W10 Pro wont activate

German Muscle

Supreme [H]ardness
Just built a new system and when i try to activate it throws a fit.

upload_2019-3-5_23-56-56.png

upload_2019-3-5_23-57-21.png

upload_2019-3-5_23-57-39.png

upload_2019-3-5_23-57-53.png

a guy on here. Sent me a pic of the COA and then a video of it destroyed. Been using it for 3 years.

Look up how to use phone activation with windows 10.

If that fails, I have picked up many keys here for 10-15 for W10pro. There are a few very established sellers of keys here.

Look up how to use phone activation with windows 10.

If that fails, I have picked up many keys here for 10-15 for W10pro. There are a few very established sellers of keys here.

Hate to say it, but it might be that time in your cost/benefit ratio

Yeah, just making sure ive explored all options before i go and buy another one on here.

It was used on my Z77x setup and i upgraded to X299. It let me reactivate with the gigabyte board but i changed to a EVGA X299 board and now its super butthurt about it.

OEM keys are not transferable ..they are tied to the hardware you installed on
you can try to call the MS toll free number and tell em your old mainboard fried

This is a benefit of w10 it gives you the chance to think twice and walk away before installing.

Was the Z7 also a GB brand board?
Wondering if it saw the change in brand (GB to EVGA)

Yeah, just making sure ive explored all options before i go and buy another one on here.

It was used on my Z77x setup and i upgraded to X299. It let me reactivate with the gigabyte board but i changed to a EVGA X299 board and now its super butthurt about it.
Than that’s why. It’s oem and tied to the previous board. I’d just buy a new one.

I was about to jam up the guy that sold it, but then you said it was 3 years ago. Which means you already used it and are trying to re-use it in a new build.

Yeah that's the thing about the OEM keys people sell here. I consider them one shot use and call it a day. Only reason they can sell them for 20 bucks vs 100-200.

I was about to jam up the guy that sold it, but then you said it was 3 years ago. Which means you already used it and are trying to re-use it in a new build.

Yeah that's the thing about the OEM keys people sell here. I consider them one shot use and call it a day. Only reason they can sell them for 20 bucks vs 100-200.
I haven’t bought any w10 retail keys, but I had 7 and 8/8.1 retail keys that gave a fit after they were installed once. I had to jump through hoops to activate again.

I pay $10-15 a pop now and just know when I build again I’ll be buying a new oem key.

But I’ve sold motherboards that had a w10 key tied to them, and I added that in the listing.

WHile it didnt work for me, if you have a microsoft account tied to the pc(non local account), you can just install without the key, after install log into your account, and deactivate the key from the old system, and activate it on the new one. Its what they rigged up for people who nuked their mobo.

It fails most of the time, but then you just phone in. It disables the install on the old hardware, but who cares.

WHile it didnt work for me, if you have a microsoft account tied to the pc(non local account), you can just install without the key, after install log into your account, and deactivate the key from the old system, and activate it on the new one. Its what they rigged up for people who nuked their mobo.

It fails most of the time, but then you just phone in. It disables the install on the old hardware, but who cares.
The oem keys aren’t transferable. At least they say they aren’t. I’d be interested in knowing if anyone with a oem did this

The login trick didn't work for me in a build where I swapped out mobos for the exact same model mobo (to trouble shoot). As soon as it rebooted on the new mobo it asked for re-activation which promptly failed. Like I said, no biggie, just get new keys.

If you attach your Microsoft account to it, you shouldn't run into the issue again. I have taken OEM keys with me across several machines. I just log in using my email address and it activates whatever I'm using.

If you attach your Microsoft account to it, you shouldn't run into the issue again. I have taken OEM keys with me across several machines. I just log in using my email address and it activates whatever I'm using.
not the case here.

OEM keys are not transferable ..they are tied to the hardware you installed on
you can try to call the MS toll free number and tell em your old mainboard fried

This - they are tied but they will transfer as well. Like, AltTabbins, I've moved plenty across to multiple machines. However, mine were Win7, not sure if the OS 'rules' have changed a bit. I've seen the gent here who sells them, might see if I can snag one--too cheap to pass up.

Back