The companies that didn't send enough bottled water.
Or we can finally deal with scalping at a legal level. If that dude went in and bought 200 cases and then held it over the community's head, that should be illegal.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The companies that didn't send enough bottled water.
Or we can finally deal with scalping at a legal level. If that dude went in and bought 200 cases and then held it over the community's head, that should be illegal.
Or we can finally deal with scalping at a legal level. If that dude went in and bought 200 cases and then held it over the community's head, that should be illegal.
Its not miners there is no stock of these cards, AMD is having serious supply issues or holding back supply.
That guy that bought Vega for mining, and talking about solar panel, he didn't do the math, otherwise he would have know solar panals he will not be able to get his money back.
Glad to see are back to arguing about Vega pricing, at least now we have also included bottled water pricing to spice up the conversation.
Hmm. In Houston, Texas there was a man selling bottled Dasani water for $15 or $20 a package before the hurricane hit and subsequent flooding that happened. This water sold for $3 a package in the store across the road from him. People who went to the store were unable to purchase water because this guy bought it all up and was scalping it at a huge markup.
So do we march with our pitchforks against the store for not having water at $3 MSRP?
Do we march against Dasani for pricing their water crazily above MSRP?
Do we go to the retailer in the parking lot selling water for crazy prices and tell him that he is a bastard for purchasing all the water and reselling it for prices that people can't afford?
Who do you blame?
But what if Dasani claims a 3$ MSRP but sells the water to retailers for 2.98$.
Yeah, I know. The point being that you can't then blame the retailers for price gouging. They have to make a profit.Then it would be up to the retailers to accept that or mark it up to a reasonable profit margin or not sell it at all. No retailer is forced to sell at a certain price except in MAP pricing agreements.
The cards sell out in less than 15 seconds. I really doubt that consumers are using purchasing scripts to get through checkout that fast. Try to buy something from NewEgg and see if you can get through the entire checkout process in 15 seconds or less with your CC or PayPal information saved in the system. Maybe some gamers have really fast fingers?
It's miners man I have seen pictures of Vega being used in them. Now I figured you were right but they are finding power use acceptable undervolted. It shocks me but if they can be good with the power use of the 64 then the 56 will be gobbled up constantly. Will know for sure in a month or so.
There were basically no Vega 56 stock for the launch today. AMD's claim they were delaying launch to ensure adequate supply is a farce.Best buy's price is what the MSRP is, as I stated before there are no packs and still at $499.
There is no stock of Vega cards period. Very low supply.
This has nothing to do with vegaTexas’ Attorney General’s office issued a warning on Thursday urging locals to be vigilant in spotting vendors who are engaged in price gouging.
The state’s consumer protection division says that whenever a governor has issued a disaster proclamation, it is illegal to significantly hike prices on ‘items of necessity’ such as fuel, food, or medicine.
Texas Governor Greg Abbott declared a state of disaster for 30 counties in the Lone Star State.
Best buy's price is what the MSRP is, as I stated before there are no packs and still at $499.
There is no stock of Vega cards period. Very low supply.
But what if Dasani claims a 3$ MSRP but sells the water to retailers for 2.98$.
Obviously that didn't happen since the store was selling it for $3 a case and making profits. But if they wanted to sell it for $30 a case it is up to them.
Amazon had the Vega 56 for $399. People on Reddit were ecstatic to get one. I didn't try since I bought my Vega 64 for $499 off Amazon.
I wasn't actually talking about Dasani water, but in surprised you manages to get Vega 64 for MSRP, did you camp the Amazon website or what? I've never bought something on launch day so I've never had to deal with spamming refresh on websites etc
Amazon is on their list of etailers for the rebated sku
Reddit speculated that Microcenter didn't get Vega 56 cards today. I think the manufacturing shortage is real and the rebate stuff is an excuse by retailers to make an extra $200 off a card.
Which water block should I go with? I'm really liking the lit up RADEON logo on the side of my Vega 64. Maybe I should just skip these and get an universal block to preserve the look of the original card?
Yeah the shortage is real but the rebated SKU is real too lol. There has to be a reason to use SEP instead of MSRP. No reason to make up an new name for the same meaning. Companies don't do that unless they want to delineate something different. And AMD made that acronym up there was no such acronym or even arrangement of words till those slides.
I'd go with https://www.amazon.com/EK-FC-Radeon...948191&sr=8-2&keywords=radeon+vega+waterblock
But I'm a sucker for copper.
Visiontek is selling 580's for $400 and 570's for $280. Looks like the manufacturers are ready for extra profits and to hell with AMD's pricing.
https://www.visiontek.com/
That looks really nice. That backplate sells it.That's the one I was leaning towards also. Great minds think alike! Now let me blow your mind a bit more.
http://www.swiftech.com/komodo-rx-le-vega.aspx
![]()
I managed to buy four Vega 56 today - without any kind of script, and even purchased two of them via my cell phone browser. I use the nowinstock alerts to be notified. I got two at best buy, and two at newegg. All four cost $500 (+ tax/shipping). There was a Power Color $500 Vega 56 model in stock at newegg for probably at least 45 minutes today. I and two of my friends bought one of those, and they just kept lingering in stock. Newegg only let you buy 1 card of each type. My cousin got five Vega 56 today (2 from bestbuy, 3 from newegg) and he could be buying more - but his single rig is now full too.
yes I'm planning to mine with them -- in compliment to my eight 1080TI I'm mining with. That'll fill out my Biostar TB250 BTC-Pro motherboard's 12 GPU config. I'm not buying anymore cards for a long while to come. My credit card is sore, and one mining rig is enough.....for now.
Should turn ~$1000 a month on a $8500 investment. My risk is all but eliminated in two to three months - cause I'll have covered the 20-25% hardware loss in resale value by then with mining profits. (if for some reason I have to bail out in a couple/three months???)
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/xfx-am...ess-3-0-graphics-card/6084601.p?skuId=6084601
100 bucks more for the 56, nothing about games.
Went to your link, says right there on the page:
Special Offers
Less than what you get paid at your shitty job.
What's your power bill going to increase to?
probably around 150 bucks shouldn't be more than that.What's your power bill going to increase to?
What's your power bill going to increase to?
For A/C, 1w of power to the A/C unit will remove ~ 3w of heat (actually it is little better than that). So if you dump 600w of power (virtually all energy in a computer goes into heat) your A/C cost would add another 200w to 800w from mining. 900w would add 300w A/C for 1200w mining.current mining with four 1080TI in the biostar board. I'm still relatively new to this.
power use is 728 watts at the wall according to a power meter. (power target is 65% with MSI afterburner - and overclock is engaged to hit above stock speeds)
That's right at $2 per day in electricity at .12 KWH for four cards. So let's triple that for 12 cards. Electricity should be about $6 a day. Gross profit should be $30-$35 per day at the current levels. Net should be $25 -$30 per day.
Not counting how it affects A/C bill --I have no idea how to calculate that. But it's seasonally turning cooler soon in the Midwest - at which point it'll help reduce the heating bill over fall and winter. (slightly)
I'm kind of thinking - earn a single bitcoin, and re-asses my plans at that interval. If bitcoins do what some are predicting - they could be worth exponentially more than they are right now in the next 3 years. I'm late to the party - but better late than never.
I viewed this methodology of acquiring a bitcoin to be less risky than outright buying a coin.
Let's say the whole infrastructure crumbles tomorrow. If I bought a bitcoin today I'd be out $4,300 - cause my bitcoin is worthless.
Instead I bought all this hardware --- and if I had to sell it all tomorrow I'd take a 20% hit and walk away. The same holds true in a couple months. Might take a 25% or 30% hit in 3 or 4 months time.
Not to mention - I enjoy hardware, and geeking out on this this stuff. If I mine for 8 months I should have acquired enough BTC to basically pay for my hardware outright. So I can sell the BTC and just have the hardware asset value when I sell everything off (maybe 5K of the 8.5K?)
or at that interval I could pay off the hardware and just keep mining at pure profit.
or I could cash out the bitcoin, and sell all the hardware - and be up a few thousand?
Worst case - I just have a lot of slightly devalued used hardware (1080TIs and Vegas) to sell.
You could just buy the coins instead.
BTC bought a month or so ago would have return more than double the investment today. With the investment in gpus and your profit calcs you'll have to mine for over a year to get the same profit. Assuming that coin prices rise to offset the lower rewards from increased difficulty as time goes on. If one is mining today then this is what one has to expect in order for mining to be profitable (i.e., that coin prices rise to at least offset the lower rewards from increased difficulty as time goes on), in which case just buy the coin instead since you are predicting coin prices will rise.
You could just buy the coins instead.
BTC bought a month or so ago would have return more than double the investment today. With the investment in gpus and your profit calcs you'll have to mine for over a year to get the same profit. Assuming that coin prices rise to offset the lower rewards from increased difficulty as time goes on. If one is mining today then this is what one has to expect in order for mining to be profitable (i.e., that coin prices rise to at least offset the lower rewards from increased difficulty as time goes on), in which case just buy the coin instead since you are predicting coin prices will rise.
speculation on coin prices is too hard, there is absolutely nothing backing these coins, its like doing Forex without knowing the market of the currency you want trade in.
At least with mining, ya know approximately what you will get no matter what, and if price tanks, you can sell off the hardware.