Watch Dogs

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by defiant007, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones [H]ard|Gawd

Since we have similar rigs, I went ahead and used your settings, I gained a good 10+ FPS with high speed driving (45-52ish with dips to the high 30's), and it seems smoother, but its not as nice to look at, its borderline Mafia II bad now lol.

2. EvilViking

EvilViking I Drank All Your Beer

My 780 ti is struggling on my 120hz monitor. Set to ultra, HBAO+ high, SMAA but shadows turned down, water turned down. Vsync off I'm getting around 80ish (typical) to 120 fps. Temps around 74° hover around 90% gpu usage. Does that sound right?

3. Odellus

Odellus [H]ard|Gawd

4. styckx

styckx Gawd

Struggling.. At 80-120fps :rolleyes:

5. hajalie24

hajalie24 [H]ard|Gawd

Yeah, I wish I could get half that with my 2 290s.

6. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones [H]ard|Gawd

Really the only thing annoying me now: how I had to turn stuff down after seeing dips at high speed while driving, and the driving mechanics; they're just bad, like holy crap drum brakes or some shit bad?!?!

7. Dallows

Dallows [H]ardness Supreme

Balls. I read your post as FOUR wheel drive. My bad.

8. styckx

styckx Gawd

No worries. :)

9. schizrade

schizrade [H]ardness Supreme

So I went a popped for this, since I like these types of games... but holy crap the install time batman.

10. schizrade

Dat Realism

11. TaintedSquirrel

TaintedSquirrel [H]ardForum Junkie

Is it me or does this game only have like 10 cars in it?
    My biggest complaint.

Also, check out Ubisoft's exclusive Wet Coat™ technology.
    http://i.imgur.com/U2JmuGE.png

12. KENNYB

KENNYB 2[H]4U

I haven't played this for very long, but I keep wanting to return to Sleeping Dogs or GTA IV. Does it get better?

13. NotJay

NotJay 2[H]4U

14. hajalie24

hajalie24 [H]ard|Gawd

Well I managed to somewhat stop the slows by turning Shadows to medium and textures to high. Runs at 35-45 fps at 1440p now, which I still think is ridiculous. The biggest issue for me though is the pop in, reminds of GTA IV.

15. cageymaru

cageymaru [H]ard as it Gets

16. Blade-Runner

Blade-Runner 2[H]4U

Verified as legit? Honestly wouldn't surprise me if true.

17. dravisar

dravisar Limp Gawd

Done that....twice.

18. TaintedSquirrel

The more I play this game the more I wish I had optimized my budget to include a 4770k and a GTX 780.

19. cageymaru

780 chokes on it.

20. schizrade

Besides the halo thing, it actually runs better on my xfire 280x's than my 780.... which tells me plenty since my 780 destroys my 280x's in everything else imaginable.

21. Banyan

Banyan [H]ard|Gawd

this thread is fast reminding me of what it feels like to feel that pc gaming is becoming more trouble than it's worth.

22. schizrade

With 10.8 years on this board you should know that this is half of the fun. It has always been like this. Crysis beat the shit out of things as did GTAIV. Once drivers caught up, and a few patches came out it got much better. I remember Doom3 and unpacking textures to get it to run even on high end cards at the time.

23. Aaron_ATX

Aaron_ATX [H]ard|Gawd

oh boy! I can't wait to join the ranks of the people with a cardboard box containing 10,000$ worth of back in the day retail price video cards who are angry at the lack of a new pc games ability to melt the silicone on the 30+amp pci-e wonder card we ALL just paid to much for.

Woooo!

wheres my damn 128 trident?

24. hajalie24

hajalie24 [H]ard|Gawd

It's not fun at all when the game doesn't look well enough to justify the performance issues.

The game doesn't really look great, at least to me. I don't care usually, but when my performance sucks this much there's no reason for me to struggle with $800 worth of GPUs.

Now, If I'm lucky I have to wait months for a game I paid for to actually run smooth, assuming they even do something about this.

25. schizrade

Looks.pretty slick to me on ultra.

26. Blade-Runner

Blade-Runner 2[H]4U

Some more interesting stuff from that apparent former Ubi dev:

http://boards.deniableplausibility.net/v/thread/245104629/#245113951

4Chan so take with a grain of salt I guess unless otherwise confirmed.

27. schizrade

Considering how much he "learnt", just sounds like a kid with delusions.

28. TaintedSquirrel

This is silly, if you want 900p30 like the PS4, load this game up on any PC, enable the VSync 2 option and set your resolution to 1600x900.

What people are struggling with here is above and beyond the consoles, it's not like we're trying to match them.

29. polonyc2

polonyc2 [H]ard as it Gets

can only imagine the pain of those that actually paid for the Season Pass or for those extra unlock missions...

30. piscian18

piscian18 [H]ardForum Junkie

I watched the total biscuit video

and a friend of mine is about 5 hours in.

They both seem to be enjoying it. I can't comment on TB but my friend is a gameplay oriented player. He's more of a sports game GTA person you would not see him playing anything like Bioshock.

I'm kind of the opposite sandbox games tend to bore me due to the lack of any kind of sidequest pay off or story worth following the lone exception being Prototype which was a blast.

Regardless if it's legit the comments by the A-Dev eco what I've seen. The game looks weirdly bland and kind of dated. Like detail is there but it looks last gen and very blandly colored. The gameplay looks like an annoyingly busy GTA clone. The story and acting is very meh. Yeah I wanted a cyberpunk political thriller.

I'll put my hands on it tomorrow but it looks like my stance on avoiding Ubisoft will remain intact. It's sad because I did want to get excited about this.

Note: My friend is using a 2500k and a GTX760. He's had no graphical problems whatsoever though I dont know his settings.

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  31. TaintedSquirrel

For a stealth game there sure aren't many silenced guns... Only ONE from what I can see, and it's the gun you start with.
    edit: Turns out there are more from unlockable rewards.

I'm several hours into it and I have yet to fire a bullet from anything other than the silenced pistol.

The cops are just too relentless, any unsilenced weapon will summon them (gang hideouts) and after that happens you're fucked.
    Playing on Realistic.

I forgot to mention, the AI is ridiculously stupid, with headshots + silenced pistol you can just take a cakewalk through every enemy base and just move between cover, ripping headshots with Focus mode and they never get alarmed. They never find you.
    Headshots reward the same amount of XP as takedowns. So not only is a silenced weapon the easiest choice, it also rewards you the most.

Imagine Splinter Cell for toddlers. That's watch dogs.

Do they not playtest these games? Or does Ubisoft just not give a fuck anymore?

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  32. Dion

Dion 2[H]4U

I found the AI to be quit good. They aren't overpowered.. But they aren't stupid. And they seem fair. They flank you.. Call in backup. Ai is really well done imo. Blacklist also had really good Ai too.

33. cageymaru

34. Plague_Injected

Plague_Injected [H]ardness Supreme

Are people fine with how even on Ultra the game doesn't look as good as those early gameplay trailers?

Also, I would not be surprised if material was cut from the game. Ubi has been very vocal about wanting every IP it creates to be a long-running franchise, so I would expect some features would be held back for a sequel.

35. Johnked6

Johnked6 [H]ard|Gawd

I'm usually not a huge fan of GTA style games but I've been having fun with Watch Dogs. Some things I think they should improve on,

The music in the game is terrible, no radio stations. He has a playlist filled with songs I would never listen to. There is no mouse cursor for the music player so trying to manage it is too much of a hassle.

Money is useless in this game. The outfits you buy are all essentially recolors of the same skin. Terrible. I have no reason to save up money, is it so hard for games to put compelling money sinks into their games? Give me a fun reason to collect money.

I can't upgrade or customize the cars like in Saints Row. This makes unlocking cars feel useless, I have no real reason to pay attention to which car I'm driving.

No melee system aside from a take down button that you can't even use on civilians. It would be a lot of fun to beat down someone in the alley just for the fun of it.

I want to be able to upgrade and customize my weapons.

The crafting system seems a bit simplistic. It's serviceable but there are not many type of components to collect.

36. Pringle

Pringle 2[H]4U

Pretty much anyone who has followed Watch Dogs through its development could say everything mentioned here. Sounds more like a butthurt fan.

That said, Watch Dogs was a huge wasted opportunity

37. CrimsonKnight13

CrimsonKnight13 Lord Stabington of [H]ard|Fortress

The game we were all hoping for is not the game we have. :( I still find aspects of it enjoyable, but most of the side missions don't have much incentive to pursue. The collectibles, much like what's in inFamous, have captured my attention. I can't say much about the main story missions, so I'm hoping to gain some satisfaction.

38. shifty68

shifty68 2[H]4U

Any one know if there is a memory leak in watchdogs. if i play for a few hours it gets progressively more laggy. but if i close WD and open it again it goes away for a few hours.

also that dof issue i was having was a bug since i can't get it happen again.

39. vikingod

vikingod [H]Lite

I have a similar issue with the keyboard getting stuck in a direction. A quick tap of the key seems to fix it. I think it is a bug. I've never had any issues with the keyboard getting stuck and windows isn't throwing up any red flags.

40. Blade-Runner

Blade-Runner 2[H]4U

Maybe, maybe not...seems like a lot of trouble to go to just to troll video game nerds, but I guess that's just the lazy person in me.