Warhammer Online Thread!

I joined the EU goons on Karag Orrud as Order, we've already done some T2 keep swatting.

I think I am going to give this one more try. I had access to open beta but due to real life and my lack of interest I did not give the game a fair chance. The PvP aspect is what really has my interest. I never got into WoW's end game content simply due to the fact I was not will to raid 3-4 days a week for 4-6 hours a night. Life could just not support it plus the fact its not fair to force players to do this just to get the best gear. I am going to pick up a copy of the SE tonight if I can.

Sometimes i think I'm the only person in the gaming world that hates MMORPG. I mean multiplayer is all well and good but jesus you have to pay $50 for a game and then $20 a month to play it!? But i do agree that the trailer for this game looks fantastic.

I used to think the same thing. However I was buying a new game every 2 to 4 months. When I started playing MMOs, I stopped buying new games so often. Maybe one extra a year. When you look at it, the cost evens out:
1rst year MMO = $50+(12*15)= $230
Second year MMO $180
3 Games a year = $150
6 Games a year = $300

Of course this assumes all games are bought before price reductions. But really it is pretty much a wash as far as cost goes.

Waiting a another week but was pretty impressed with the beta. Looking to see where most [H] people end up.

Well if anyone wants to start up a [H]ardGuild I am on the Averheim server as a Rune Priest under the name of "GoodEnough"

I am on the same server. My runepriest is Fandibus and my warrior priest is mordenheim. Already have a guild though.

Are most people hoping on open RvR? I played WoW on a PvE and not a PVP and regretted it. I think with this game focused on PvP, open PvP is the way to go. Anyone care to comment on this?

Are most people hoping on open RvR? I played WoW on a PvE and not a PVP and regretted it. I think with this game focused on PvP, open PvP is the way to go. Anyone care to comment on this?

I have had no problem finding action in open RvR. There are quests around it. Renown to be earned and good xp. I mix it up between open rvr, scenerios and questing.

Good. I think open RvR fits this type of game very well. I have to wait till 9:01 PST to create a account, then I know there is going to be a large patch. I hope I at least get to start playing tonight.

I have retail - will I be able to start playing it midnight EST tonight ? The store had no problem selling me the game today after I left work (4pm)

Good. I think open RvR fits this type of game very well. I have to wait till 9:01 PST to create a account, then I know there is going to be a large patch. I hope I at least get to start playing tonight.

Coming from the open beta client I found the patch to be quite small. On broadband I don't think it will take more than a minute.

There servers must be getting hit hard. Everyone trying to activate. :p

I can't activate my retail box. Grrr....

My advice to the new players, do it all. Don't just do quests or just scenerioes. Mix it all up and it alittle bit of everything. If you get bored of one thing you can move to another.

I don't think there is rep in this game. In wow it made me feel like I had to do all the quests here or there so I got the rep with whoever. Not like that in War. I do whatever I feel like doing and I don't feel like there is a consequence of not doing something I really don't want to do(like grinding rep).

Alot of your scenerio quests are repeatable. I have been grabbing two of those and running scenerios over and over, having a blast doing it, gaining levels and renown and buying gear from a renown vendor. Then I go do some public quests for awhile(influence points to buy stuff from those and loot at the end) It's all fun.
Even good drops from world RvR. Stuff will drop from players(not stuff you own, you won't lose anything). I got a green hammer for my warrior priest that way. Better than anything I can currently get at a renown vendor.

I've been getting some stuttering while playing, installed the guild fix mod and it helped a bit but not completely...

When I check ram usage with only warhammer running it says:

Total - 2095596
Available - 450000 (bounces up and down)

So I have like half a gig free with warhammer running... think adding another gig would work?

Other specs of the system:

E6600 2.4 ghz
2x 8800 GTX vid cards

Is the ram the thing causing the chop or is it the processor?

I get a bit of stuttering too. It's playable, but just annoying. Specs in my sig. I play at 1920x1200, everything maxed both in game and in my graphics card settings. I put a little bit of an overclock on my video card and it made a difference so it looks like the video card is the culprit here.
I have 6gb of ram and the game is using 1.3gb. It's not even maxing out my CPU.

Rig in Sig I am playing 1680x1050 everything maxed with 16AF and 4AA forced in the control panel. While its smooth, there is stuttering and I am not sure what its from.

Quad core and 4gb of mem here with 8800gtx full details at 1920x1200 no stuttering at all......i think it's pretty mem and cpu intensive and not so much videocard dependent.

If you are in a guild, people logging in and out will cause stutter. There is a new patch to fix this, though. Also, I run the game fairly smooth at 1680x1050, 16AF 4AA, but when getting into some heavy keep action, I really start to lag with more than 60 people on the screen. To be expected though I suppose.

Setup in sig, running at 1280x1024 or 1400x900, how do you think it would run?

Thats the same setup as me aside from your CPU. I have been playing in 1280x1024 High Quality settings with 16x AF and 8x AA without a problem. I've definitely had over well 50 characters on the screen moving around fine, if it starts to chokes later in the game I will lower the AF and AA a bit as needed.

If you are in a guild, people logging in and out will cause stutter. There is a new patch to fix this, though. Also, I run the game fairly smooth at 1680x1050, 16AF 4AA, but when getting into some heavy keep action, I really start to lag with more than 60 people on the screen. To be expected though I suppose.

There is also a mod on curse gaming to fix the guild problem. Supposedly each time a person logs on/off it rebuilds the guild roster or something like that... causes a little hitch.

I installed the mod and it does help, but I still get hitching now and then.

I can play COD4 at max settings and 1680x1050 or whatever resolution with no slow down ever, or play at 2560x1600 with 30fps the whole time. Plays wow at max settings 2560x1600 and never slows down even during 25 mans with tons of stuff going on. This game is the only one that makes me chug.

I'm really thinking its a game issue and not my hardware lacking. I might buy more ram anyways, but I doubt it would fix it.

Anyways, you guys should check out curse gaming, mods are coming out pretty quick for this game. I got one mod for autoloot where you just right click to loot all instead of shift right click. There are a few more mods, but I haven't had a chance to try em out.

For those who have ordered through Direct2Drive, have you received your retail key yet? It's Thursday already and I have only received the Beta Key and Head Start Key... Is there something I need to do to get a retail key?

yes i ordered D2D and got my retail key. Had to click on "download" again for them to send it. After that, it took like 5 minutes and i had my email with the new key.

I forced 2xAA and 16xAF last night, running in 2560x1600 with max settings and absolutely no stuttering anywhere, Im at troll country atm and it looks pretty damn good, better than WoW thats for sure. So far all my scenarios and open world RvR have run smoothly.

Rig in sig

For those who have ordered through Direct2Drive, have you received your retail key yet? It's Thursday already and I have only received the Beta Key and Head Start Key... Is there something I need to do to get a retail key?

D2D didn't send me my key or a place to download the full client until well after the head start had begun. I also had to talk to CSR for a bit to get my pre-order bonus items since they wouldn't show up in my mailbox.

I picked it up this morning. It's much better looking then the videos do it justice. I have been playing at 1980x1200 and very high settings in windowed mode on an 8800GT with no problems at all. So far got my shaman to lvl 5 and am really enjoying the game although in RVR sometimes I feel like I get steamrolled.

Rig in Sig I am playing 1680x1050 everything maxed with 16AF and 4AA forced in the control panel. While its smooth, there is stuttering and I am not sure what its from.

Here is a link to a thread on the support forums @ warhammeralliance where a Mythic Dev posted a reply. The forums are in uproar over this stutter issue and the devs are apparently not working on this issue at the moment.

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1572094#post1572094

I have the same issue and opted not to buy WAR on release day. I want to see the game a little more polished before I start forking out money. I love the game and what it brings to the table, but it definitely needs some kinks ironed out.

-logga

I want to see the game a little more polished before I start forking out money. I love the game and what it brings to the table, but it definitely needs some kinks ironed out.

-logga

The game is really polished already, what else are you looking for? :p Though I will say I want the fonts cleaned up. They give you like 14 font options and they are all terrible.

Anyway did you play the Open Beta? Its really worth checking out, and the game in no way feels unpolished right now. Fairly amazing for working this well at launch, the game really hit the ground running. I have three friends running the game since Open Beta started with vastly different systems and its been working good for all of them. For the stuttering, I would love to see it myself, its really, really hard to get a feel for something like that with an internet explanation.

The game is really polished already, what else are you looking for? :p Though I will say I want the fonts cleaned up. They give you like 14 font options and they are all terrible.

Anyway did you play the Open Beta? Its really worth checking out, and the game in no way feels unpolished right now. Fairly amazing for working this well at launch, the game really hit the ground running. I have three friends running the game since Open Beta started with vastly different systems and its been working good for all of them. For the stuttering, I would love to see it myself, its really, really hard to get a feel for something like that with an internet explanation.

You know, I would feel as if the game was fairly polished as well if I wasn't experiencing these stutters. It's even worse everytime I try a scenario or any type of RvR. There is such a constant hitching and stuttering going on that it just makes the game overall feel sloppy and just unpolished. Im running an 8800GTS, Core 2 Duo, 2gb RAM, Vista 32. I've tried makeing changes on the in game settings to no avail and turned off my forced AF and AA in my driver. No difference whatsoever.

You know, I would feel as if the game was fairly polished as well if I wasn't experiencing these stutters. It's even worse everytime I try a scenario or any type of RvR. There is such a constant hitching and stuttering going on that it just makes the game overall feel sloppy and just unpolished. Im running an 8800GTS, Core 2 Duo, 2gb RAM, Vista 32. I've tried makeing changes on the in game settings to no avail and turned off my forced AF and AA in my driver. No difference whatsoever.

There was a guild UI issue that was patched yesterday that may have been the problem you were seeing. I know I was getting the stutter issue due to the guild bug and the last patch fixed that finally for me.

2gigs of ram and vista are your problem (you should 1 gig more).... What sound card do you have onboard or creative? Because vista has many problems with resources and sound cards especially from creative.

I've run the game using an 8800 GT and an 8800 GTS 512 and haven't experienced much stuttering. There's the odd bit entering quest hubs but that's it. Both systems were Q6600's with 4GB ram on Vista 64. I'll be trying it on an E8400 system with an 8800 GTS 512 and 4GB shortly.

Back