Watch Dogs

^ What he said.

The best is when TheWorse was begging for donations in the OP.. Mods edited it like 3 times threatening to close the thread if he put PayPal links in it again. And people were actually sending him money.

As I said on Reddit.. Yes, he got lucky and turned on some stuff in cfg files but without a shadow of a doubt he has no actual clue what he is doing and grasping at straws now to stay in the limelight.

The bloom is giving me headaches. How are people playing this.

edit: It seems to be fixed in the new screenshots though.

Another http://i3.minus.com/ibtxSG3l3GQ78X.png

Ugh.. That's not realistic. It's not even foggy out so what particles are the beams reflecting off of? lol.. That looks so stupid

I told him early on in that thread to stop changing things for the sake of changing things..

I love Kadz is now doing private beta tests of config file edits and vetting people through Facebook. lol. PC gaming past is turning over in its grave right now. These guys think they're real life developers or something

Thing is... With SweetFX you can make it look much better too without all the glitchy crap.

This is with just medium textures, and a default Vanilla game before and after with a simple SweetFX preset.

Again. I'm not even cheating by using Ultra or High textures which no one can even run smoothly in the first place.. Brightness in game is at 100 in all

how do you get the game looking that good?...any detailed step-by-step instructions online anywhere on which SweetFX presets to use?

how do you get the game looking that good?...any detailed step-by-step instructions online anywhere on which SweetFX presets to use?

Medium Textures
Ultra Graphics Quality
MSAA 2X
Sweet FX GTA IV Enhanced preset

It's literally zero effort

A mod that makes it rain permanently isn't realistic but I would still use the shit out of it. :3

That's why a game based in Seattle has to the potential to be a graphical wonder. :)

I've never used SweetFX before so I'm going to try it with your settings and these instructions I found online...

http://steamcommunity.com/app/243470/discussions/0/540743757578472810/

I played the first half of the game with SweetFX. Second half with Theworsemod (TWM). I enjoyed the TWM better. But SweetFX is far superior to the blandness of the unmodified version. I couldn't stand that and played like 10 minutes of stock, until I had to quit and find SFX.

Medium Textures
Ultra Graphics Quality
MSAA 2X

OK so I've downloaded SweetFX x64 and the GTA IV Enhanced Preset...so now I just place it in the SweetFX/Presets folder...and then in the SweetFx_Preset text file I type in:

#include "SweetFX/Presets/SweetFX_Settings_GTA IV_GTA IV Enhanced.txt"

is that right?...do I leave the quotations?...and leave the #include part?

OK so I've downloaded SweetFX x64 and the GTA IV Enhanced Preset...so now I just place it in the SweetFX/Presets folder...and then in the SweetFx_Preset text file I type in:

#include "SweetFX/Presets/SweetFX_Settings_GTA IV_GTA IV Enhanced.txt"

is that right?...do I leave the quotations?...and leave the #include part?

TBH I forget.. I'm on Windows 8.1 so I have to use RaedonPro to make SweetFX work right.. I haven't done it the manual way in ages.

So Kadz is claiming this now for his mod... It's like buzzword bingo

The raining is great
The textures looks better
The articles are enhanced
Great shadows
Great reflections(cars ones are awesome)

And the mod does changes:

Improved Cloth Physics ( aiden, NPC ) , reflection, texturing and wet system.
Improved Player Camera, this will be released as different mods as well.
Improved Decal System.
Added DOT mesh.
Improved paint for cars.
Added SubSurface Scattering.
Improved Decals.
Added Rain Drop Ripples, Relief Depth.
Rim Lighting.
Improved Trees and vegetation texturing, reflection.
Improved WET SYSTEM, now with added technology from the engine.
E3 Lighting for Daytime, Dawn, Sunset, Night, Rain, Post Rain.
New Parallax, that looks outstanding now.
Fog, New Skies.
Bloom for every time of the day, even bloom at daylight. Different sets.
New and much improved wind and weather effects.
New Clouds system.
Added Dust System.
New Specular system, new dynamic texturing sampling system, including WarpAniso changes, texturing changes etc.
New Building Reflections, will change the static to dynamic clouds reflection and in the future real dynamic reflection.
Better explosions/smoke/particles
Better dynamic shadows.
And more.

Medium Textures
Ultra Graphics Quality
MSAA 2X

just tried it and it works great...SweetFX makes a huge difference in image quality...the vanilla version is overly bright and washed out while SweetFX makes everything look so much better

the stuttering issues need to be patched...makes the game very annoying to play

just tried it and it works great...SweetFX makes a huge difference in image quality...the vanilla version is overly bright and washed out while SweetFX makes everything look so much better

the stuttering issues need to be patched...makes the game very annoying to play

Good to here man! You're now a modder too! :D

Again. I'm not even cheating by using Ultra or High textures which no one can even run smoothly in the first place.. Brightness in game is at 100 in all

I wouldn't go that far. I can run the game perfectly fine with ultra on everything at 1080p and with the TWM enhancements. Yes, the game is buggy for a lot of people, but not for everyone.

Has anyone mentioned that this is a terrible game that should have never been made?

I wouldn't go that far. I can run the game perfectly fine with ultra on everything at 1080p and with the TWM enhancements. Yes, the game is buggy for a lot of people, but not for everyone.

Yup. Beat this game with no issues what so ever on ultra textures, with other settings toned down a bit.

just started the game last night...I must be crazy but I actually find the game fun...not the greatest of all time but entertaining...and the graphics look fantastic to me (with SweetFX)...what are people complaining about?...it doesn't look like E3 but it looks damn good

the game has its issues...stuttering is terrible at times (especially when driving)...driving control sucks...the only good vehicle is the motorcycle...but when walking around on foot the game is a blast...the city of Chicago feels so alive...the game suffers from the Assassin's Creed side mission syndrome but overall in the early goings the game is a lot of fun

is it me or is evading the police supposed to be this difficult?...I'm in Act 1- Mission 3 and doing some of those side missions is brutal because the cops never get off me...plus the game has little to no tutorial making things overly complicated and confusing...didn't realize the game had this big of a learning curve

Last edited:
Had the same problem...until I unlock some new skills you don't get until after act 1.

I don't usually have issues with cops since I always outrun or outthink them. If they keep pace, I just smash them. :)

Easiest way to evade cops is to just make it to the water and boat out to sea. Stupid, but works.

The cops are absurdly hard to evade otherwise.

Underground garages are great also. Cops will stay outside of it if locked until they lose interest in you.

On another subject, the game seems to run better now.

Had the same problem...until I unlock some new skills you don't get until after act 1.

I'll just stick to the main campaign missions until Act 2 then

Easiest way to evade cops is to just make it to the water and boat out to sea. Stupid, but works.

The cops are absurdly hard to evade otherwise.

but some of the side missions require you to steal a car and get to a certain location...if you exit the car you fail the mission...so you can't jump into water for those

so Act I is the tutorial?...no wonder some of these side missions have been so difficult...the police are so aggressive and even if you evade them for a little while they scan and find you almost instantly...and the AI is ridiculous in the way they are able to predict exactly where you're going to turn etc...add to that the driving controls which suck and it makes for a very frustrating experience...was about ready to switch to 'Easy' difficulty

so Act I is the tutorial?...no wonder some of these side missions have been so difficult...the police are so aggressive and even if you evade them for a little while they scan and find you almost instantly...and the AI is ridiculous in the way they are able to predict exactly where you're going to turn etc...add to that the driving controls which suck and it makes for a very frustrating experience...was about ready to switch to 'Easy' difficulty

Its really not that bad if you use a controller TBH..... The only thing that sucks about the driving is the shitty fucking physics.

Its really not that bad if you use a controller TBH..... The only thing that sucks about the driving is the shitty fucking physics.

I might try it with my Xbox Controller...with kb/m it's weird because you have to drive and evade the cops while also keeping your finger on the 'hack' button (which I mapped to my left side mouse button)...steering and hacking can get tricky during high speed chases...I only recently found out about the 'Focus' function which slows down time...I think that will be very useful (if not mandatory)...switching the camera angle to the back and hacking once you've past a barrier is also tricky

I was watching some GTA 5 footage and the car physics gave me an orgasm.
Too much Watch Dogs has ruined my perception of driving mechanics. I need to play GTA 4 again, at least.

Underground garages are great also. Cops will stay outside of it if locked until they lose interest in you.

That hasn't been my experience. Even if I hack the door to get in and then hack it to block them out, eventually they will open it up and get in.

the more I play the more I don't get the hate on the graphics...the gameworld as a whole looks stunning...the lighting in particular...beautifully rendered city of Chicago...low res textures are there but overall this an amazing looking open world game...

the more I play the more I don't get the hate on the graphics...the gameworld as a whole looks stunning...the lighting in particular...beautifully rendered city of Chicago...low res textures are there but overall this an amazing looking open world game...

Yep. The graphics are by no means "E3" but they aren't bad.. Especially with SweetFX to balance it out.

The people drooling over TheWorse and Kadz mods make me laugh. They look absolutely ridiculous and people are practically willing to sell their children to get their hands on the "mods". Buncha 12 year olds.. OMGZ IT'S DIFFERENT.. And if you dare call them out on how ridiculous their "mods" look out come the white knight clan. I don't know when tons of blur and de-saturation of colors became "really awesome looking"

Back