Were you one of the million banned from Xbox Live?

Why do people keep bitching about this. Its $50 bucks a year. That is fucking cheap! Not mention you can buy them on eBay in card form for cheaper than that.

Beats me. Xbox Live is very good and $50/year is cheap. You aren't just paying for "playing online."

I don't think their xbox live account gets banned, that was paid for.. the games are what is not paid for, using burned copies with a modded 360. The 360 hardware itself gets banned.. not the account. To play on xbox live even with a modded 360 you have to have an active live account.

I don't think their xbox live account gets banned, that was paid for.. the games are what is not paid for, using burned copies with a modded 360. The 360 hardware itself gets banned.. not the account. To play on xbox live even with a modded 360 you have to have an active live account.

Depends... in certain circumstances they will ban both. If you are playing a game before it is release, they will permanently suspend your XBL account for TOS violations AND ban your system for playing pirated games. If it is not pre-release play, then I believe they just ban your box.

Hopefully this doesn't cross into piracy, but I'm actually looking at buying one of the modded and now banned Xbox 360s because right now I'm too cheap to buy a new one. The idea of playing on Live has never appealed to me, as most of the games I want to play I do on my PC. There's just a few console exclusives I'd really like to play though.

Question is, since these are banned, they're only banned from Live, right? They still will play a game disc?

Hopefully this doesn't cross into piracy, but I'm actually looking at buying one of the modded and now banned Xbox 360s because right now I'm too cheap to buy a new one. The idea of playing on Live has never appealed to me, as most of the games I want to play I do on my PC. There's just a few console exclusives I'd really like to play though.

Question is, since these are banned, they're only banned from Live, right? They still will play a game disc?

Yes, you can still play game discs, but you will not receive any game updates OTA, nor will you get DLC, etc.

Good, you dserve it, you modded it, knowing it was against the rules / EULA what ever, now you got the answer to that, go cry me a river! boo hoo hoo.

if i modded my Xbox and DIDNT get banned i would be happy as heck, but if i mod it and get banned, life goes on!

Depends... in certain circumstances they will ban both. If you are playing a game before it is release, they will permanently suspend your XBL account for TOS violations AND ban your system for playing pirated games. If it is not pre-release play, then I believe they just ban your box.

Wrong. they ban your console not your live account for playing piracy games.

PSN is nowhere near as good as Live and Steam is PC related, so it doesn't count.

Lol steam doesnt count? since when? its catered for gaming so it doesnt matter what platform steam is on. it does more work than xbox live and in terms OF PLAYING GAMES ONLINE AND DOWNLOADING DEMO'S, LIVE and PSN are the same.

Again, your paying $4 a month to party chat and send game invites. HOW MANY TIMES must i repeat myself?

IMO something like xbox live should come included as part of purchasing the console

and no, not the silver "gimped" xbox live

but microsoft is too greedy for that, you dont even get wifi with your xbox so what makes you think youll get xbox live LOL

IMO something like xbox live should come included as part of purchasing the console

and no, not the silver "gimped" xbox live

but microsoft is too greedy for that, you dont even get wifi with your xbox so what makes you think youll get xbox live LOL

QFT those damn wifi adapters cost an arm pretty much half of the damn console. Those who say just pull a damn ethernet cable, my house is fing old as hell and really hard to wire anything. Though I love the xbox because the controller is made for FPS anything other than online FPS like MW2 will definitely go to my PS3

What, Xbox owners with chipped consoles had their XBL accounts banned?!

Hitler will not be pleased...

And yet steam and PSN does those two things you mention for free? umm

PSN is nowhere near as good as Live and Steam is PC related, so it doesn't count.

:rolleyes: 360 fanboys, :rolleyes: They will say anything to impress on others that their platform is the best. When are you numskulls going to realize MS is trying to nickel and dime you for stuff that's free on other platforms. It's plain stupidity to continue to support them. PC/PS3 ftw. oh by the way I have a 360 and it collects dust since I realize the other two are the better options. :p

If you want to play "backup" games or games from other regions or whatnot, why dont you own two systems to begin with.

1 for online soly
and the second you should never even hookup online and use that as your backup.

Sheesh.

If you are dumb enough to plug in modded equiptment to a system that is hooked up to live, than you are just asking for the problem.

Lol steam doesnt count? since when? its catered for gaming so it doesnt matter what platform steam is on. it does more work than xbox live and in terms OF PLAYING GAMES ONLINE AND DOWNLOADING DEMO'S, LIVE and PSN are the same.

Again, your paying $4 a month to party chat and send game invites. HOW MANY TIMES must i repeat myself?

repeat it as many times as you want until you shut up.. have you figured out no one cares about your penny pinching bitching anymore.. we get it.. you dont like XBL.. now shut the hell up already and let this thread stay on topic! your almost as bad as the nvidia and ATI fanboys crying... no wait.. you are..

You will not be able to use windows media center extender
You will not be able to install games to the hard drive
You will not be able to connect the xbox to the internet for any reason
Your save game files will work locally, but if you ever move them to another box they will be corrupted

Other than that it works fine.

$4 divided by 30 is 13 cents a day. Even if you only play once every other day, thats a quarter. The quarter is well worth the convenience, and im sure most people use it more than that.

Oh i also have a PS3, and watercooled gaming PC, and i use my 360 more than either.

One of the secondary bits of fallout of this is that it is basically going to kill secondary system sales for a while.

GS is going to reselling a lot of consoles that are going to be functionally neutered and creating a bunch of pissed off customers.

One of the secondary bits of fallout of this is that it is basically going to kill secondary system sales for a while.

GS is going to reselling a lot of consoles that are going to be functionally neutered and creating a bunch of pissed off customers.

The stores are networked now. Easy just to plug in a system to the network and see if Live is functional. The minute you plug in an internet connect and try to access anything Live it will give you a message that your system has been banned.

We had to do about 10 minutes of testing before taking a system back.

Anyone wanna sell their banned consoles for 20 bucks? hahha :p

I wanna play forza 3 :(

If you want to play "backup" games or games from other regions or whatnot, why dont you own two systems to begin with.

1 for online soly
and the second you should never even hookup online and use that as your backup.

Sheesh.

If you are dumb enough to plug in modded equiptment to a system that is hooked up to live, than you are just asking for the problem.

Actually people had been doing so for years now w/o issue, and I know a few people who still are. Samsung drives have an iXtreme 1.61 firmware update and when used with the latest version of abgx360 keeps you still undetectable.

Undetectable as in, not asking for a problem.

Your save game files will work locally, but if you ever move them to another box they will be corrupted

Other than that it works fine.

You really won't be able to use media center extender? Damn, THAT sucks. If it works, could be a cheap way to get an extender for the bedroom.....

What I am looking forward to is a surplus of banned xbox 360s for sale so I can get one really cheap! :)

What I am looking forward to is a surplus of banned xbox 360s for sale so I can get one really cheap! :)

They are already hitting ebay big time, but keep in mind you can't go on Live with one

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=16812

I have no sympathy for the jackass who thought they could get away with modding/stealing content on their Xbox and get away with it. Piss off hackers and thieves, we don't want you on our gaming community. QQ more

They are already hitting ebay big time, but keep in mind you can't go on Live with one

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=16812

I have no sympathy for the jackass who thought they could get away with modding/stealing content on their Xbox and get away with it. Piss off hackers and thieves, we don't want you on our gaming community. QQ more

I'm more looking for the media center portion of it as my old Xbox is beginning to show its age not being able to play HD movies well. Plus PlayOn will look a tad better in 1080p during action shots.

I'm more looking for the media center portion of it as my old Xbox is beginning to show its age not being able to play HD movies well. Plus PlayOn will look a tad better in 1080p during action shots.

Media center will not work on banned consoles as stated earlier

091109_Brisbane_en-gb_header.jpg

New ban hammer wave coming on with this update?

I got banned, but I don't really care all that much.

First of all, I knew even before I hacked the console that it was a possible. If I was really that worried about it I wouldn't have even bought the 360, let alone mod it.

Second, I paid about $150 about a year and a half ago for the used 360 at gamestop. As soon as I got it home and made sure it worked, I opened it up and modded that sucker. Between then, and when I got banned last week, I've played/finished with about 7-8 games, all were going for $60 a pop when I acquired them. Thats around $300 in savings. That's why people hack their xbox even knowing they will be banned sooner or later.

Now that I'm banned, the only thing I really miss is the ability to install games to the HDD (a modded 120 GB drive I made myself), and to a lesser extent some of the XBLA content. I couldn't care less about playing multilayer games.

If I do decide to go out and spend $200 on a brand new 360 arcade (with an HDMI port) I'd hack that one too, as soon as the new firmware is released.

I got banned, but I don't really care all that much.

First of all, I knew even before I hacked the console that it was a possible. If I was really that worried about it I wouldn't have even bought the 360, let alone mod it.

Second, I paid about $150 about a year and a half ago for the used 360 at gamestop. As soon as I got it home and made sure it worked, I opened it up and modded that sucker. Between then, and when I got banned last week, I've played/finished with about 7-8 games, all were going for $60 a pop when I acquired them. Thats around $300 in savings. That's why people hack their xbox even knowing they will be banned sooner or later.

Now that I'm banned, the only thing I really miss is the ability to install games to the HDD (a modded 120 GB drive I made myself), and to a lesser extent some of the XBLA content. I couldn't care less about playing multilayer games.

If I do decide to go out and spend $200 on a brand new 360 arcade (with an HDMI port) I'd hack that one too, as soon as the new firmware is released.

someone should turn your sorry pathetic excuse for a life over to the local pd.......

It's not about how much live costs, it's that you have to pay for it at all when Steam and PSN are free

Back