What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by HardUp4HardWare, Jan 16, 2014.

1. horrorshow

horrorshow [H]ardness Supreme

Very nice sir.

I'm currently trying a pure Arcanist build. So very, very squishy.

2. chenw

chenw 2[H]4U

I actually found I die a lot regardless of build (it could very well be incompetence on my part), but soldier a good bit less, but still a lot. The conjurer has healing that is so far completely unmatched by anything I have tried remotely close to it.

So I am going to use her until I get her up to some decent levels and use her to twink other characters.

3. horrorshow

horrorshow [H]ardness Supreme

Well, like Titan Quest, in Grim Dawn you can't just rush into a mob and spam right-click (*cough, D3).... You actually have to dance a bit and utilize multiple skills etc.

But yes, it is almost brutally hard at times.

4. HardUp4HardWare

HardUp4HardWare [H]ardness Supreme

Friday already, may all your gaming dreams come true.

I didn't play W3 last weekend. I will try to get on it though this weekend when I am not checking MiiTomo.

5. Yakk

Yakk [H]ardness Supreme

AoTS all weekend for me and a few buddies :borg:

6. tracer11LB

tracer11LB [H]Lite

Most likely City Skyline but probably going to login to GW2 again. Maybe a little bit of Shaiya.

7. cvinh

cvinh [H]ard|Gawd

Hopefully some Elder Scrolls Online with some friends.

8. madFive

madFive metal[H]ead

GRAV. I'm still hooked on this one, 90 hours in at this point, and still having fun on friends' server gathering resources, shooting aliens, and building a giant glass house/complex on my own little island on the home-world. Guessing I'll be putting around 150 hours total into this one before finally tiring of it.

Next up I think I'm going to play through the last Tomb Raider game again, hoping the new one goes on sale some time soon.

Also eying Just Cause 3 &/ Mad Max, but doubt they'll be cheap enough for me 'till later this year.

9. Drawmonster

Drawmonster 2[H]4U

The Division. Really starting to like the game.

Porter_ likes this.
  10. Sedriss

Sedriss Limp Gawd

Prolly do some Division, Siege, maybe some Insurgency. So much on my plate right now though. Would love do finish MGS5. Get back into Old Republic (just to finish the story lol). Not enough time. Even Black Desert lol.

11. MrWrong

MrWrong [H]ard|Gawd

Most likely grinding out some Iron Banner in Destiny to see if I can get anything good to drop. Also since I recently picked up Siege I will mix some of that in as well.

12. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

This weekend:

Wrapping up the final hour or so of SOMA.
    Playing a bit more of Twilight Princess HD.
    Maybe starting Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U.
    Definitely going to jump into Hyper Light Drifter. I bought it on GOG and Steam. (GOG first because I didn't know it was simultaneously releasing on Steam :D )

My wife is out of town this weekend, so the kids and I will be in full game mode.

13. HardUp4HardWare

I keep thinking that I should buy Pillars of Eternity. Anyone here recommend that game?

14. dragon69

dragon69 69's Dragons

Playing some DOOM closed beta, The Division, and Assassin's Creed Black Flag. Possibly some Borderlands mixture in there as well.

15. Porter_

Porter_ [H]ardness Supreme

The Division! Almost have all High End gear on my character.

16. Yakk

Yakk [H]ardness Supreme

I play it when I want to relax. I find it akin to reading a good book.

17. RaZoRbLaDeD

RaZoRbLaDeD Gawd

Rise of tomb raider
    Shadow of mordor
    Kingpin: Life of crime
    Angry video game nerd II Assimilation
    Watch dogs

Just finished up Witcher 3 last night and also still hopping on MgS5 on occasion

I'm taking on too many games at once tbh

18. TBJ

TBJ Gawd

Watching our oldest play Shadow of Mordor on PS3, hearing how dying multiple times makes it harder to play consequently and then reminded of Asheron's Call back in the day "death penalty".

19. Raendor

Raendor Gawd

It looks like I'm having a gaming impotence (lol). I've been playing w3 (great), gta V (great) and F4 last year (very disappointed and don't want to play it anymore at all). But rarely something seems to be able to catch my interest. I seem to lose it very fast. i've barely made myself to finish Mad Max. I don't know, games start to feel very boring and repetitive for me. i might enjoy something at first and then absolutely lose the remaining interes (like with pillars of eternity). I like sandbox games but those feel empty. TBH this is how i feel for quite few years already. Am I just getting old (25, married, good career) and my interests are shifting or does somebody feel like this as well?

20. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Divinity original Sin is way better I have yet to finish both I'm close to finishing Divinity though I'm at the last dungeon but can't get in cause the Boss Mega Death Knight is really hard.

21. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

I got 100% pulled into Hyper Light Drifter over the weekend. This game is absolutely stunning. It's also fairly difficult (in a good way that makes you keep coming back.) After this becoming a buzzword on mobile game descriptions, I'm hesitant to use it, but I'm completely ADDICTED to this game right now. The game requires excellent timing, a decent amount of strategy, you can't just mash combat, there is a metric-eff-ton of secrets and exploration, and it's all 100% worth doing. You also have to use your brain, and *gasp* imagination to interpret the story. It's there, but it's all in visual cues while playing, and in images that represent conversations. Nice twist. Highly recommended!

22. HardUp4HardWare

I did get Pillars of Eternity, but did not get to play it much, got it late sunday.

Have been playing Hot Shots Golf World Invitational online games. Great fun. Not much of a time sink.

23. zeeDj

zeeDj n00b

Any one been playing World of Tanks World of Tanks — Free Online Game

Been really loving this game been playing it for a few years now !

has a moon ball that you can play on the moon like playing pool :D but with tanks soo much fun

if any one has a active clan in wot hit me up. i can use a mic if need be for the game but not needed !

Attached Files:

24. MavericK

MavericK Zero Cool

I just finished up Mad Max not too long ago, after playing it a bit and then taking a break because Witcher 3 or Fallout 4 or something else that I wanted to play instead came out. :p

Pretty good game...I actually thought the ending was very appropriate given the setting/previous lore. No real desire to 100% the game, though. I don't know what the point of all the engine upgrades for the V8 are, once you beat the game there's really not much point.

25. jtm55

jtm55 Gawd

Hi All

Borderlands the pre sequel

26. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

Hyper Light Drifter again. That is all.

27. Yakk

Yakk [H]ardness Supreme

AoTS marathon, with maybe a bit of Endless Legends as a change of pace inbetween games.

28. Drawmonster

Drawmonster 2[H]4U

That fucking ending. Fury Road had a good ending. Mad Max the game, not so much.

29. Yippee38

Yippee38 [H]ard|Gawd

Darkest Dungeon. I'm hope to successfully complete a Medium Quest.

30. VF31Tomcatters

VF31Tomcatters Gawd

31. Viper16

Viper16 [H]ard|Gawd

Finished Uncharted Collection, Next Up: MGS PP, yeah I have a back log! I need to get back into Witcher 3, but I have over +100 hours in it, and have only completed 60% or so of the main story....getting kind of burnt. I need to Arkham City as well.

32. HardUp4HardWare

I will be dying....a lot...in Dark Souls 3

Armenius likes this.
  33. Viper16

Viper16 [H]ard|Gawd

I got like that in my mid 20's, but I got a PS4 around age 29, and have been back playing games. It was a 5-year rut for me. I picked up other hobbies in the meantime. It got to feeling like a grind just to play a game, so I spaced it out with other interests, and so far has been great!

34. kledar586

kledar586 [H]ard|Gawd

picked up an older game on my list for awhile, Expedition Conquistador, its like King's Bounty with roguelike elements...having some trouble even on normal difficulty so far, I might be doing something wrong.

35. Armenius

Armenius I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital

Dark Souls III is going to be my world for a long while...

36. HardUp4HardWare

Yep, I am breaking in my new 980ti with it. I am nervous it will kick my ass and drive me crazy. I am on the edge as it is....

37. Cypher-

Cypher- [H]ard|Gawd

Woke up to an email from Blizzard inviting me to the final Overwatch beta test weekend. If for some reason I get bored then either continuing my newest Fallout 4 play through or grinding out some GTA online. I had only played GTA online on Xbox 360 and was always afraid to play on PC due to modders and hackers. I was with some people last weekend and one of them mentioned he's always playing it without much issue so I decided to give it a shot. I'm definitely enjoying it however I started a new character so I have a lot of levels to grind out.

38. madFive

madFive metal[H]ead

More GRAV. Still pretty well hooked on that game.

39. braamer

braamer [H]ard|Gawd

Dark Souls 3 and only Dark Souls 3 for quite some time.

40. Snoflo

Snoflo Limp Gawd

Dungeon Siege 1. :geek: