• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What is your current CPU Cooling Device?

Megahalems. The next best thing to water cooling.
Quite frankly I was surprised at how well the mounting mechanism worked, especially considering that the face wasn't perfectly flat. When I first saw the mounting design I thought it looked great, but wondered if the "single line" 2 point pressure bar would be as effective as a typical 4 point mount. However, the mounting bar is wide enough to provide even pressure across the whole mounting surface.
 
now: lapped TRUE /w yateloons push/pull @ 800rpm

in 12 hours: apogee GTZ, MCR220 res, DDC3.2 /w XSPC top

:D
 
Lapped TRUE w/ dual scythe SFF21F, waiting on new Venomous X to arrive and test.
 
Heatkiller 3.0 SolidCopper version
Swiftech MCP 655
Swiftech 120.3
Bitspower 5.25 BayRes
Bitspower Classified NB WaterCooler
 
IMG_0275.jpg
 
I'm using a Sunbeam Core-Contact Freezer. For the nothbridge, I'm using a Xigmatek NB cooler.

It works great. I run a Q6600 @ 3.6GHz 24/7 without any problems, and I'm a huge fps gamer.

I am eye-balling the Corsair H50 cooler, but it's more for aesthetics and low priority. I'm happy with the air-cooler, it's just freakin' HUGE..

DSCF1602.jpg
 
See sig.

I have an H50 here, but I am currently deciding what to do as far as my next purchase. That will determine my next step with it.
 
i"m in love with my Megahalems with two Scythe S-Flex 1600RPM fans. Add in some Shin-Etsu X23-7783D thermal paste, and you have one hell of a cooling system.
 
scythe Ninja with an antec 120 pushing and a panaflo extra thick 120 pulling and exhausting the air out of the case. I alo have a 120 PSU fan exhausting as well ( about 1 inch from top of ninja ) will post pics if I get the chance
 
A lapped Thermalright XP-90C cooling a lapped AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ :( using Liquid Metal Pro thermal compound. It is awesome stuff.
199.jpg

205.jpg

206.jpg


Someone PIF moneys please...

Then I have an ASUS 9800GTX+.
The base of this HSF was TERRIBLE. Probably the WORST I have ever seen. So I lapped it.
I was going to use the Liquid Metal Pro on it as well, but the stuff does NOT adhere to a naked die at all, and the mounting system was very lowsy with not enough pressure I'm comfortable with. So I just used some Artic Alumina (I can't find my AS5).
202.jpg

Look how crazy that base is. Its like someone just took a belt sander with 80 grit to the base. Ridiculous.
P1010297.jpg

P1010304.jpg


The GPU die is nice and shiny.
P1010305.jpg

P1010307.jpg

Now the base of the GPU HSF is actually flat and clear of huge grooves.
P1010310.jpg
 
Last edited:
Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 with an AM2 mounting bracket.

FrozenCPU sent the wrong item, but they are a great company and sent me a free AM2 bracket for their mistake. My next CPU will be of the 1366 variant :cool:
 
Cocage True Spirit on i7 920
Zalman CNPS 9700 LED on E8400
OEM on the AMD
 
stock socket 478 cooler
stock socket 775 cooler for a few months
zalman 9500LED
OCZ Vendetta 2

socket 1366

vendetta 2 with the bracket
corsair h50 until i killed it by modding it
noctua nh up12

favorites of all these were the vendetta 2 and the noctua.
 
Zalman CNPS9500 on my e6600 @ 3.0GHZ.

Runs it quietly and cool. Plus it looks nice IMO.
 
TRUE on both i7 rigs
Tuniq Tower on q6600 rig @ 3.4ghz
Stock Intel C2Q cooler on a E7400 @ 3.4ghz
Stock Intel on E5200 HTPC
 
Heatkiller CPU Water Block + Feser Dual 120mm Radiator w/ 2 Cooler Master Blue R4 Fans.
 
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j59/flyinpolak/0104001738a.jpg
0104001748.jpg

0104001739a.jpg

0104001739b.jpg

0104001740.jpg

0104001742.jpg




figurede since the quality of the pics is bad id show quantity so you know how big this thing is haha...

its a weld head watercooler for arc welders converted to be my PC watercooler with one dairly small rad that is extremely good for thermal conduction.

pump puts out 1800gph @ 150psi which is reduced to 50 psi though a series of check valves and pop offs... ensuring that the system will never leak *( as long as the blocks dont crack etc etc )*

details of the system in my sig.



almost forgot to mention


going tri-sli with an undecided video card at the moment on a 790i ultra motherboard with my q6700 fully watercooled incl. north and southbridge and motherboard mosfets.

ram will be watercooled along with the hard drives *( purchasing a solid state fairly soon if i cant get one for "testing purposes" ;) from my work )*

we shall see how it goes =)
 
Nothing to him, it's an old internet cringe photo, like g[]tse. Also, I'm using a Zalman CNPS9900ALED.
 
D-Tek Fuzion V2 w/quad plate.

MCP-655, 2x120 + 1x120 rads (also cooling Danger Den X38).

Lian-Li or Yate-Loons throughout.

Stays under 60*C loaded, idling mid-/hi-30s now (winter).
 
Xigmatek S1283 is cooling my Phenom II 720 at 3.45 Ghz.

Next up: Swiftech Apogee XT and a MCR 320 DRIVE mounted off the back of my case to cool an AMD x6 Thuban CPU when they get released.
 
Lapped TRUE with S-Flex-G's in push/pull configuration (hooked up to a Scythe fan controller of course ;)). It will probably stay this way unless a substantially better air cooler comes out in the next few years or Thermalright stops making mounting brackets for newer platforms. Everything else nowadays is still within a few degrees of the TRUE anyway. :D
 
D-Tek Fuzion v2 - got a pretty sub-optimal mount but temps are still good so I'm not bothered about fixing it. XSPC 120.3 and 120.1 radiators with medium-speed yates on a sunbeam fan controller. Definitely going back to a fillport res next build to eliminate water noise.
 
Noctua NH-D14

Can do passive with 1.25vcore with vdroop getting down to ~1.18v with no more than normal HAF case fans. Ambeints for the room was 22-24C for the entire 30min run of LinX.

SANY0017-1.jpg
 
I will be putting the v8 on an i7 920. I have heard a lot of great things about the v8. Hopefully I can overclock to around 4 ghz.
 
Back
Top