Watch Dogs

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by defiant007, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

Didn't work at all yesterday. If it happens again to me today I'll try it again with no expectations.

http://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-record-breaking-sales-day-one/

^^ This probably would explain to a certain degree some of the issues perhaps. A demand and spike on servers.

Any game like this is going to be called a GTA clone. There's plenty of "non GTA" gameplay elements in this not the least of which is real stealth that actually works.

2. TaintedSquirrel

TaintedSquirrel [H]ardForum Junkie

You guys have much better attention to detail than I do.
    I never would have noticed the windows. Or maybe I just stopped looking at them over the years since every game does something stupid with window reflections.

Mirrors are a different story.

No? It's a GTA copy-cat and since Ubisoft isn't as experienced as Rockstar, it's inferior in a lot of ways.

3. dravisar

dravisar Limp Gawd

Back into xfire on the exact same settings...double the performance (60 FPS) and WHAM, driver display error 20 seconds in. FML.

4. piscian18

piscian18 [H]ardForum Junkie

I guess what I mean is the story and acting just looks like it's pretty lowbrow. I was hoping for something more like Ghost in the shell level technocracy writing wise.

5. SilverSliver

SilverSliver Beat It To Deformation

Should have just made it a modern AC tie in. Least then it would have been a story worth caring about a little bit. CToS developers were Templars and Deadsec are the Assasins and make it a hacking/stealth/free roam hybrid of AC and GTA.

6. Wildace

Wildace [H]ardness Supreme

i am glad it is not an AC tie in because i never gave a crap about AC in the first place, i have the latest one and couldnt stand playing more tha 40 minutes before i had to shut it down.

7. Stiler

Stiler [H]ardForum Junkie

There is no "Sensitivity ="

The closest one is called "Game profile sensitivity =" or "mouse sensitivity x =/y="

8. RangerXML

RangerXML [H]ardness Supreme

I found the sensitivity, its set by default to 0.9. Use find to find it.

9. Armenius

Armenius I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital

If anyone is having graphical glitches with weird light rings or ghost images getting stuck on screen, it's the Temporal SMAA. Using another AA mode gets rid of the issue.

10. TheResidentEvil

TheResidentEvil [H]ard|Gawd

Game runs fine for me. Vsync doesnt work so well so if you turn that off and then set it to borderless windowed mode you get no tearing. I am running a 7950. The spider tank game is great

11. Stiler

Stiler [H]ardForum Junkie

Is there any way to set the "stroll" (IE walk) to just be a toggle instead of having to hold the damn button? Who thought that was a good idea? Walking takes a lot longer and you don't need to hold it, seems like a waste teo require you to hold the button down.

12. styckx

styckx Gawd

Front wheel drive diesel pickups.. Seems about right.

[​IMG]

13. TaintedSquirrel

I think there's a walk toggle in the options.
    There's also a sprint toggle.

14. Teitoku

Teitoku Limp Gawd

Yeah, borderless window REALLY improved things for me. It runs about twice as well @1680x1050 borderless than it does @1440x900 standard fullscreen.

Vsync's off too; I use triple buffering instead.

15. chockomonkey

chockomonkey [H]ardForum Junkie

I thought tripple buffering was a setting that is somehow tied into vsync. Could be wrong.. i'm often wrong =D

16. TaintedSquirrel

17. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

Why does that make any difference one way or the other?

18. schizrade

schizrade [H]ardness Supreme

Well it IS Chicago... :D

19. schizrade

schizrade [H]ardness Supreme

So xfire is a no go?

20. cageymaru

cageymaru [H]ard as it Gets

I think that AMD fixes CrossfireX for the R9 series in a game first, then figures out the rest of the cards at a later date.

21. MavericK

MavericK Zero Cool

It is. Triple buffering without VSync does nothing.

22. Dion

Dion 2[H]4U

23. wonderfield

wonderfield [H]ardness Supreme

Vertical sync is enabled on the desktop by default, and I believe that propagates to windowed apps as well. I could be mistaken, though.

24. polonyc2

polonyc2 PM an Admin to Pick Your Title

I was thinking about buying a GTX 780 for this game but changed my mind...seems like even 3GB cards are having issues on 'Ultra'...plus buying a new card for 1 game doesn't seem worth it...nothing else is coming out anytime soon which will push graphics...Witcher 3 and The Division might but they are only coming out in 2015 and by that time Maxwell cards will be out and a more worthy upgrade

25. Johnked6

Johnked6 [H]ard|Gawd

I've played about 5 hrs so far. Took me an hour before I really got into it. Graphics are pretty nice for this type of game, I'm averaging around 40-60 fps outside at 1920x1080 ultra textures, 2x TxAA, motion blur and DOF off. I'm using around 3.2gb Vram on my 670 4gb.

No hitching or stuttering for me. It's an enjoyable game, I agree with all the 8/10 review scores out there. It's solid but does not transcend the genre.

26. polonyc2

27. Dallows

Dallows [H]ardness Supreme

The truck is front wheel drive. The smoke flows to the back of the vehicle. The rear tires do not move/spin when you do that.

28. wonderfield

wonderfield [H]ardness Supreme

It seems weird to gripe about trucks not being rear-wheel drive when it takes 38 seconds to decelerate from 35mph to 0 in any of the game's small, high-performance cars.

29. cageymaru

Maybe this is a Windows setting, but when I play the Spider Tank missions, the Spider keeps moving to the right by itself. Windows hasn't said anything about Sticky Keys being on. Anyone else having this problem and what did you do to fix it?

Not having this problem playing the main game, although there is so much stuttering that it could be happening and I'd never know about it. :)

30. Anime_Fan

Anime_Fan [H]ard|Gawd

Yep that was it! Turned off DoF and my blurry issue went away. I also upgraded to the new Beta drivers and went to SMAA based on the preview testing I read about earlier from Kyle and the HardOCP crew. I am now getting around that 50-60 FPS mark give or take a few FPS on Ultra. I left Ambient on MHBAO and turned off DoF only. Runs and looks great now!!

[​IMG]

31. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones [H]ard|Gawd

I'm seeing 3.5GB+ on Ultra at 1440p lol.

Its funny, if nvidia wants to force people into buying their cards, the least they could do would be to add some RAM while they're at it. :eek:

32. styckx

styckx Gawd

I was being sarcastic. That truck, or any truck should not be front wheel drive..

33. polonyc2

I'm at 1920 x 1200 and 3GB will still probably push things to the limit...waiting for Maxwell cards with 6GB or 8GB VRAM sounds like the best option...with the next-gen consoles having a lot more memory I'm sure we'll be seeing more games push the VRAM limit

34. guitarguy6

guitarguy6 [H]ard|Gawd

Finally had time to play but I get no audio in game. I get audio in the menu but as soon as the opening cut scene kicks in I have no audio. I'm using an Auzentech Bravura hooked up to a Yamaha 7.1 receiver via optical cable. Any ideas?

35. lilbabycat

lilbabycat 2[H]4U

i had to drop my sound down to 4.1, was only getting some of the sound effects, I'm using cheapo onboard realtek though

36. m33pm33p

m33pm33p [H]ard|DCer of the Month - August 2013

Well I meant the reason for the PRE ODER of the PS4 instead of just waiting a bit for the other games and then buying one. Im definitely a PS "fanboi" but most of the games coming out are still looking and running quite well on my PS3.

37. RangerXML

RangerXML [H]ardness Supreme

I'm having fun on the PC version, fills a bit of that void of not having GTAV and I'm having a blast doing the missions without even entering a building. I took out an entire security force just "hacking" them through cameras and then walked in and cleared out the last 3 with a silenced pistol to the head, something that you can't do in GTA.

38. dravisar

dravisar Limp Gawd

That is exactly what I am thinking. They fixed xfire for the R9 series...and ignored 6 series and older. It works, and works well, until it doesn't. A driver error is purely on AMDs end, especially when it is fine in single card mode...albeit damn slow. 25-30 FPS vs 55-60...

39. styckx

styckx Gawd

lol. My saved game got corrupted AGAIN..

Stuck at loading, 100% CPU load.. Thank god I'm saving backups.. I'm putting Uplay offline permanently. Everything I've read is it has to do with online crap..

http://i.imgur.com/maSWpyD.png

40. cageymaru

Maybe you need to clean the old drivers and reinstall the new ones.