Vega Rumors

Joker is just stupid, though. He did an interview with Steve (GamersNexus) right after Ryzen's launch and completely embarrassed himself. It was like watching Stephen Hawking debate a toddler about physics.

Adored doesn't come off as a complete moron at least.

AMD is back ! (?):

A dead squirrel could post a video with AMD content right now and people would spam it and take it as a sign from god.

Also a few people have discovered there is a huge YouTube viewer market in pandering to AMD fans.

A dead squirrel could post a video with AMD content right now and people would spam it and take it as a sign from god.

yeah Linus's video had some 400k viewers when I first saw it within minutes of uploading and it had no info really.

Also a few people have discovered there is a huge YouTube viewer market in pandering to AMD fans.

yeah Linus's video had some 400k viewers when I first saw it within minutes of uploading and it had no info really.

Seriously who the hell is that old guy? And Linus is just a salesman so he'll go wherever the dollars are. Why people even pay attention to Linus and his annoying voice is beyond me. I wonder if we'll see any benchmarks today?

If they don't have benchmarks today lol, dude this card will be like the FX, so bad AMD doesn't even want to talk about it.

This is what I'm think the will do, they will lock the frames and promote Vega with Freesync, then show some benchmarks that are competitive with the 1080, and totally leave out perf/watt and power consumption figures.

If they don't have benchmarks today lol, dude this card will be like the FX, so bad AMD doesn't even want to talk about it.

This is what I'm think the will do, they will lock the frames and promote Vega with Freesync, then show some benchmarks that are competitive with the 1080, and totally leave out perf/watt and power consumption figures.
Yeah I think you just called it right there.

Using the latest claymore. All my 1070's are AMP zotac, their memory clocks are crazy, I get +650 on all of them and some of them I can go up to +750. Core clocks help too just a few mhs, like 2 or 3, if you can get the memory higher then you can get 35 easy. I found that EVGA's suck for mining (relatively to other brands), and 31 is pretty much the highest you can get for them. The FE's are just as good as the AMP!, the best ones I found were the Gigabyte 1070's overclocked, these are very hard to find at reasonable prices, they get 36 to 37 mhs.

Oh I don't have any monitors hooked up I use team viewer (if a rig is having issues) and awesome miner to monitor my rigs.

I have a Gigabyte GTX 1070 gaming OC Card, i get 550 on the memory, but still only 30-31MH, maybe I'll try the latest claymore.

I wonder if it's because you're not outputting any video from them, for me, at over 550, the driver will crash.

Also, which driver are you using?

Last edited:
I have a Gigabyte GTX 1070 gaming OC Card, i get 550 on the memory, but still only 30-31MH, maybe I'll try the latest claymore.
If you want to max out your Ethereum hash rates and profits, use Ethminer:

https://github.com/ethereum-mining/ethminer/releases

No dev fee, and they have added nVidia specific optimizations. Similar configuration to Claymore, just paste in your pool address and your wallet address and you should be good to go, more or less. Dual mining Siacoins with Claymore could be better though, it's hard to tell really.

Also, set your cards to 70% power limit. It will cut your power consumption in half with almost no loss at all in terms of hash rate.

I wonder if it's because you're not outputting any video from them, for me, at over 550, the driver will crash.

It could be not sure, the older claymore I was getting 30-31 though, when I updated it gave me 35. 382.52

Last edited:
It could be not sure, the older claymore I was getting 30-31 though, when I updated it gave me 35.
The problem with Claymore is there is a 2% dev fee for dual mining, 1% for single mining. Ethminer has no dev fee, and I can guarantee you it will give you the same or higher hash rate.

The problem with Claymore is there is a 2% dev fee for dual mining, 1% for single mining. Ethminer has no dev fee, and I can guarantee you it will give you the same or higher hash rate.
Thanks, I'll give it a shot, though does ETH miner do dual mining?

It could be not sure, the older claymore I was getting 30-31 though, when I updated it gave me 35.

OK, downloaded latest version, got 2MH more out of the 1070, but 0 change on the 1080 =) , now getting 31.7 in dual mode(29.5 previously in dual, and 30.5 or so in single) . so bonus :p

Thanks, Core clock still is 100% useless to me, I did -400, I get the same hash rate, +100 same hash rate, so it looks like I'm still 100% memory bottlenecked at this speed.

I'm dual mining with pascal, pascal pretty much pays for the monthly power I use for the rig 50 bucks a month. A bit more, if it ever goes back to 1 buck a coin I would love it lol. So that 2% is covered and a bit more.

The good thing about dual mining with nV cards is the power consumption stays the same (have to set dcri at 30 btw), otherwise it will affect eth mining amounts.

Or just as bad we might get a benchmark from Doom. It's AMDs favorite title, since it performs well on their HW.

Just doing some calculations based on SP*Clockspeed (leaked numbers):

Vega 56 should be competitive with 1070 FE
Vega 64 should be competitive with 1080 FE
Vega 64 Liquid should easily beat 1080FE but in no way catch 1080 Ti. Unless there is some working secret sauce in Vega that pushes gaming IPC higher than FuryX.

Or just as bad we might get a benchmark from Doom. It's AMDs favorite title, since it performs well on their HW.

Just doing some calculations based on SP*Clockspeed (leaked numbers):

Vega 56 should be competitive with 1070 FE
Vega 64 should be competitive with 1080 FE
Vega 64 Liquid should easily beat 1080FE but in no way catch 1080 Ti. Unless there is some working secret sauce in Vega that pushes gaming IPC higher than FuryX.

Thats the problem, all the front end changes just didn't change the through put on this card, I really think all the new features were pretty much afterthoughts to help throughput and all of them need dev input or app based driver optimizations.

I'm dual mining with pascal, pascal pretty much pays for the monthly power I use for the rig 50 bucks a month. A bit more, if it ever goes back to 1 buck a coin I would love it lol. So that 2% is covered and a bit more.
Interesting, thanks! I'm going to try dual mining Pascal, I've been doing Siacoins and they're practically useless. Thanks for the info.

Interesting, thanks! I'm going to try dual mining Pascal, I've been doing Siacoins and they're practically useless. Thanks for the info.

one thing about dual mining though, it does push the GPU differently so clocks for the GPU might need to be lowered.

If i was only eth mining, I can push the clocks up more on the GPU, but the amount I get doesn't cover the loss of not doing the second coin.

SIA pretty much pays for the power as well, getting about $10/card/month with it.

cool, pretty much the same for Pascal.

Another thing is I also buy in bulk, 30 cards at a time, soon to be 60 if things go up, when they come in, I test each one out, and put the ones that are closest together in a single rig, if I have any bad ones low hash rates, i send them back and get replacements. Now I've only sent back maybe 10 of the 78 cards.

No, GTX 1080 price for GTX 1080 performance, with way worse power consumption and heat output. Forget about overclocking. An overclocked GTX 1080 will destroy Vega.

Vega looks good for people with Freesync monitors. AMD is probably having yield/production issues so they can sell them at this price for now until there is more widespread availability. I expect some insane Black Friday deals on some of the Vega cards. We will hopefully see something similar to what happened with the Radeon 290 cards when they sold for under $200USD, an insane bargain at the time.
Link to Benchmarks pls...

The good thing about dual mining with nV cards is the power consumption stays the same (have to set dcri at 30 btw), otherwise it will affect eth mining amounts.
Holy cow, how do you determine your Pascal wallet address to receive the coins from mining? This software is super complicated with a horrible interface.

I just send it straight to cryptopia, I know its not that safe to do but I get rid of all my pascal coins, I don't expect much out of them lol.

The only coins I keep aside are Eth, Btc, and Ltc, I don't save any of the other coins, don't want to play the speculation game on the others, just nothing to base the speculation on till its too late.

Remember when I said that AMD might not send Radeon RX Vega to GamersNexus and PC Perspective?

Well, AMD went even further and didn't sent Radeon RX Vega to any tech reviewers (for testing) at all.

Instead, AMD sent Radeon RX Vega to a few Internet Celebrities for promotion

Sometimes I wish I was an IT guy so I could run a mining farm for free. Thinking about it the server room at my company sounds like a bee hive. Maybe that's what they are doing in there...

Remember when I said that AMD might not send Radeon RX Vega to GamersNexus and PC Perspective?

Well, AMD went even further and didn't sent Radeon RX Vega to any tech reviewers (for testing) at all.

Instead, AMD sent Radeon RX Vega to a few Internet Celebrities for promotion

Yep and it T offed quite a bit of people from what I hear.

I just send it straight to cryptopia, I know its not that safe to do but I get rid of all my pascal coins, I don't expect much out of them lol.

The only coins I keep aside are Eth, Btc, and Ltc, I don't save any of the other coins, don't want to play the speculation game on the others, just nothing to base the speculation on till its too late.
Ok, thanks very much for the info.

I will tell you I've been mining something called "Skunk" lately, it's been interesting. $20USD profit per day a few days ago, but it's been going down. It's still twice the profit of Ethereum and probably more profitable than what you're doing. Just a hassle to set up a new miner, etc. I've been using zpool, they send you BTC as payment. Not a great pool, but with that profit level I've been giving it a chance. The one thing I don't like is it gets my GPUs hot, even water cooled. I have to undervolt them to keep the temperatures where I like them. I can give you details of how to do it if you like. The software is called NemosMiner.

ah cool didn't think it was that profitable, i'll look into thx for the heads up! Also pm yeah if I need help :)

He was okay until he realized he could pander to AMD fans for views.
I still remember his R7 1700 gaming review where he smashed the 7700K box with the Ryzen box, even though gaming is pretty much where the 7700K excels.

4MbqXD8.png
LOL Ryzen is a good chip and a big leap forward for AMD, but if the video were accurate, the 7700 box would have been impervious and the Ryzen would have crushed against it.

Ryzen is top shelf for some types of work apps, but intel still reigns in gaming.

Back