Vega Rumors

Does the game grab pack remind anyone of the FX game pack?

I don't remember the FX game pack. Reminds me a bit of the stuff they used to do when they bothered to have a program for working with developers on game development.

nah probably the same front end changes they did with Polaris, Polaris had the same transistor count as Hawaii but most of the time it could only get only to the 390 level performance, where there was still the 390x.

3266506-skus.png
3266507-specs.png
3266508-performance.png
3266509-design.png
3266510-price.png
3266511-release+date.png

only the AIO Vega will have a chance to keep up with the 1080... which means 600 bucks for 1080 speeds

Really smells like 2900xt all over again, Late to market, gobbles power and is only competitive with Nvidia second tier card.

except the 2900xt was priced to compete with the 8800gts. I think 2900xt was only 1 year late as well? Vega is at a year and close to 6 months. Vega blows even harder.

like i said watch nV drops 1060 to 1080ti prices $50 bucks by then...

Dude if they decide to do that, which I don't think they will cause nV loves their margins, that will push AMD out of the market entirely. It will really hurt their marketshare

Dude if they decide to do that, which I don't think they will cause nV loves their margins, that will push AMD out of the market entirely. It will really hurt their marketshare

they could also toss in a decent game too and keep prices the same

AMD keeps on teasing and teasing and teasing it's kind of making me a little bit upset. Just read on anandtech that it isn't actually launching until August 14 and that reviews are embargoed till then. According to anandtech they were told it will "trade blows with a 1080."

rumor is RX Vega 64 can't be bought seperatly without a bundle at launch, pretty much have to buy a ryzen chip, motherboard with the card! LOL Wow.

Relevant quotes from anandtech:

"today is not the launch day for the Radeon RX Vega. In fact, only right before this embargo expired did AMD even announce a launch date: August 14th. So for reviews, performance analyses, and of course purchasing, everyone will have to hold on just a bit longer"

And:
"Instead, what we’ve been told is to expect the Vega 64 to “trade blows” with NVIDIA’s GeForce GTX 1080."

Looks like avg frame rates werent beating the 1080 so that's why they are releasing min frame rate comparisons now.

Relevant quotes from anandtech:

"today is not the launch day for the Radeon RX Vega. In fact, only right before this embargo expired did AMD even announce a launch date: August 14th. So for reviews, performance analyses, and of course purchasing, everyone will have to hold on just a bit longer"

And:
"Instead, what we’ve been told is to expect the Vega 64 to “trade blows” with NVIDIA’s GeForce GTX 1080."

Looks like avg frame rates werent beating the 1080 so that's why they are releasing min frame rate comparisons now.

What's extra sad is those performance numbers are the $600 liquid cooled model vs a reference 1080 at $500. The air cooled $500 vega will fare much worse. Let alone against an AIB 1080.

At least it is not the rumored $850 price tag. Still should be $100 cheaper across the board.

Speaking of Fiji, there’s been some question over whether the already shipping Vega FE cards had AMD’s Draw Steam Binning Rasterizer enabled, which is one of the Vega architecture’s new features. The short answer is that no, the DSBR is not enabled in Vega FE’s current drivers. Whereas we have been told to expect it with the RX Vega launch. AMD is being careful not to make too many promises here – the performance and power impact of the DSBR vary wildly with the software used – but it means that the RX Vega will have a bit more going on than the Vega FE at launch.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11680...-vega-64-399-rx-vega-56-launching-in-august/3

So going on TFLOPs alone Vega is 49% faster than the Fury X. I know you can't compare across vendors That puts it 10% above the 1080... but in reality I think most expect it to be matching the 1080. Of course the 1080 will beat it OC'd.

But I would think that's the best case scenario with optimized drivers, 10% better than stock 1080 FE...

Same article
Talking to AMD’s engineers, what especially surprised me is where the bulk of those transistors went; the single largest consumer of the additional 3.9B transistors was spent on designing the chip to clock much higher than Fiji. Vega 10 can reach 1.7GHz, whereas Fiji couldn’t do much more than 1.05GHz.

LE are only going to available with bundles, that sux but better than the rumor I heard.

They can't get this card cheaper, they are giving discount on everything else but the card

1. AMD Radeon RX Vega Card
  2. 2 Bundled Games (For US: Wolfenstein II and Prey)
  3. $200 Discount: Samsung CF71 34-inch Widescreen Freesync Monitor
  4. $100 Discount: Ryzen 7 + Motherboard Combo

Looks like the minimum frame rates is their focus with Vega. If that is really true in reviews that will give people something to think about but it would have to be across most games, not just a few.

AMD requires another 3.6 Billion transistors to boost clock speed?

W.T.F?

I think NVidia is in trouble, from all the injuries staff are going to suffer when the fall down laughing uncontrollably.

Holy shit this is worse than I thought possible. It really took them 2 years, a process shrink, and 3.6 Billion more transistors to boost the clock speed on Fiji.

I gotta go lie down.

If the liquid card really is 699 (source please?) and can only barely beat an air cooled 1080 at 499, this is a total disaster. vega 56 better be between a 1070 and a 1080 and sell for 350/399.

Back