What are you nerds playing this weekend?

I had every intention of playing the Dead Space remake tonight but here I am grinding away on Modern Warfare 2 swearing that everybody in my lobby is a cheater. I have the worst luck that way lol....

I used to live and breath single player games but for whatever reason whenever I sit down to play it's always COD that I end up on.

I'm like this. Intent on playing some shiny new SP game I purchased... end up in Natural Selection 2, a hybrid FPS/RTS from 2012. Steam says I have 3335 hours in this game... LOL.

I did end up finishing Dead Space 2023 though. Great game, worth the time (that you don't sink into COD)!

Finally beat RE3 Remake.. Everything with the nemesis was a bit ridiculous lol.. Wish they wouldn't have cut all the content from the original with locations and bosses.... Coulda been a great game like RE2 remake

Probably going to take a break from Diablo IV to play Amnesia: The Bunker this upcoming weekend.

Now that I have a better GPU I think I'm finally going to get around to playing and finishing the Resident Evil 2 reboot. I've had it for years, I just never could find the nerve to go through with it. I think it's time. It's either that or Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. Another game I've had for a grip but never played through...

Got monoliths in Last Epoch down to about 40m a run. Good way to kill some time before bed.

Finished up Dishonored 2 with high chaos, cuz that's how I roll. Excellent game.
Playing Death of the Outsider now and I can really tell that they meant for it to be a DLC for Dishonored 2.
Haven't those released like really close too? 1 year or something.
Dis2 is amazing imo, and they've sprinkled some replayability with playing as Emily/Corvo too(on top of doing high/low chaos same as Dis1). Haven't played DotO, but it looked a bit odd to me, especially enemy design I saw from screenshots

For me it's Doom Eternal(shooting demons) into going to the gun range for few hours(shooting targets with my 6.5 creedmoor from https://gritrsports.com/shooting/firearms/rifles/6-5-creedmoor-rifles/ ). Good weekend :D

Last edited:
Haven't those released like really close too? 1 year or something.
Dis2 is amazing imo, and they've sprinkled some replayability with playing as Emily/Corvo too(on top of doing high/low chaos same as Dis1). Haven't played DotO, but it looked a bit odd to me, especially enemy design I saw from screenshots
Dishonored 2 dropped in 2016, Death of the Outsider 2017.
Yeah when I replay Dishonored 2, I'm playing Emily to see the differences. When I chose Corvo, I thought it was only going to be for one mission, especially since they have you using Emily to do the tutorial.

Death of the Outsider is great, but a little short with new abilities and weapons, I'm really digging it.

Now that I have a better GPU I think I'm finally going to get around to playing and finishing the Resident Evil 2 reboot. I've had it for years, I just never could find the nerve to go through with it. I think it's time. It's either that or Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. Another game I've had for a grip but never played through...
Man you need to finish RE2 lol that was such a good reboot. I just finished RE3 and it was no where near as good as 2...

Dishonored 2 dropped in 2016, Death of the Outsider 2017.
Yeah when I replay Dishonored 2, I'm playing Emily to see the differences. When I chose Corvo, I thought it was only going to be for one mission, especially since they have you using Emily to do the tutorial.

Death of the Outsider is great, but a little short with new abilities and weapons, I'm really digging it.
I need to finish D2.. I had it on game pass half way in then I got it for free on Amazon thru gog.. Lol so now I need to start all over...

Man you need to finish RE2 lol that was such a good reboot. I just finished RE3 and it was no where near as good as 2...
That's what a couple of friends on my discord server were pointing out to me. 2 is great, 3 has little in common with its PlayStation ancestor aside from the Nemesis and is too short, and 4 is a must buy. (Already have 2 and 3, maybe I'll get the 4th on a 33-50% off sale)

That's what a couple of friends on my discord server were pointing out to me. 2 is great, 3 has little in common with its PlayStation ancestor aside from the Nemesis and is too short, and 4 is a must buy. (Already have 2 and 3, maybe I'll get the 4th on a 33-50% off sale)
I honestly enjoyed RE3 remake more than I have been enjoying RE4 remake. I have now dropped RE4 remake several times after trying to play through it. I don't understand how people call RE4 remake the perfect remake.

I honestly enjoyed RE3 remake more than I have been enjoying RE4 remake. I have now dropped RE4 remake several times after trying to play through it. I don't understand how people call RE4 remake the perfect remake.
Omg finally someone who agrees with me!!!! I hated Re4 og.. I tried the new demo on pc and still hate it.. I hate how ugly it looks all the brown and poo colors and locations.. I keep hoping Capcom remakes re1 with these engines bc that's the only true re game to me.. RE2 remake was the best and RE3 wasn't terrible but they could have made it so much better....

Omg finally someone who agrees with me!!!! I hated Re4 og.. I tried the new demo on pc and still hate it.. I hate how ugly it looks all the brown and poo colors and locations.. I keep hoping Capcom remakes re1 with these engines bc that's the only true re game to me.. RE2 remake was the best and RE3 wasn't terrible but they could have made it so much better....
My issue with RE4 remake isn't how it looks, but how it plays. It just doesn't feel good to play with the new mechanics, at all. My biggest issue is how they introduced bloom to the guns, which is the bane of all modern shooting games. In the original your bullets always went exactly where your laser pointed. In the remake they replaced the laser with a dynamic crosshair, and your aim is affected now by both bloom and steadiness rather than just steadiness. The original RE4 felt good because the way Leon handled the firearms felt realistic. The remake now just has the same frustrating randomness to the firing as all other shooters have these days. Not even RE2 or RE3 remake really had this problem. In those games, when the crosshair tightened up after holding your aim your bullets actually traveled how you expected them to. For some reason with the added stats on guns in RE4, they decided to make things random.

The last time I tried to play RE4 remake I got frustrated and just went back for another complete playthrough of the "original" (Ultimate HD Edition) with the re4_tweaks and RE4HD mods.

My issue with RE4 remake isn't how it looks, but how it plays. It just doesn't feel good to play with the new mechanics, at all. My biggest issue is how they introduced bloom to the guns, which is the bane of all modern shooting games. In the original your bullets always went exactly where your laser pointed. In the remake they replaced the laser with a dynamic crosshair, and your aim is affected now by both bloom and steadiness rather than just steadiness. The original RE4 felt good because the way Leon handled the firearms felt realistic. The remake now just has the same frustrating randomness to the firing as all other shooters have these days. Not even RE2 or RE3 remake really had this problem. In those games, when the crosshair tightened up after holding your aim your bullets actually traveled how you expected them to. For some reason with the added stats on guns in RE4, they decided to make things random.

The last time I tried to play RE4 remake I got frustrated and just went back for another complete playthrough of the "original" (Ultimate HD Edition) with the re4_tweaks and RE4HD mods.
Gotcha I just never liked the locations in Re4.. I always liked being in the mansion or the police station.. I'll prob never get 4 unless it's 5 bucks lol.. I'm still hoping Capcom goes back to its roots with the next pregame I didn't care for village demo either.. I might get it when it's 4.99 lol

I have no idea. Last weekend I said I'd be playing this or that but ended up playing American Truck Simulator once I figured out I could stream internet radio or dump mp3s in a folder. I also went from a gamepad over the weekend remembering and dusting off my Logitech G29 steering wheel/pedals. The were literally chalk full of dust. It was given to me as a present around 2018 to play Project Cars. I ended up not liking project cars so it was put in storage under my BAD.. big azz desk. ;)

After beating Death of the Outsider, which the ending really pissed me off, I decided to play Aliens: Fireteam Elite.
The game is both worse and better than I thought it would be, good thing I got it for free. The bots are a lot smarter than peeps give them credit for.

I'm only on the second mission in the campaign so far, so I'll hold my judgement for now, till I play with a real fireteam.

Well, I was hoping to play The Division 2 Title Update 18 this weekend but....it's unplayable lmao. Maybe some TD1 and finish up Gotham Knights. Somebody mentioned Dishonor, I forgot I never finished that game so I'll play that too.

Going to run through all the Arkham games starting with Arkham Asylum, which I haven't played since 2014.
And this is my first time playing it @ 4K.
Should be a blast.

The indoctrination continues... :D

Introduced my wife and my oldest daughter to Warcraft 2. Just got done playing a 3 vs 1 computer with my son, my daughter and I facing off against the computer. We're going to need to add another computer ally because it's getting way too easy now.

Paused modding Fallout New Vegas for a bit to step back and think about various combinations of traps for the rebuild of my mod which I lost due to SSD and flash drive failure. I've come up with some interesting - and deadly - ideas but need to take a break for a bit. I find playing other games gives me inspiration for lore friendly additions to any mod I make.

As such, this last weekend started a new run through of Cyberpunk 2077. Going for melee/hacker build with a little bit of stealth mixed in. Which, of course you all might have guessed, has already given me an idea for a couple of additions to my mod for FO:NV. Hmmm...character beheading...that's a thought... :D

Playing the original 1994 Warcraft. Whheeeee doggy! This game is ancient, compared to Warcraft 2. Not too bad though. Once you get used to the ridiculousness of it then it's not terrible. Not EASY. But not impossible either.

I’ll review it once I finish the campaigns. Currently 3/4 of the way there on the human campaign.

Last edited:
Finally finished Arkham Asylum.
I'm glad I waited so long to replay it, it felt like a new game since I just about forgot about everything in the game that happened.

Started Arkham City last night, haven't played that one since 2012. It still looks great maxed @ 1440P. For some reason, DSR won't let me play it @ 4K, oh well.

D4 - First time playing this series. I tried POE briefly some years ago but always had some performance issues and I was still on old MMORPG grind otherwise my first real foray into ARPG. I haven't played much of anything the last two years and I'm definitely more into solo play now than MMO, but I could do some grouping in D4 if needed.

Runs great in Linux so far on both desktop and laptop.

My handle is one I used going back to Tribes in the 90s as an old hispanic coworker used to call me diablillo or something close to that.

Last edited:
Still going all-in with Street Fighter 6 and Diablo 4. That's probably going to be me all summer to be honest. I'm hoping they'll fix Jedi Survivor at some point, but I'm kinda losing faith that it's even possible.

Been on a MMO kick lately.
After not playing it for years, i dusted off Lord of the Rings Online, and got back into it. (Have a lifetime sub i got way back when so had about 35K points saved up which paid for a few expansions and upgrades, etc)
After that i played a bit on GW2 which i also hadn't touched in a long while.
Did play a few hours on City of Heroes on the free server also.
For single player and the like, i played Diablo 4, Sims 4 house building, the original Stalker game, and No Man's sky for my space game urges.

Playing the original 1994 Warcraft. Whheeeee doggy! This game is ancient, compared to Warcraft 2. Not too bad though. Once you get used to the ridiculousness of it then it's not terrible. Not EASY. But not impossible either.

I’ll review it once I finish the campaigns. Currently 3/4 of the way there on the human campaign.
Hoping to finish the human campaign. Was playing the penultimate level and damn it was hard. Lots of restarts. Stupid computer is established already and sending catapults five minutes into the match. Catapults are way overpowered in the first Warcraft. I had to resort to sending packs of four water elementals to go take care of the enemy bases.

Weird West got to the 2nd Pug Man character with 10 hours in the game.

Also fired up Ultima online which is alot more playable on OLED than LCD but not going to get sucked into it.

Back