What are you nerds playing this weekend?

At this point I'm 2.5 weeks from a simultaneous release of Street Fighter 6 and Diablo 4. Those two will probably consume all my recreational time for a while and I already know they run well. I'm tempted to give Jedi Survivor a go in the meantime, but it was still jank as hell last time I tried it. Plus, it's a large game. If it isn't running great by this weekend I'll probably blow through another round of RE4 with the rocket launcher.

Played Anno 1404 this weekend. Was fine I guess. Was making a steady income and I didn't want to mess up my balance I had so I was afraid to expand. Decent game, but not quite my genre I guess.

I really hate TR:A too. I don't like the way it looks, I don't like the controls, and I don't like the way it plays. It has decent music I guess, but that's about all it has going for it.

I'd rather play the original 1996 game, which is actually enjoyable to play, any day. TR:L/U were better, and the reboot trilogy better than the LAU trilogy overall imo. The first two classic Tomb Raider games are my favorite though and the most iconic.
I've never played any of the tomb raider games lol I think I got a few of the newer ones for free on epic but I just don't have the time to play them and not sure if they're even good enough to actually play lol

I've never played any of the tomb raider games lol I think I got a few of the newer ones for free on epic but I just don't have the time to play them and not sure if they're even good enough to actually play lol
The ones they gave away on Epic are worth your time and worth your days off. :)

I'm going fishing for Bass but I want to play the Splinter Cell Ghost Recon Breakpoint DLC going to see what level I have to be in order to play it. It cost me 1700 points but already had 1400 points so it was like 5.00
It's a Mission 2 Act2 took a while to figure out because I'm on Act 1.

Last edited:
2013 and Rise of the Tomb Raider are both most definitely worth your time. Rise is the best in the reboot trilogy and just might be the best in the entire series. I never got around to finishing Shadow of the Tomb Raider, as it didn't hold my attention like the other two.

2013 and Rise of the Tomb Raider are both most definitely worth your time. Rise is the best in the reboot trilogy and just might be the best in the entire series. I never got around to finishing Shadow of the Tomb Raider, as it didn't hold my attention like the other two.
Rise was awesome, 2013 is a very close 2nd, although TBH I may rank them the same. SOTTR was fun and had some great parts as well. I enjoyed the entire reboot personally.

I installed Ghostwire Tokyo via Gamepass for the hell of it. It has great graphics (maybe the best I can recall for a "real" game), but the game itself is quirky, simplistic, and kinda boring. I guess it'll give me something to do, though. If nothing else, it's great eye candy.

Lmk how it is. I got 2 on epic for free
I'm about 5hrs into the first one, I get a lot of Bioshock vibes from it and not just cuz it's a UE3 title, but the corpses, the little audio logs, the powers, the golden outline around grab-able objects, all the weird consumables, a lot of the locations too.

I'm digging it so far.

This weekend:

Holy Diver

It's basically a Castlevania clone that came out on the Famicom in Japan. But much, much harder than Castlevania. This is apparently one of the most difficult games on the Famicom/NES. Let's just on a scale of Super Mario Bros being a 1 in difficulty to Wizardry IV being a 10, this would rate a 6, whereas something like Elden Ring would rate a 1.1 in difficulty.

853894_IMG_20230520_114407311.jpg

I have the game started but not finished there is so much going on in the game at one time I get side tracked.
I have 7.8 hours in the game when I got my Oled monitor i kept adjusting setting but some areas looked too dark until the Firmware update made stuff better for the game.
The Firmware for my LG make the Black Equalizer better so dark areas were not as bad.

Thinking of Middle-Earth - Shadow of Mordor and its sequel. I never played these, but have had them for a while. They've always looked boring to me. Same with Dragon Age Inquisition, which I also have and am considering.

I have the game started but not finished there is so much going on in the game at one time I get side tracked.
I have 7.8 hours in the game when I got my Oled monitor i kept adjusting setting but some areas looked too dark until the Firmware update made stuff better for the game.
The Firmware for my LG make the Black Equalizer better so dark areas were not as bad.
What do you think of cbp so far? I might try RE3 Remake first since it's way shorter than cbp lol

Thinking of Middle-Earth - Shadow of Mordor and its sequel. I never played these, but have had them for a while. They've always looked boring to me. Same with Dragon Age Inquisition, which I also have and am considering.
I have them all free and played a little while.. I heard they're really good but I don't know I can't seem to get hooked on anything lately

What do you think of cbp so far? I might try RE3 Remake first since it's way shorter than cbp lol

The people walking in the street is the true Cyberpunk experience it's just a freak show. The story doesn't match what the general game shows off. The story is narrow or focused but the game engine as a entire is pretty wild. It's like Grand Theft Auto but cooler looking.

I need to play cyberpunk... I've had it for over a year got it for 19..when do you plan to start it lol I keep getting side tracked with other games since I have game pass

Cyberpunk is one of the better games I've played over the past few years, even though it had bugs. It is generally fixed now but the engine will always have quirks like Fallout. Maybe you can wait until the story DLC is out.

Cyberpunk is one of the better games I've played over the past few years, even though it had bugs. It is generally fixed now but the engine will always have quirks like Fallout. Maybe you can wait until the story DLC is out.
That's what I've heard. I decided to wait until bugs were fully fixed before I dove in. Not sure if I can wait until the DLC bc that might be buggy as well lol. I would think by now the original should be bug free lol anyways I started up RE3 Remake. That intro was great actually enjoying it more than Re4 remake... Will likely start cp after RE3 Remake

Hopefully going to finish up Ghostwire Tokyo (beautiful, but boring) and clean/tune up my PC for some big launches next week. If I have some spare time, I want to play some PSVR games.

Been playing Last Epoch again. Fun.

For whatever reason, the itch for Elden Ring has hit me. Not sure if I want to reinstall it. Not quite the game to relax to before bed.

Been playing Last Epoch again. Fun.

For whatever reason, the itch for Elden Ring has hit me. Not sure if I want to reinstall it. Not quite the game to relax to before bed.
The first Dark Souls was my comfort game for a long time. It really helped me relax. I guess I'm weird.

I don't know why peeps are still worried about playing CP2077.
I put 192hrs in to it August of 2021 and it was a fucking awesome experience. I would have played it again if I could just stop buying other games.
That's good to hear. I don't always listen to people opinions.. Everyone did RE4 remake was amazing along with metroid Prime remaster but I don't care for either one. People said RE3 Remake sucks but I'm really enjoying it go figure....I'm hopn cp2077 ends up the same way

That's good to hear. I don't always listen to people opinions.. Everyone did RE4 remake was amazing along with metroid Prime remaster but I don't care for either one. People said RE3 Remake sucks but I'm really enjoying it go figure....I'm hopn cp2077 ends up the same way
I respect that. Just remember, the only opinion that matters is your own.
We (meaning everyone else) are just data points from a neutral party trying to influence your already made up mind. ;)

I respect that. Just remember, the only opinion that matters is your own.
We (meaning everyone else) are just data points from a neutral party trying to influence your already made up mind. ;)
Exactly another example is Witcher 3 everyone raved about it but I just couldn't get into it and only played about 6 hrs and haven't touched it in a few years lol

Exactly another example is Witcher 3 everyone raved about it but I just couldn't get into it and only played about 6 hrs and haven't touched it in a few years lol
Man, I loved that game when I played it... I was able to get into it and damn it got good toward the last half of the game.

Man, I loved that game when I played it... I was able to get into it and damn it got good toward the last half of the game.
Maybe I need to get to that point.. I don't know Im not into open world stuff. I get lost and then to much time passes by and I get bored and aggravated so I shelf it.. Kinda like with Zelda botw similar situation

Maybe I need to get to that point.. I don't know Im not into open world stuff. I get lost and then to much time passes by and I get bored and aggravated so I shelf it.. Kinda like with Zelda botw similar situation
TBH, I am not a fan of open world either, I have always preferred a nice linear story, but I was able to get into Witcher III and had fun the entire time. In that game, most the "side quests" actually have a bearing on how the story plays out and ends too.

You can just focus on the main questline if you're feeling overwhelmed. You will also tend to find the most important side quests and world locations when following the main quest. What I tend to do in large open world RPGs like this is limit myself to a subjective radius of exploration outside the main path, and speak to everybody when the main quest takes me to a new location. I will keep track of the journal and only do side content when it's not far out of the way. Even with the fast travel system in The Witcher 3, it can take a long time to move about. This progressive expansion of my exploration has helped me get through games that are similar in scope like The Elder Scrolls.

Was closer to the end of Ghostwire than I thought, so it looks like Quantum Break is next on the menu. I figure I should be able to blow through it between now and next Friday considering I have no responsibilities for 2 of those days.

EDIT: Quantum Break is still a massive clusterfuck. The game runs fine in terms of FPS, but the colors and textures randomly go haywire with no apparent fix. At least not for the Gamepass version. The Steam version at least has a DX11 executable that supposedly works. They apparently also pulled down the server that hosts the between-level videos. You can watch 'em on YouTube, luckily, but this game is kinda/sorta abandonware.

Last edited:
Playing Hogwarts Legacy ... on PC and this is one nice looking polished game. Like the Harry Potter version of Halo Infinite..

Last edited:
Back