What are you nerds playing this weekend?

ended up playing Street fighter/Tekken on the Vita via PSPlus.
great game! Plays better on the Vita than on the PS3.

Continually modded and played Skyrim. Had to reinstall Skyrim from the ground up a week ago due to an excessive amount of hi resolution textures (2k / 4k / 8k) and tweaking uGridsToLoad too far. Did not end well. :p

Diablo 3. Just purchased it on PC yesterday after the Gamestop price drop. Going to take advantage of the 50% experience boost in preparation for Reaper of Souls.

Diablo 3. Just purchased it on PC yesterday after the Gamestop price drop. Going to take advantage of the 50% experience boost in preparation for Reaper of Souls.

Anywhere to get a digital download of this at that price?

Anywhere to get a digital download of this at that price?

Don't think so. Even the copy I got awhile back from the MS Store was a physical one (free shipping, though), and recently they had it on sale for $15 again there but it went OOS quickly. I think maybe they are trying to clear out physical inventory or something.

Either way, all you do is put in the key and just download the game through Battle.Net anyway so it doesn't really matter.

I will say that the Diablo 3 packaging and contents, for a physical copy these days, is really nice. Nice heavy-duty stuff.

Don't think so. Even the copy I got awhile back from the MS Store was a physical one (free shipping, though), and recently they had it on sale for $15 again there but it went OOS quickly. I think maybe they are trying to clear out physical inventory or something.

Either way, all you do is put in the key and just download the game through Battle.Net anyway so it doesn't really matter.

I will say that the Diablo 3 packaging and contents, for a physical copy these days, is really nice. Nice heavy-duty stuff.

Yeah, I just don't want to go to Gamestop. :p

Yeah, I think the only place you can purchase Diablo 3 digitally is from Battle.net anyway.

The box is really nice. It was also charming to see a themed notepad inside. In all honesty, though, a lot of physical PC games have nice packaging nowadays. Maybe it's because most are purchased digitally so they can afford to spend a little extra on the packaging that consumers appreciate. Either way, the trend has brought me back to buying physical copies instead of just getting everything on Steam.

Yeah, I just don't want to go to Gamestop. :p

You can have it shipped to you, but you are looking at like $3.50 or so minimum shipping.

EDIT: Unless they are sold out online now...they weren't when I checked yesterday.

The box is really nice. It was also charming to see a themed notepad inside. In all honesty, though, a lot of physical PC games have nice packaging nowadays. Maybe it's because most are purchased digitally so they can afford to spend a little extra on the packaging that consumers appreciate. Either way, the trend has brought me back to buying physical copies instead of just getting everything on Steam.

Yeah, I admit I have not purchased a boxed copy of a game in a long time, so I don't really know how they are in general these days. The Diablo 3 one was just a lot nicer than I remember in the past.

You guys made me cave. Hate has turned into praise with this latest patch. Went and picked up a copy. $19.99 is way better than $39.99. So I will be playing Diablo 3 this weekend.

Diablo 3 again - this time on hard diff. Trying to hit 60 with my new Barb, but I'm really looking forward to the crusader.

Playing the hell out of Path of Exile in the new Ambush league with mini-expansion. I gave D3 another chance, and it's better than it was, but loot is still pretty boring. PoE just continually impresses me with their (FREE!) content updates. GGG is great company.

Picked up Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons yesterday, beat this morning. I wept like a baby. PLAY IT.

$7 if you buy direct from their site, everywhere else it seems to be full price.

Where were you in 2005 when it came out? :D

I er... lost over a grand on Texas-Hold-Em, through trying to "avoid working" and trying to be a "pro" poker player. My graphics card never got the update that it needed. My dual core AMD Athlon 4400 ( I think it was 2 x 2.2 GHz ) was a shitbox of a computer and generated enough heat to warm up Pluto.

Back then, I totally balked at the concept of $600 / $800 / $1,000 video cards. I thought that people might come to their senses but the trend actually got worse with SLI / tri-SLI. Now I just see the cost of the video card as the price of gaming.

Maxwell architecture is amusing though. It's like NVIDIA rolled back the clock to 14 years ago, with half-length video cards, with dinky fans, powered solely by the PCI bus:

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/nvidia_geforce_gtx_750_and_750_ti_review,2.html

So I have a 5 year backlog of games to work through and Steam sales added to the backlog. I only have a few games left from that era though: Bioshock 1 ; GTA Vice City ; GTA San Andreas. I picked up a few obscure games on GoG.com like:

http://www.gog.com/game/i_have_no_mouth_and_i_must_scream

Harlan Ellison must have been a huge pain in the ass to work with, I can only imagine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj5IV23g-fE

lots of diablo3, REALLY loving the new changes. This is the diablo 3 I was looking for (other then the AH, but thats gone soon THANKGOD)

I er... lost over a grand on Texas-Hold-Em, through trying to "avoid working" and trying to be a "pro" poker player. My graphics card never got the update that it needed. My dual core AMD Athlon 4400 ( I think it was 2 x 2.2 GHz ) was a shitbox of a computer and generated enough heat to warm up Pluto.

Back then, I totally balked at the concept of $600 / $800 / $1,000 video cards. I thought that people might come to their senses but the trend actually got worse with SLI / tri-SLI. Now I just see the cost of the video card as the price of gaming.

Maxwell architecture is amusing though. It's like NVIDIA rolled back the clock to 14 years ago, with half-length video cards, with dinky fans, powered solely by the PCI bus:

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/nvidia_geforce_gtx_750_and_750_ti_review,2.html

So I have a 5 year backlog of games to work through and Steam sales added to the backlog. I only have a few games left from that era though: Bioshock 1 ; GTA Vice City ; GTA San Andreas. I picked up a few obscure games on GoG.com like:

http://www.gog.com/game/i_have_no_mouth_and_i_must_scream

Harlan Ellison must have been a huge pain in the ass to work with, I can only imagine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj5IV23g-fE

For sure...sucks about the Texas Hold-em man. Back on your feet now I imagine?

The cost of gaming is what you make it. Want to max out games at 1080P+? There's a price. 1440P? Price for that too. It's what you make it really.

As far as the 750, don't count on the 8xx being anything gimpy like that.

Playing the hell out of Path of Exile in the new Ambush league with mini-expansion. I gave D3 another chance, and it's better than it was, but loot is still pretty boring. PoE just continually impresses me with their (FREE!) content updates. GGG is great company.
I might give PoE another try. Quit cold-turkey around Christmas after kiting what's-his-face in Act 3 around the entire map while rubber-banding for 10 minutes, then getting killed in one hit from full health by a final lag spike on my Nemesis league character. The connection issues are a real pain. I dealt with them enough on softcore characters that I was prepared to mitigate them and do a hardcore character. But I had never experienced anything like what I described above, and I just said "screw this game" at that point. I think I'm over it now, though.

┬─┬ ノ( ^_^ノ)

...But I can't this weekend since I'm picking up Dark Souls 2 today :D.

lots of diablo3, REALLY loving the new changes. This is the diablo 3 I was looking for (other then the AH, but thats gone soon THANKGOD)

this is me. I can't stop playing it.. I was so tired last night yet I still put a couple hours in. Started at 9:30 and the next thing I knew it was 11:30 and I was like shit, I was supposed to get "rest" tonight. sigh oh well... got a bad ass legendary helm. :)

this is me. I can't stop playing it.. I was so tired last night yet I still put a couple hours in. Started at 9:30 and the next thing I knew it was 11:30 and I was like shit, I was supposed to get "rest" tonight. sigh oh well... got a bad ass legendary helm. :)
On Sunday night I started playing D3 around 20:00... and next thing I know it's 03:30 in the morning! Good thing I took the day off yesterday. I was thinking about playing a couple of hours last night, too, and thought better of it ;). Even though the UI shows the time of day under the map, I don't pay attention to it :D.

Diablo 3 for sure. Game is everything I could want now. Probably some Titanfall as well. Waiting for more posts about it before I buy. Enjoyed the beta though.

Maybe ESO got a BETA invite finally.
Pretty Meh about it after reading through the ESO threads here, but we shall see.

BF4 this weekend for me, having lots of fun with Gol Sniper in close quarters
Might play Diablo 3
May even pick up the 3DS XL and play Fire Emblem again since I finished Bravely Default

Dark souls II

My bad English grammar doesn't describe this game......

I gave up after dying about the 50th time... game is not about dying just stragety but sometimes I just charge in and don't pace the shield and sword ghouls and knights..

Dark souls II

I gave up after dying about the 50th time... game is not about dying just stragety but sometimes I just charge in and don't pace the shield and sword ghouls and knights..

Put your ADD in check and you might make some progress.

Dark souls II

In all fairness, enemies aggro easier and are definitely more aggressive than the first game. If you see on enemy and he has buddies hanging out around the corner, they're all coming after you if you just aggro one of them.

I just finished Dead island Riptide. Pure shit just like the original but basically you explore a pretty island beating the shit out of zombies in every imaginable way(really get in touch with your creepy side.)and find neat toys to build like baseball bats for setting zombies on fire or super heated knives for limb slicing. Its shorter and crappier than the first one but meh ZOMBIES! 7/10

Before that Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 2. Amazing and short :( like always. Story is more similar to the comic than season one it feels like. 9/10

Before that The Adventures of Van Helsing. Pretty much a above par Diablo clone. No complaints. I thought story and vocals were good. Much fun was had 7-8/10

Picked up Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons yesterday, beat this morning. I wept like a baby. PLAY IT.

$7 if you buy direct from their site, everywhere else it seems to be full price.

So I do own it already. I fired it up but um why are they talking in a different language? So this I gotta control two characters and do puzzles is gonna be the whole game?

I'm not poking with sticks I'm just wondering is this gonna have like Walking Dead/Last of Us level tear jerking? If so that's good I just so did not enjoy the first 5 minutes of dragging dad in the wagon puzzle wise. If the writing is worth it I'm willing to stick this out.

Whats different? Something change? I hated the gameplay and art style at launch so I never got more than 20 minutes in.

Tonight I fired up State of Decay. It's not quite what I'm looking for. It's not bad, but quite honestly I'm going through some serious life shit right now and I'm looking for something with a good story I can dive into. I'd like to live on a another planet for a while and my copy of Titan fall doesn't show up til next week.

I was thinking of starting "I am Alive" again. I got like 1/3 the way through but lost my save last year. Any of other suggestions like the games I mentioned? No zombies aren't required :)

Started playing Hawken, so far it's pretty fun. I've been playing rocketeer, which is really fun but I also get wrecked when assault mechs get in my face (due to missiles being slow and whiffing).

I just finished Dead island Riptide. Pure shit just like the original but basically you explore a pretty island beating the shit out of zombies in every imaginable way(really get in touch with your creepy side.)and find neat toys to build like baseball bats for setting zombies on fire or super heated knives for limb slicing. Its shorter and crappier than the first one but meh ZOMBIES! 7/10

its one of the top 5 games of 2013 you fool!!!! :cool:

Back