• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What is your current CPU Cooling Device?

arctic cooling freezer pro 7. e6850 @ 3.6ghz rock solid and cool. Dont have the sack to push it to 4ghz on this cooler though
 
Mine is the Arctic Freezer Pro 7, cooling my e6300 wolfdale right now. Stock voltage and speeds, no OC'ing, I know - strange for a wolfdale not to be OC'd lol
 
zerotherm nirvana on a e5200 @ mobo limited 3ghz, runs low 20s even high teens at idle in a antec nine hundred case, load is mid-high 20s/low 30s in a room that gets real hot

I'm pretty happy w/my Zerotherm Nirvana N120 too... IIRC it performed pretty similar to the Xigmatek S1283. I was just eying the coolers that have come out over the past 6 months or so, the Cogage TRUE Spirit looks great but it's LGA1336-only AFAIK... The Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus looks intriguing tho, for about the same price as the S1283.

I was kinda excited about it after I saw that Maximum PC review where they claimed it out-performed the TRUE, but they must've screwed up the mounting or used different fans on 'em or something because every other review I've seen puts the Hyper 212 Plus (like the S1283) a few steps behind the TRUE, granted it costs like $20 less too (like the S1283). The Cogage TRUE Spirit actually comes much closer to the TRUE (for $35, see [H]ard's review or the Xbits one I linked before) but it's LGA1336 only AFAIK, kind of a shame.

Guess I'll stick w/my NV120 for now, nice flat base and it looks very cool... :D Only downside is you can't swap fans on it but I got it cheap at CompUSA when they were closing the stores and it comes w/a fan controller anyway.
 
I'm using stock Intel cooling. And stock Asus cooling on my VGA card. My temps are fine with stock cooling...
 
TT Big Typhoon.Removed orgiinal fan and replaced with faster one .Great cooling.
 
AMD phenom heatpipe cooler (stock). Thermaltake Duorb on my 4850. Both keep temps well in check.
 
Intel: Corsair H50 on an i5 750 @ 3.6 Ghz 1.2v (47c under load)
 
Last edited:
AC Freezer Pro 7. The main reason is I did not want to remove the motherboard to upgrade the stock HS/fan.
 
Cooler Master V10, currently running my Core i7 920 at 4.2Ghz (untweaked) without breaking a sweat.
 
True(ultra 120) with 2 2k rpm fans in push pull. Keeps my PIIx4 955@3.8 running a cool 29c idle and 45c after 45 min prime95.
 
Zalman cnps9500, modded with a quiet 80mm fan. Someday I'll put a 92 or 120 on it, but it's quiet and performs well. q6600 @ 2.4, normally idles about 35C, and 80mm fan stays fixed at 7 volts.
 
Thermalright MUX-120 with an i5-750 @ 3.2GHz. Temps hit about 50C loaded; it's pretty much always loaded with SETI@Home.
 
Danger Den TDX, Laing DDC, forget the radiator brand. Cut up an old Koolance 6800 cooler for the NB waterblock so it would clear the 9800GTX.
 
stock amd box cooler with heatpipes.

keeps it cool, under 60c full load. In fact its the first factory heatsink i have used and was able to max out my processor under air cooling.
 
TRUE. Currently just shy of 35C over ambient running at 3GHz, 1.14Vcore on full load with some crappy no-name fan.
 
Coolermaster V6GT

PA020140.jpg
 
Last edited:
True Black with one Panaflo Medium Flow 3cm deep 120mm push fan.

Thinking about push/pull.

50° C @ 1.5V
 
Last edited:
Apogee XT w/Black Ice GTX M92 & M184 rads custom fit in a nzxt m59.

of course, onto the photo whoring! :D

leak_testing2.jpg
 
semi-lapped Cogage True Spirit w/ push-pull San Ace 9S1212H4011, cheap lil' sucker's beastly, lol.
 
Corsair A70 push/pull setup. Not the best performing air cooling out there, but it wasn't very expensive and it works well for me so far, running my i7 950 @ 4ghz with reasonable temps. I see a max core temp of about 74c 100% load running at 1.20v.
 
Back
Top