What GAME series do you wish they bring back?

Crusader Series:

- No Remorse
- No Regret

I dare say I have more time in those two games than in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas combined.

I would do almost anything to see the Ultima series brought back for one last game. After the disaster that Ultima Ascension was, that franchise deserves one more game to give it glory. I have played every Ultima since the original which also includes Akalabeth. I think I have the Ultima complete collector edition somewhere in my closet. The downside is that EA would probably do it and I currently refuse to buy any more EA games after what they did to Mass Effect 3.

Ah a MOHAA player eh?
Loved that game.

Do you remember alliedassault.com?
Loved the community, the whole atmosphere MOHAA had.

Shoot, I even overplayed the demo in Stalingrad before the retail came out. LOL.

A definite plus one sir.

Also, I was a huge fan for Call of Duty World at War.
Loved the multiplayer on PC.
I don't think I ever owned a game so well then these two mentioned games.

Yup, great times. Hard to top Allied Assault. One of the best games of all time. World at war is good also ;)

Last edited:
PC:
Soldier of Fortune
STALKER
Unreal
Quake

Console:
Parasite Eve
Dino Crisis

Tribes 1 same game unmodified just 1080p updated graphics I would be content for another 20.years.

Earthbound / Mother. There's a fan version of Mother 4 that's been in development since forever. Here's hoping it eventually comes out.

Some really good ones:

My list would be:

Portal 3
of course Half Life 3
All of the great JRPG's including Earthbound, Chrono, Final Fantasy as it was during the 6-9 games
Master of Orion was a great suggestion as the latest one didn't quite count.

I'm seeing a lot of games here that were not actually series, but one-off games: Anachronox, Vampire the Masquerade, Flashback: The Quest for Identity, Mario RPG, Metal Marines, Grim Fandango, Dragon's Dogma

Correct me if I'm wrong, please. It'd be neat to have another thread about "What games would make into good series"

mechwarrior and command and conquer

cnc3 was enormously fun for me (online), despite all the EA bullshit

console games
silent hill
perasite eve
stunt face fx
tenchu
interstate76
twisted metal
midnight madness (was super fun back in the day, open world besides you cant get out of the car but online was fun).

As much as i miss the old JPRG games (like the old final fantasy games), it may be hard to compete since back than our imaginations would fill in the details. We live in an age now where hollywood budget voice acting and cgi are a must. FFXIII to me was good (i completed it) but it got hated on for not being open world . Kind of hard now a days to do an open world rpg while trying to stick with the voice acting and telling of a story.

In no particular order:
The thing that really irks me about all the new space combat games coming out is that every single one of them looks like it revolves around the player being basically a space privateer. I want my Wing Commander, where you don't get to pick what your missions are, and you don't have to worry about having enough credits to repair your ship if you take a few hits, but still complete the mission.

The you are in luck, there are two "parts" to Star Citizen... there is the online multiplayer game with a persistent universe AKA Star Citizen, and then the single player campaign Squadron 42.

11192014002911.jpg

Old school Final Fantasy. Designed like FF 3 (VI), but with great graphics and like 1000 quality hours of game time. I want to drop Ultima on T-rex's in high def.

I'm so sick of the emo Japanese crap they got into after FFVII and IX.

Old school Final Fantasy. Designed like FF 3 (VI), but with great graphics and like 1000 quality hours of game time. I want to drop Ultima on T-rex's in high def.

Also, another big issue with newer FF games is the voice-overs. It's so awkwardly delayed, I'm not sure if that's how it was designed or if its because of English translation, but it feels so damn unnatural, and definitely breaks my immersion. At least with the old school ones you read it all, and it didn't feel cheesy!

Anyone remember Black on PS2?

Loved that game.
Would be cool to see an update.
One of the better shooters of its time.

No One Lives Forever
Zombies ate my neighbors
Interstate 76
Desert Strike/Jungle Strike

No One Lives Forever
Zombies ate my neighbors
Interstate 76
Desert Strike/Jungle Strike

Ahahahaha, a zombies ate my neighbors fan.
Sega Genesis.

Loved that game.
55ish levels of carnage.

Lawnmower for the win.

Great naval battles series.
Probably no one really remembers it and it was a niche series but i really would love to see this series done with modern technology.
Another really fun (If old) series was the Epyx summer, winter, world and california, ect; games.
FYI, Vampire the masquerade:Redemption was made before Vampire the masquerade: Bloodlines.

Probably no one really remembers it and it was a niche series but i really would love to see this series done with modern technology.
Another really fun (If old) series was the Epyx summer, winter, world and california, ect; games.
FYI, Vampire the masquerade:Redemption was made before Vampire the masquerade: Bloodlines.

I just remembered the Great Naval Battle Series and had to look it up. Those where fun games but no at all easy. I mean, it was easy to play once you figured everything out but tough to do well in.

Was that the one where you commanded a fleet of tall ships, and there was a sort birds-eye view map that looked like a sepia-tone hand-drawn map from the 18th century?

I remember playing a demo for a game like that - the view from your own ship had very early software 3D graphics. It was interesting, although I think I didn't have a fast enough computer to run it at the time, so it didn't work terribly well, and I gave up.

Edit: Apparently not. I wonder what game was called now.

Shenmue 3 Re Release the first 2 for PC with Much improved graphics & mechanics to fund the sequel!!!

**Also**
Streets of Rage
Final Fight
Half Life 3
PowerStone
Rock Band
Sword of the Berzerk
Project Gotham Racing
Road Rash
Crazy Taxi
Halo 3, ODST, Reach etc.. for PC!!

Shenmue 3 Re Release the first 2 for PC with Much improved graphics & mechanics to fund the sequel!!!

**Also**
Streets of Rage
Final Fight
Half Life 3
PowerStone
Rock Band
Sword of the Berzerk
Project Gotham Racing
Road Rash
Crazy Taxi
Halo 3, ODST, Reach etc.. for PC!!

I'd love to see final fight redone on the SFIV engine. (2D/3D hybrid) That's still the game I go to, for this style of play. For some reason the mix and balance of everything was just right. It would take very little effort on their part. All of the typical characters are already in the SFIV series. They just need to come up with some good levels, and they're all set.

Not really a series, but I'd love to see a new version of Donkey Kong 64, one of my most favorite games in my childhood.

Also like to see a updated version of Megaman 64/Legends, but I doubt either will ever happen.

there are many I wish could come back but they'd never meet my expectations because of how games get made today.

I'd love more
Interstate 76, mech warrior, earthsiege, system shock, Shogo, NOLF

The open world of FF 15 looks amazing, but yeah I'm having a hard time getting over the emo group of individuals it looks like you will control.

Great naval battle series was a WW2 sim mainly although i think they did do a WW1 dreadnaught one. Had a map screen and a top down view of the ship where you did most of the stuff. Like i mentioned before, it was a niche game but i really enjoyed it once i learned how to play it.
We need more ship to ship battle simulators. (They are coming out with the World of Warships MMO though in the future though i hear)
Can look it up on the web that will give you a much better explanation than i could.... :)

I remember a Sailing ship battle simulator that i think was called "Wooden ships and iron men" but not sure if that's the one your thinking of.

Back