- Joined
- Feb 11, 2013
- Messages
- 6,478
No, I think in some productivity benchmarks it beat the 1080 Ti handily. The 1080 Ti had a nice lead in CAD from what I remember. I don't feel like looking it up again. I did link it some pages back.
In a few games that HardwareUnBoxed ran yesterday in their 32 game shootout, the Vega 64 watercooled edition was nipping at its heels. I think Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War III was one of them. Maybe a 5 frame difference between the Vega 64 and 1080 Ti.
But otherwise the 1080 Ti was kicking ass and chewing bubblegum.
and yet the Vega 64 WC cost the same as the 1080Ti.. an AIB 1080Ti destroy anything remotely of what VEGA could reach near 1080Ti FE.
Also of course there are some games that favor one vendor or another.. one single example of a popular game even old that favor Nvidia it's Fallout 4, there's a grotesque difference between Nvidia and AMD to the point that VEGA 64 Air perform at GTX 1070 FE Levels. however I try to not take those kind of games that favor one vendor or another in consideration unless someone it's looking to play specifically those kind of tittles.
Vega is not so bad at all, leaving Power consumption to a side I like Vega, in fact probably as I always do I may buy a Vega 64 Air cooled AIB later as I did with my 280X and 390X just to put my two cents in AMD account and play a bit with new toys, lol the 390X served me very well as an excellent back up card or testing card until some nasty driver fucked it up. I like to support some AMD cards others just nope (Fury Series).