What do you mostly play? Single or Multiplayer games?

Do you mostly play single or multi-player games?

• All Single Player / No Multiplayer

• Mostly Single / Some multi

• About Half and Half

• Mostly Multiplayer / Some Single Player

• All Multiplayer / No Single Player

Results are only viewable after voting.

harmattan

Supreme [H]ardness
Single player 99.5% of the time. I'll join a BF4 match in a blue moon, but I quickly and invariably get frustrated by my own reaction time (admittedly not what it used to be) and/or the high AH-quotient that is endemic in multiplayer games. Also, I find most multiplayer game mechanics nowadays give an advantage for the amount of time you commit (or pay) which I categorically won't do.

I strongly lean away from MP-only/focused game for this reason.

Pestluder

n00b
95% single these days.

Multi just trigger my stress response most days... my multiplayer friends will attest to my rampant ragequitting over last two years 🙃

Saturn_V

[H]ard|Gawd
Mostly multiplayer- but there's a group that I play with almost exclusively. (maybe less than <10% solo with randoms)

Mass Effect LE was the first SP game I've purchased in over two years.

U-238

Limp Gawd
Depends how you define it, a lot of my gaming time is spent in multiplayer co-op games with friends so it's technically multiplayer but with a lot of single player essence.

The Mad Atheist

[H]ard|Gawd
Mostly single since i pirate.
Used to play Planetside 2 a lot and have yet to get into MWO since I paid for the legendary pack back in the day.

jizh9404

n00b
Mostly single.
But some good stories are in multiplayer games only. So as long as the plot is good, it worth playing.

renswic

Supreme [H]ardness
I've played and enjoyed a few online games but single player is my jam

defaultluser

[H]F Junkie
I used to play mostly multi, but in the last decade I've grown tired of the same-old boring grind

Derangel

Fully [H]
I used to really like MP back in the day, but now I simply have neither the time to get good at games nor do I have any interest in dealing with how utterly shit the gaming community has become over the years. I’ve been 95+% single player for a very long time now. I’ll dabble in MP stuff from time-to-time but never stick with it. I don’t even do co-op stuff that often anymore.

JavaLava

Limp Gawd
I used to really like MP back in the day, but now I simply have neither the time to get good at games nor do I have any interest in dealing with how utterly shit the gaming community has become over the years. I’ve been 95+% single player for a very long time now. I’ll dabble in MP stuff from time-to-time but never stick with it. I don’t even do co-op stuff that often anymore.

Agreed on SP. A lot of my friends these days are all across the U.S so we play the co op games/games as a service such as Destiny, Vermintide 2, Outlanders, Division, etc. Just fun games to get together in once or twice a week.

Saturn_V

[H]ard|Gawd
but now I simply have neither the time to get good at games nor do I have any interest in dealing with how utterly shit the gaming community has become over the years.
The gaming community (in my neck of the woods) has become less about "playing the game's objective" and more about griefing, trolling and "casual/fuckin' around" gameplay. A generation of gamers is being graded not on how well they play- but the size of the trolls and lols. It's not just hacks and cheats, but spamming chat, voice and actions to render games unplayable.

I blame Twitch, YouTube and Minecraft.

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
The gaming community (in my neck of the woods) has become less about "playing the game's objective" and more about griefing, trolling and "casual/fuckin' around" gameplay. A generation of gamers is being graded not on how well they play- but the size of the trolls and lols. It's not just hacks and cheats, but spamming chat, voice and actions to render games unplayable.

Think it depends on the game and its community. But in the early 2000s things were worse for me. I got started on online games like CS Source and the shouting into the mic was off the charts. As were abusive admins. Not as much in BF4. In CoD MW, I assume there is a good amount but I mute mics. There will always be a bit of intentional team killing and the like. But generally it seems to be about the same for me. I'd assume if you played games that cater to a younger audience like Overwatch and Fortnite things would be even worse. But I'm not seeing any difference for me.

GoldenTiger

Fully [H]

That's why you scout out a good guild/clan/gaming group and stick with them ;). Minimal extra effort but a leaps and bounds better gaming experience.

Zepher

[H]ipster Replacement
I play mainly multiplayer shooters, been playing Overwatch since Beta and usually play it everyday for an hour or so.