Ieldra
I Promise to RTFM
- Joined
- Mar 28, 2016
- Messages
- 3,539
Yeah the whole tessellation thing is just AMD's pipelines stalling when a certain amount of triangles and over has to be rendered that has been their weakness since DX11 games started using tessellation. This is purely the amount of Geometry units they have. The only reason I can think of this, is that they allocate so much die space to the shader array they don't have space to put more geometry units in. I'm pretty sure the geometry units are decoupled with GCN. If they are not then that would be the issue but with GCN 1.3 they were able to increase the GU's from 2 to 4 so I'm thinking they are decoupled.
The new excuse on AMD reddit is that UE4 is, thanks to nvidia conspiracy, not culling unseen geometry, and renders unnecessary polygons to stall GCN in a master plan to doom vega that is actually faster than GP102. They never disappoint.