What do you guys think of the PSP?

I think it looks great. and as usual i would wait for the 2nd wave of them cause sony is known for there 1st wave of products to be crap. But i think for the price i would rather have this than an IPOD. This thing could be an IPOD killer. In theory yes. but no one knows yet

Doning the asbestos suit...

What I find funny are all these whiny sounds posts from the DS crowd.

Cavet : I own a DS as well and my PSP is sitting in customs (order from lik-sang as I am in the netherlands and can't wait)

The DS, very nifty but lets see, the best game on it is honestly Mario (a port of a game, 6 years or so old?) and a close second is the Metriod demo (these are just my opinions, which like everyone elses, is fully of shit)

The battery argument, 4-6 vs 6-10....then saying how you only like to have a quick bash for 10 or so minutes seems to be a common theme....so let me get this right....you complain about the lack of battery life, yet you only want to play in 10 minute or so burst?...k.

Then there is the, I don't want cinematic gaming etc....yes well, thats why you own a DS

See, this is what I don't get. You buy your DS/PSP/Dildo, whatever. Obviously you have some reason for wanting this, but why do people (and I swear its just like religion "let me tell you about jesus") try so hard to pull people to their way of thinking? I mean, if people are HAPPY with their choice, so fucking be it.

You like your DS? Excellent. You like your PSP? Groovy.

Still, don't stop arguing, I am curious as to which camp is gonna have the bigger e-penis

LiquidX said:
Please stop making a fool of yourself...? Are you a fool or just a idiot? I am just saying if the price was the same as the Asian $189 price I would buy it sooner than I would pay $250 for the pack. I can do without the headphones, cheap case and 32MB card which is a joke. I would rather have the unit without all of that so I can buy most likely a 1gig stick and a protective case with plastic window. Sheez cant people have there opinions? :mad:

You're missing the overall point: the Japanese Value Pack did not cost $189. We're getting the Value Pack, so its price as the same as the Japanese Value Pack. There is no cost increase whatsoever here. Sony's simply selling the bundle instead of the stand-alone pack.

You know, PSP is region-free, so you could just import a standard edition from Japan, if you want to avoid the Value Pack's bonuses.

Oh, and the 32MB card isn't a joke--you need to save your games to something, don't you? 32MB is 4x the capacity of the PS2's memory cards, but I don't hear you calling those a joke.

Terpfen said:
You're missing the overall point: the Japanese Value Pack did not cost $189. We're getting the Value Pack, so its price as the same as the Japanese Value Pack. There is no cost increase whatsoever here. Sony's simply selling the bundle instead of the stand-alone pack.

You know, PSP is region-free, so you could just import a standard edition from Japan, if you want to avoid the Value Pack's bonuses.

Uh...check the price on imports ;)
US people don't have the option of getting it for $189.

Oh, and the 32MB card isn't a joke--you need to save your games to something, don't you? 32MB is 4x the capacity of the PS2's memory cards, but I don't hear you calling those a joke.

Plenty for savegames, almost nothing for the other features of the PSP. Which is just fine- if I had a PSP, I would maybe put the Star Wars Episode 3 trailer on it, and other than that, only play games.

Kristo said:

Cavet : I own a DS as well and my PSP is sitting in customs (order from lik-sang as I am in the netherlands and can't wait).

Netherlands, eh? I used to live there. I miss my patat oorlog :( I used to have it every day...*cries*

The DS, very nifty but lets see, the best game on it is honestly Mario (a port of a game, 6 years or so old?) and a close second is the Metriod demo (these are just my opinions, which like everyone elses, is fully of shit)

True, true. The thing is, the PSP is basicly a miniature PS2. It takes two seconds to port a game, so most games are ports.

The DS on the other hand, is having people making brand new games. As a result, the games take longer to come out (game development usually takes like a year). So most of the good games are coming out later this year.

Some of the upcoming games to watch for:

Advance Wars 3
Age of Empires DS (yay!)
Animal Crossing DS (this is confirmed to be online)
Another Code (this is supposed to be good, dunno)
Baten Kaitos (never played one of these games, but people have said its good)
Castlevania (never played it but its supposed to be good)
Metroid Prime: Hunters (the release date has been bumped back to the same as AC, therefore it may be online!)
GoldenEye: Rogue Agent
MegaMan Battle Network DS
Mario Kart DS (rumored to be online, we know it supports 16 players)
Nanostray
Need for Speed Underground 2
Organizer Plus (PDA software???)
Sonic DS
Soul Caliber
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (YAY)
A brand new Super Mario Bros game
A new Legend of Zelda game (this was announced by Nintendo already)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Viewtiful Joe DS (The console version rocks)
and...
*shiver* a Super Princess Peach and Spongebob game...RUN!

The upcoming games list is quite nice, is it not? Most of them are coming at the end of this year, though :(

I just listed the ones I might be interested in...
There's a lot more.
http://www.gamesarefun.com/gamesdb/platform.php?platformid=84

The battery argument, 4-6 vs 6-10....then saying how you only like to have a quick bash for 10 or so minutes seems to be a common theme....so let me get this right....you complain about the lack of battery life, yet you only want to play in 10 minute or so burst?...k

True, true, but when you're on the road, even playing in short spurts, it sucks when you turn it on and realize, dang, I've been using it in short spurts the last few days and the battery is gone! ARGH!

Seriously, I played my DS (MegaMan Zero 3, GBA, sweet game) for like 5 hours yesterday, in 30 minute to one hour chunks. I had to wait while family members went shopping, and I had to wait an hour between two classes, etc, etc. I may have even played more since I played an hour in bed and half an hour after I got home.

Then there is the, I don't want cinematic gaming etc....yes well, thats why you own a DS

Not that I don't want it, but that I'd rather have new gameplay than cinematic rehashes.

See, this is what I don't get. You buy your DS/PSP/Dildo, whatever. Obviously you have some reason for wanting this, but why do people (and I swear its just like religion "let me tell you about jesus") try so hard to pull people to their way of thinking? I mean, if people are HAPPY with their choice, so fucking be it.

Still, don't stop arguing, I am curious as to which camp is gonna have the bigger e-penis

Oh come on, debating can be fun with intelligent opponents! As long as you don't have a bunch of !!!!!! adversaries, then it just gets frustrating.

v8_h8r said:
I think it looks great. and as usual i would wait for the 2nd wave of them cause sony is known for there 1st wave of products to be crap. But i think for the price i would rather have this than an IPOD. This thing could be an IPOD killer. In theory yes. but no one knows yet

No, it's CERTAINLY not an iPod killer.

Consider:
$150 for the 1 GB memory stick (I've found them priced anywhere from $130 to $220)
+
$250 for the PSP
=
$400

For the same price as a $150 1 GB iPod Shuffle.
No, the PSP is aimed at a different market than the iPod. It won't kill the iPod.

Kristo said:

Cavet : I own a DS as well and my PSP is sitting in customs (order from lik-sang as I am in the netherlands and can't wait)

The battery argument, 4-6 vs 6-10....then saying how you only like to have a quick bash for 10 or so minutes seems to be a common theme....so let me get this right....you complain about the lack of battery life, yet you only want to play in 10 minute or so burst?...k.

Very well put. :p

v8_h8r said:

the US launch IS the second wave, dude. the first wave was teh launch in japan....thats why things like the "bum square button" have been fixed.

What really turns me off are that most games are $40-$50 (not $30-$40).
If you check out ebgames.com you'll see that most of the good ones are $50 and I'm not sure I like the idea of paying $50 for a handheld port of a console game.

Praxis said:
Netherlands, eh? I used to live there. I miss my patat oorlog :( I used to have it every day...*cries*

True, true. The thing is, the PSP is basicly a miniature PS2. It takes two seconds to port a game, so most games are ports.

The DS on the other hand, is having people making brand new games. As a result, the games take longer to come out (game development usually takes like a year). So most of the good games are coming out later this year.

Advance Wars 3
Age of Empires DS (yay!)
Metroid Prime: Hunters (the release date has been bumped back to the same as AC, therefore it may be online!)
Nanostray
Sonic DS
Soul Caliber
and...

The upcoming games list is quite nice, is it not? Most of them are coming at the end of this year, though :(

I just listed the ones I might be interested in...
There's a lot more.
http://www.gamesarefun.com/gamesdb/platform.php?platformid=84

True, true, but when you're on the road, even playing in short spurts, it sucks when you turn it on and realize, dang, I've been using it in short spurts the last few days and the battery is gone! ARGH!

Seriously, I played my DS (MegaMan Zero 3, GBA, sweet game) for like 5 hours yesterday, in 30 minute to one hour chunks. I had to wait while family members went shopping, and I had to wait an hour between two classes, etc, etc. I may have even played more since I played an hour in bed and half an hour after I got home.

Not that I don't want it, but that I'd rather have new gameplay than cinematic rehashes.

Oh come on, debating can be fun with intelligent opponents! As long as you don't have a bunch of !!!!!! adversaries, then it just gets frustrating.

It takes seconds to port games from ps2 to psp? I doubt that show your proof. Then you claim most psp games are ports from other system which they aren't most are new games in the series. Not only that your list is filled with tons of game series that are either on the gamecube and or gba already, so i guess i could call thouse all ports. The you complain the psp is like a portable ps2, yea i'm sure you'd be complaining if the ds was like a portable gamecube :rolleyes:

Luke_Skywalker said:
It takes seconds to port games from ps2 to psp? I doubt that show your proof.

Well, seconds is an exagguration but its extremely quick.
PSP has the same processor (not just the same architecture), same amount of RAM, and same hardware in EVERY SINGLE WAY as the PS2, except it uses Memory Sticks instead of cards and uses UMD instead of DVD.

So basicly, take a PS2 game, add wireless LAN support instead of split screen, make some slight tweaks for the handheld, put it on UMD, done.

Then you claim most psp games are ports from other system which they aren't most are new games in the series.

Just look at the upcoming games list! They're almost all ports. Further, a developer would have to be stupid to make a PSP only game (stuff like Metal Gear Acid are PSP only, still use the Metal Gear rendering engine and the same models and stuff, so its not entirely new), because you could spend several million $ in R&D to make a PSP game, and spend a tiny fraction of that to put it on the PS2 and make double the money.

Not only that your list is filled with tons of game series that are either on the gamecube and or gba already, so i guess i could call thouse all ports.

Is this a joke?
The DS doesn't have GameCube graphics, so you can't port GameCube games.
The DS has a GBA slot, so who would bother porting GBA games?

None of those games are on GameCube. Some are DS sequels to GC games (Animal Crossing DS, which is online, and Viewtiful Joe DS), and others have the same name and story but are still completely unique (GoldenEye: Rogue Agent, Need for Speed Underground 2).

You CAN'T port GameCube games to the DS. GameCube games are designed for much higher polygon counts and much more RAM.

As for GBA games, not ONE of those are on GBA.

Praxis said:
Well, seconds is an exagguration but its extremely quick.
PSP has the same processor (not just the same architecture), same amount of RAM, and same hardware in EVERY SINGLE WAY as the PS2, except it uses Memory Sticks instead of cards and uses UMD instead of DVD.

So basicly, take a PS2 game, add wireless LAN support instead of split screen, make some slight tweaks for the handheld, put it on UMD, done.

Just look at the upcoming games list! They're almost all ports. Further, a developer would have to be stupid to make a PSP only game (stuff like Metal Gear Acid are PSP only, still use the Metal Gear rendering engine and the same models and stuff, so its not entirely new), because you could spend several million $ in R&D to make a PSP game, and spend a tiny fraction of that to put it on the PS2 and make double the money.

Is this a joke?
The DS doesn't have GameCube graphics, so you can't port GameCube games.
The DS has a GBA slot, so who would bother porting GBA games?

None of those games are on GameCube. Some are DS sequels to GC games (Animal Crossing DS, which is online, and Viewtiful Joe DS), and others have the same name and story but are still completely unique (GoldenEye: Rogue Agent, Need for Speed Underground 2).

You CAN'T port GameCube games to the DS. GameCube games are designed for much higher polygon counts and much more RAM.

As for GBA games, not ONE of those are on GBA.
Yea you can port gamecube games, they just port them to have shitty graphics :) So if the ds could make gamecube graphics then automatically the games are called ports? give me a break. The game people are raving the most about on the ds is a port of a n64 game, so what are you blabbering about. Ridge racers isn't a port, Need for speed isn't a port, Ape escape isn't a port, spiderman isn't a port, wipe out isn't a port, lumines isn't a port. Tony hawks is a port, but the review i read so far say the new levels make it better then the orginal? where exactly are these ports of yours?[/QUOTE]

Let me ask you guys this.

If the graphics where the same as the DS would you guys still buy the PSP.

I would get one, I think its a good price for a device that plays videos, games and MP3s. If I didnt just buy a laptop I would probably get one, but I think i'll wait now (I dont think I have a choice anyways with the demand its in now before its even out).

Michael.R said:
Let me ask you guys this.

If the graphics where the same as the DS would you guys still buy the PSP.
Probably cause the games that will be on the psp like gta, gran turismo and others are worth buying it for.

Something to consider about UMB: As far as media goes, UMB is far, far cheaper to make and produce than a cartridge. Nintendo is the only game maker that loves their unique formats that locks in developers into license fees to make their games.... well, until the PSP came along.

Anyway, If you want to know why Sony chose UMB over something else, it's because of the cost to produce factor. Sure it creates a moving part and sucks up battery juice, but that's not their problem. In the end, unless they also make the format more open and let others use it, it could seriously hurt them in the long run. Their memory stick format has been costing Sony some serious market share to competitors and UMB could fall into the same category.

My opinion on everything else? It's a good piece of hardware, but Sony is lacking a killer game to launch with it and the price is going to really, really hurt them.

Luke_Skywalker said:
Yea you can port gamecube games, they just port them to have shitty graphics :) So if the ds could make gamecube graphics then automatically the games are called ports? give me a break.

You obviously don't understand much about games. You can't just tone down the graphics and stick them on the DS- the game engine will be designed for the full console, and not fit on the 4 MB of RAM.

There ARE NO GAMECUBE PORTS on the DS. NONE. Look at the list. There are almost no ports.

When you see "such and such" DS, that is a new entry in the series. Animal Crossing DS is NOT a port of animal crossing, it's a new Animal Crossing game for the DS, for example.

You're being incredibly stubborn on this
:rolleyes:

You have failed to find ONE port other than the big three (Ridge Racers, Mario 64 DS, Rayman DS). Oh, unless you count Tetris :p
The game people are raving the most about on the ds is a port of a n64 game, so what are you blabbering about. Ridge racers isn't a port, Need for speed isn't a port, Ape escape isn't a port, spiderman isn't a port, wipe out isn't a port, lumines isn't a port. Tony hawks is a port, but the review i read so far say the new levels make it better then the orginal? where exactly are these ports of yours?

There's quite a lot of them listed here.
http://psp.ign.com/release/

And Ape Escape IS a port.

Torgo said:
Something to consider about UMB: As far as media goes, UMB is far, far cheaper to make and produce than a cartridge. Nintendo is the only game maker that loves their unique formats that locks in developers into license fees to make their games.... well, until the PSP came along.

Anyway, If you want to know why Sony chose UMB over something else, it's because of the cost to produce factor. Sure it creates a moving part and sucks up battery juice, but that's not their problem. In the end, unless they also make the format more open and let others use it, it could seriously hurt them in the long run. Their memory stick format has been costing Sony some serious market share to competitors and UMB could fall into the same category.

My opinion on everything else? It's a good piece of hardware, but Sony is lacking a killer game to launch with it and the price is going to really, really hurt them.
It has plenty of killer apps imo, some of the most classic and favorite series of the past for sony fans, ridge racers, twisted metal and a fun puzzle game thats supposed to rock lumines. I can't wait to see what a portable madden is like on this system, the one on ds looked horrible like the clunky old n64 maddens which should be put to pasture compared to modern day madden.

Praxis said:
You obviously don't understand much about games. You can't just tone down the graphics and stick them on the DS- the game engine will be designed for the full console, and not fit on the 4 MB of RAM.

There ARE NO GAMECUBE PORTS on the DS. NONE. Look at the list. There are almost no ports.

When you see "such and such" DS, that is a new entry in the series. Animal Crossing DS is NOT a port of animal crossing, it's a new Animal Crossing game for the DS, for example.

You're being incredibly stubborn on this
:rolleyes:

You have failed to find ONE port other than the big three (Ridge Racers, Mario 64 DS, Rayman DS). Oh, unless you count Tetris :p

There's quite a lot of them listed here.
http://psp.ign.com/release/

And Ape Escape IS a port.

and all the others i listed aren't anyways it's a port of the best ape escape of them all. btw i'm joking about porting gamecube games to the ds, I hope you didn't think i was serious. In the list of upcoming games for psp, where are the ton of games that are ports besides sports games, which of course will be ports because it's sports, there is no story etc to make the game different from system to system. And why in the hell whould you think being able to port ps2 like graphics onto the psp to be a bad thing, if you could play the legend of zelda on the ds you whould be raving about it.

the games on the psp cannot be direct ports from the ps2 - sony already made a rule of that:

http://psp.ign.com/articles/523/523360p1.html

and the games that they are "porting" are, for the most part, games that are worth it. - they are fun games. i'd rather have that than WarioWare - HA! the DS is worthless, imao. i think owners of the DS are becoming really defensive since they found out that the DS is nothing but a Palm Pilot that you can play games on and that Nintendo is going to come out with a different/"better" portable gaming system to go up against the PSP. the only reason Sony priced the PSP at $250 is because they know its a better product than the DS - people will buy it at $250, thus they dont need to price it close to the DS. basically, the DS isn't even competing with the DS - the DS isn't in the the PSP's leauge. watch - the PSP will sell out, there will be shortages. hell, the first million already sold out and the european launch is delayed. it might not be an ipod killer, but it should come pretty close (and I wouldn't be suprised if it does become an ipod killer - esp with the recent management changes over at Sony - it looks like they will be starting to "open things up" verses using all Sony proprietary shit on there wares...for example: sony pro duo memory sticks,but those will come down in price).

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=114978
http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000380033782/
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/TechNews/TechInvestor/2005/03/07/pf-953033.html

Another comparison could be made between the acceptance of the DS launch games and the praise that has gone into the PSP launch games.

Check out any review site and you will see that, on average, there isn't really a comparison; the PSP is already an excellent system in terms of software.

I can't believe anyone would call Sony out for regurgitation when the premiere game on the DS is a port from the N64 launch.

Praxis said:
Uh...check the price on imports ;)
US people don't have the option of getting it for $189.

They will after the PSP launches here. Pre-domestic release hardware is always priced sky-high because the importers know they can make a nice profit off those sales. In a couple of months, import prices will be more reasonable.

Plenty for savegames, almost nothing for the other features of the PSP. Which is just fine- if I had a PSP, I would maybe put the Star Wars Episode 3 trailer on it, and other than that, only play games.

Correct, but I never said 32MB was fine for multimedia purposes--I was responding to the idea that the 32MB stick is worthless. It's not.

Torgo said:

Didn't Nintendo go with flash carts for DS games?

PSP is probably looked on as a method of rescuing Memory Stick and establishing UMD (side note: where'd you get the B from, Torgo? :p) And it will probably work. PSP, despite being available only in Japan until a day or two ago, has already outsold the available-in-multiple-regions DS.

Though, personally, I don't care about Memory Stick versus flash memory. I really can't see myself taking, say, an mp3-loaded Memory Stick and wishing I could put it into my Nikon digicam to take a few more pictures with.

Killer app: Ridge Racers. And Sony's 1 million PSP allotment was preordered almost immediately. I'd say they're off to a good start.

PSP's problem isn't its launch, it's what happens three months, six months, a year, two years after the launch. Sony needs to avoid the software dearth the DS has fallen into.

Terpfen said:
Killer app: Ridge Racers. And Sony's 1 million PSP allotment was preordered almost immediately. I'd say they're off to a good start.

I'd rethink that killer app. I didn't really like Ridge Racers for the PSP very much (I bought one for my sister for christmas since it was my first year getting a real christmas bonus from an employer). That said, Lumines is absolutely amazing. I can't wait to check out Wipeout Pure, as well. There are a few sites out there that have gotten their hands on some of the US release games. Check Gamerankings.com. :)

CatsGoMoo said:
I'd rethink that killer app. I didn't really like Ridge Racers for the PSP very much (I bought one for my sister for christmas since it was my first year getting a real christmas bonus from an employer).

I'm not a big fan of Ridge Racer either, but it's still the killer app for the PSP's launch.

PSP's problem isn't its launch, it's what happens three months, six months, a year, two years after the launch. Sony needs to avoid the software dearth the DS has fallen into.

Your joking right? The software death the DS has fallen into. Go look at the DS games and look at the innovative and spectacular games coming out for the DS.

The PSP might have good games at launch but I dont think you will be singing the same tune 6 months from now when the only new releases are sports games.

Michael.R said:
Your joking right? The software death the DS has fallen into. Go look at the DS games and look at the innovative and spectacular games coming out for the DS.

... Like what? WarioWare Touched?

Innovation does not occur on a hardware level. The job of hardware is to make it as easy as possible for the game developer to innovate. I'm sorry, but a second screen, a touch screen, and a stylus does not innovation make.

And tell me, what DS games are coming out, at all? The official Nintendo release schedule has them down to about 1 game a week, possibly 1 game every 2 weeks--this includes all third parties, not just Nintendo. There is a current dearth of new releases.

As for the horizon, the only three games of note that aren't Nintendo updates/recycles are Final Fantasy III (I've been waiting damn near six years for this remake), Gyakuten Saiban, and Castlevania DS.

I hope the DS becomes a viable portable, but right now, I'm not missing out on a thing.

The PSP might have good games at launch but I dont think you will be singing the same tune 6 months from now when the only new releases are sports games.

The PSP has a larger long-term listing of releases than the DS currently has. Load up Gamespot's PSP section and take a look. While I don't care for a lot of its titles, it has the brighter future.

Makai Wars is going to be fun.

Terpfen said:
... Like what? WarioWare Touched?

Innovation does not occur on a hardware level. The job of hardware is to make it as easy as possible for the game developer to innovate. I'm sorry, but a second screen, a touch screen, and a stylus does not innovation make.

And tell me, what DS games are coming out, at all? The official Nintendo release schedule has them down to about 1 game a week, possibly 1 game every 2 weeks--this includes all third parties, not just Nintendo. There is a current dearth of new releases.

Advance Wars 3
Age of Empires DS (yay!)
Nanostray
Sonic DS
Soul Caliber
and...

Guess you missed my post on Page 2...

It's the upcoming DS games that rock.

Praxis said:

First off, you misunderstood me. I'm talking about the current release schedule, not games that are coming out in the far-distant future. But since you brought it up...

I don't want to make too large a post, so I'll just reply to the bigger-name titles on your list.

Advance Wars DS: It's Advance Wars with a sky view. That's nice, but it's not something that'll make me buy a DS.
Age of Empires DS: It's been turned into a fast-paced turn-based game. Screenshots and descriptions are up at Games Are Fun. Disappointing.
Baten Kaitos: card-based RPGs need to die. Could've been good otherwise.
Castlevania DS: I already said I want this game.
Metroid Prime: Hunters: Metroid Prime and MP2 didn't impress me. I'd rather have a Super Metroid remake.
Goldeneye: it's EA's version of Goldeneye, not Rare's. No thanks.
Sonic DS: Sonic has been terrible since hitting the GameCube. I doubt this will be better.
Soul Calibur: has potential. We need more information on it.
Viewtiful Joe 2: I really don't like this series. It's like Comix Zone plus Last Action Hero, minus whatever redeeming qualities those two had.
Xenosaga: you left this out. I really wonder how they're going to fit it into a cart, and whether or not it'll be based on the PS2 game or the anime. Either way, I've already played it on the PS2 and have no desire to buy it for the DS.

DS>PSP

The reason I like is....Flash memory....Flash carts.........Homebrew code...........Emulators for SNES etc etc........Web Browser...........TAKE OVER THE WORLD WITH MY FINGERS

Thats a canadian store. Ive looked at other canadian stores. That's the cheapest Ive found it... :(

Hate_Bot said:
Thats a canadian store. Ive looked at other canadian stores. That's the cheapest Ive found it... :(

I know Futureshop.ca is a Canadian store--again, check overstock.com. I'm sure they ship internationally.

Terpfen said:
I know Futureshop.ca is a Canadian store--again, check overstock.com. I'm sure they ship internationally.

230 USD+Shipping (international)+Duties+Canada Tax=Over $300

alot more then Im willing to pay for a portable system...

Wait for a price drop, then. Either way, it's still cheaper than paying the $400 Futureshop wants.

carrot said:
the DS is nothing more that an oversized Palm Pilot.....PSP>DS

Except for the games...

Is the PSP a fully fledged MP3 Player? can you play MP3 format, or do you have to convert to Atrac or whatever the crappy propriety Sony thing is.

Do you have to buy the movies? Say I have a DVD I have put an iso image on my computer (for backup) can I put this into (in whatever way) a PSP?

Back