Viewsonic VX2025wm arrived! First impressions and pics

Teto said:
Just my thoughts about these screens.
These screens are taken by Parsona who found out a way to make the 4:3 scaling work. I hope you don't mind me using them again. :)

Episode 1 @ 1024x768 Centred

GREAT! It workes for 79xx users!

Episode 1 @ 1024x768 Streched

This is just uggly! Chubby girl! This I don't want for my older games.

Episode 1 @ 1680x1050 full sweet res

Why don't all games support 16:10 res! *cry* This is so sweet looking.

Was this problem solved with just using the right forceware or did it have to be a VX2025wm with a newer productiondate to make this work?

Cheers! :D

My bad (i can´t find the delete button on the edit menu)

parsona said:
Desktop @ 1024x768 Centred

Episode 1 @ 1024x768 Streched

Episode 1 @ 1680x1050 full sweet res

BTW Mr Zodiac, a screencap using fraps or printscreen wont work in showing you the scaling quality coz you will just see a normal 1024x768 screenshot, not a streched one.

How did you do this?.... did you use any special software or what?

Ohh.... nevermind... those screens shows he have an NVidia card.. not ATI :(

Teto said:
Another thing I would like to know is if VX2025wm users with newer production dates also have encountered the "dead DVI connection" problem?
The DVI issue is easily fixed, I got it once myself. Just unplug the power cord and press the power button to drain the remaining electricity out of your screen. Put the cord back in and it will work. It did for me anyway.

Same scaling problem here, it works with a GeForce 6200 but not with a GeForce 7600 GS.

I tried scaling with the 7600 under linux (nvidia driver 9629) and it worked like a charm.

Teto said:
Just my thoughts about these screens.
These screens are taken by Parsona who found out a way to make the 4:3 scaling work. I hope you don't mind me using them again. :)

GREAT! It workes for 79xx users!

I think Parsona uses 7900GS right? I think that's different from 7900GT. I heard 7900GS can scale a couple months back, and haven't heard much improvement for 7900GT... :(

LostHere said:
I think Parsona uses 7900GS right? I think that's different from 7900GT. I heard 7900GS can scale a couple months back, and haven't heard much improvement for 7900GT... :(

Every card I've tried sofar doesn't work... 7600GT, 7900GT, 7900GS, X1950XTX, and even my new 8800GTS... none of the driver scaling options work properly.

Hi, I've been using this monitor since the summer and have been very pleased with it's performance.
However I am thinking of getting an Xbox 360 and wondered whether it would be worth hooking up to the Viewsonic with a vga cable ?
I would also like to know what settings to use and if it can run in full screen ? I was checking out the spec sheet that came with the monitor and there is a 720p mode listed on there so I assume it would run in full screen.

I knoew this may have been asked before but at 81 pages this thread is a lot to take in.
Thanks for any help/advice guys.

The problem we are having is that whatever signal we feed the screen with it always stretches the picture to fill the whole screen, no option to output an 1:1 signal properly.
So yea, full-screen won't be a problem as it's the only mode this screen seem to be good at outputting (as no other option is available). :/

Yes, it works fine with the XBOX 360 and the VGA cable kit. I'll post pictures when i get a chance.

Well after going on almost 6 months with no issues whatsoever I finally got my first taste of the infamous DVI bug I think. I had to disconnect the monitor from my PC to move it and when I reconnected it and powered everything up the VX2025WM stayed in a sleep state with orange LED. No amount of switching outputs on my video card would work.

Only after I unplugged the power to the VX2025WM for 10 seconds or so did it return to operating normally.

Let's hope that's only a 'glitch' and not a symptom of impending failure. :eek:

Blue Falcon said:
Well after going on almost 6 months with no issues whatsoever I finally got my first taste of the infamous DVI bug I think. I had to disconnect the monitor from my PC to move it and when I reconnected it and powered everything up the VX2025WM stayed in a sleep state with orange LED. No amount of switching outputs on my video card would work.

Only after I unplugged the power to the VX2025WM for 10 seconds or so did it return to operating normally.

Let's hope that's only a 'glitch' and not a symptom of impending failure. :eek:

Ouch!...

When I set the 360's resolution to 1280x720 it chops off a bit of the right hand side of the screen, I don't know why.
I set it to 1280x768 it fits the screen just about right.

Dan_D said:
I can tell you from experience that the DVI bug sucks.

Luckily I havent seen a trace of it again since I last posted about it. I'm hoping it's just a quirk in my unit and not a sign of worse things to come.

Aside from that experience I friggin' love this monitor. 8 months after purchasing it still impresses me. :)

1:1 scaling would be nice... but whaddaya gonna do? :p

I bought it (VX2025) before 3 months and every day i had the same problem no signal reboot & reboot to communicate the computer with the monitor. I gave it back to the service and immediately give me one other and i had the same problem, are all problematics with the dvi. At last i communicate with the company that i bought and took it back and today i am receiving one eizo s2110 expensive but its sure. Greetings from Athens Greece. Vags

I'm not totally sure what bug you guys are talking about as i dont have time right now to read the thread, but I figured i would throw my experience out there.

About a month ago I bought 2 Ergotron Arms for my 2 VX2025wm monitors and mounted them up just fine. After this, 1 of the monitors quick working. It would power on but it would not get a signal from the DVI port no matter what I did. I even swapped video cards thinking that was the problem. Well I called up view sonic to get an RMA setup... I explain I need it to be an advance replacement and that I dont mind putting up my credit card. She says ok and that i need to fax in my receipt etc, etc. Between my initial call and faxing the receipt, I decided to call back and ask if i can just email the receipt, and the (same)lady says no. She then asks me if i'm the one with a DVI issue, and I say yes. She puts me on hold for a few minutes and comes back and says... I think your DVI port is just closed. Closed?!? I say. Yeah, we just need to open it back up, she says.

At this point i'm totally confused cause she could have done all this the first go around, thankfully i called back.

Anyways, she makes me get out both VGA and DVI cable and connect them, then tells me to plug them both into the computer (I just used a DVI-to-VGA converter for the VGA cable, (I have a dual dvi card) and I think she had me unplug the power, wait a minute and then plug it back in and power up the computer. computer boots completely and she says, ok should be fixed. So i disconnect the VGA and reboot... sure as shit, its fixed.

I may have missed a step in there, but at least you guys can ask about this procedure in the future.

Other that this little snafu, I'm EXTREMELY happy with my monitors. My friend came other the other day and was like...ooh my Dell 2005FPW is brighter than that.... but honestly, I dont think you can beat the price of these with a stick. I got mine 6 months ago from J&R when they were $300 AR. I think they are still right around that price?

It's been about 9 months since I got mine. At first I was using an Nvidia card and I had one instance the first night of the DVI input shutting off, and not wanting to work properly. Soon afterward I switched to an ATI graphics card. I've never had a bit of trouble since.

I realize that this thread is difficult to find information in. Clearly, though, this issue is a result of how Nvidia's drivers shuts the monitor down. For the short time I used this display with an Nvidia graphics card I disabled all power saving features; no blank screen, no powering off the monitor via software.

It's sad that Nvidia and Viewsonic haven't figured this out by now. But unfortunately you will have to be the ones to deal with it. So your choices are: disable power management, or buy an ATI graphics card. I personally had other issues that led me to abandon all Nvidia products. The only issue I had with this display that I couldn't resolve was fixed aspect ratio scaling. I finally found a VX922 for a dirt cheap price, and the two displays compliment each other nicely. The bottom line is that this monitor (the VX2025wm) is superb, as long as you don't have an Nvidia video card.

That's a hell of a generalization to make. People have had the same issue with ATI cards and the VX2025WM...

Blue Falcon said:
That's a hell of a generalization to make. People have had the same issue with ATI cards and the VX2025WM...

Generalization? Those are conclusions drawn from my experience and the experience of others who have posted to this thread. I use this Viewsonic display every day. And if "people" are having the same issue with ATI cards and the VX2025wm, why haven't I had that issue even once? I have had a similar issue with Vista beta drivers, those that came loaded with Vista. But I haven't had ANY issues at all with ATI's WinXP drivers, that are remotely the same. Specifically, the issue I have had (that others are having) is that ATI's drivers don't do a fixed aspect ratio scaling on this monitor.

My guess is that you might be.... No I'll just withhold my comments and let others draw their own conclusions. Have a Good Day!

Cannydog said:
Clearly, though, this issue is a result of how Nvidia's drivers shuts the monitor down. For the short time I used this display with an Nvidia graphics card I disabled all power saving features; no blank screen, no powering off the monitor via software.

I've been running this monitor with an Nvidia 7800GS trouble-free for a few months. Recently, however, I've been experiencing random crashes or refusal to wake up the monitor from standby. I wonder if this is a similar driver issue.

Can you explain how you disabled the power saving features? I've had them off within the XP control panel already. Is there a separate setting within the Nvidia control panel that I should also be checking? Thanks.

Wierd, I have a 7800GTX and have both my VX2025 and my VX924 both dvi plugged in and I have never had one issue with either monitor. Granted I dont use things like safemode, hibernation and ussually I just turn my monitors off when I go to bed. If I do use a screen save it has been blank or my pictures slideshow. I dont have any power settings to turn monitors off.

Occidio said:
...<snip>... I just turn my monitors off when I go to bed. If I do use a screen save it has been blank or my pictures slideshow. I dont have any power settings to turn monitors off.

That's exactly what I did until I chose to switch video cards (but that decision was not directly related).

I sorted out my problem mentiond earlier by setting the 360's output to 1280x720 and then using the monitors auto image adjust feature. It now fits the screen perfectly and looks great.

The Egg seems to be sold out of these... but they do have the VG2030WM in stock. Is the VG comparable to the VX? Any real differences for the better or worse?

Cheers!
/happy vp171b owner looking to upgrade

Edit: Oh and would it be worth another $50 on top to grab the 22" version instead?

has anyone connected a ps3 or a wii to this screen yet?
i want to get a ps3 or wii and hook it up to this monitor (i own one), but i would like to have an idea of what it would look like before i do. has anyone tried it yet?

is their an updated version of this soon or would it be safe to buy this after christmas :D

Gamefreak99 said:
The Egg seems to be sold out of these... but they do have the VG2030WM in stock. Is the VG comparable to the VX? Any real differences for the better or worse?

Cheers!
/happy vp171b owner looking to upgrade

Edit: Oh and would it be worth another $50 on top to grab the 22" version instead?
Differences for the worse, I'm afraid. The newer monitors all use TN panels, which aren't as good as the S-PVA on the VX2025wm.

@Gatecrasher3

Yeah I tried connecting with my it using component cables, and a component to VGA adapter for the monitor, since the VGA port wasn't being used. And damn do I regret it. It plugged in fine, but 1st of all, everything looks green, I think it has to do with the Sync on Green thing on the monitor. But worst of all, at first at least the monitor worked properly, but now my DVI input on the monitor doesn't even work! It's ridiculous and now I have to send it in to Viewsonic to get it fixed! Until someone finds a way to prevent this from happening I don't think I can recommend it for Wii at least. PS2 at least has HDMI out and you can get a HDMI to DVI converter easily.

HeyYoWL said:
@Gatecrasher3

Yeah I tried connecting with my it using component cables, and a component to VGA adapter for the monitor, since the VGA port wasn't being used. And damn do I regret it. It plugged in fine, but 1st of all, everything looks green, I think it has to do with the Sync on Green thing on the monitor. But worst of all, at first at least the monitor worked properly, but now my DVI input on the monitor doesn't even work! It's ridiculous and now I have to send it in to Viewsonic to get it fixed! Until someone finds a way to prevent this from happening I don't think I can recommend it for Wii at least. PS2 at least has HDMI out and you can get a HDMI to DVI converter easily.
Try to unplug the power cord, and than press the power button to drain the remaining electricity from the screen. That will usually solve the dvi bug. It did for me anyway.

After using this LCD for 3 hrs it will just turn off and on repeatedly... What could be the cause? Is my LCD beginning to die?

Help please?

After using this LCD for 3 hrs it will just turn off and on repeatedly... What could be the cause? Is my LCD beginning to die?

Help please?

Tried using it on a different PC?

If so, and it still does it, then the answer to your question is "yes".

Hello.

I just bought this monitor :) (my first lcd ever:eek: ) and i would like to know if the red tint issue that someone experienced a few pages back is when looking directly at the screen or at an angle?
I'm asking because when i look at the screen at an angle, at a white background; i believe i can see a little bit of red (just a little) on the entire screen but that happens only when looking at an angle otherwise the image quality is amazing.

I would appreciate if someone could provide any information.

Thanks.

Hello.

I just bought this monitor :) (my first lcd ever:eek: ) and i would like to know if the red tint issue that someone experienced a few pages back is when looking directly at the screen or at an angle?
I'm asking because when i look at the screen at an angle, at a white background; i believe i can see a little bit of red (just a little) on the entire screen but that happens only when looking at an angle otherwise the image quality is amazing.

I would appreciate if someone could provide any information.

Thanks.

bump.

Anyone?

Thanks.

Dang.

I was thinking of ordering one of these for my new desktop, but it's looking like a lot of people are having problems with them!

Anybody care to make a suggestion for another 20-20.1" widescreen LCD monitor?

Dang.

I was thinking of ordering one of these for my new desktop, but it's looking like a lot of people are having problems with them!

Anybody care to make a suggestion for another 20-20.1" widescreen LCD monitor?

People rarely hop on a message board to talk about how well their product is working, rather most of what you see will be complaints. The vast majority of people who own this monitor are perfectly happy.

I know I am. I have had this thing for close to 8 months now and it's quite simply awesome. :)

Back