Razer Black Widow/Deathadder combo. I get bored using the same thing for too long and need to switch it up.

RAT 3... found it for a bargain. best mouse I've owned, though it has some scrolling issues once in a while.

Had a MX518 but switched to a G5 just over a year ago. Won't upgrade again till it dies as it's pretty much perfect.

I went from MX518 to a G7, which is unusable at this point due to the hilariously fast battery drain (they die in something like 2.5 hours) and have been on a G5 for over a year now. After getting the weighting right with it, I like it. But the drivers are terrible. Sensitivity breaks constantly with the drivers installed and the thumb buttons will randomly stop detecting among numerous other complaints. Running naked with no drivers and it works just fine, though I obviously don't get all of the fancy features of the mouse.

Went from a G5 to a G500 c/o a broken middle mouse button (G5 is now being used in a secondary gaming rig my bro uses). Still getting used to the slightly different shape, weight of the mouse and the position of the sensor.

I do like the added DPI though. The mouse doesn't seem to be so twitchy when making small movements.

Back