Vampire Survivors

Armenius

Extremely [H]
Really surprised there is no thread for this here, yet. Version 1.0 is coming out next Thursday. With that is coming a price increase from USD $3 to USD $5 later tonight. If you want to lock in the $3 price you need to buy it before 20:00 EDT tonight.

https://poncle.itch.io/vampire-survivors

Reactions: Azrak
like this
My God, I think I've found my anti-game :ROFLMAO: Literally everything about this (except maybe the price) is the exact opposite of what I want. It's almost admirable.

I enjoy this game when I want to zone out for 15 minutes. Good fun.

Even for $5 this is a steal. There's not much to it but I'll do a run or two and then put it down, good casual game.

I enjoy this game when I want to zone out for 15 minutes. Good fun.
This was Binding of Isaac for me. I've been waiting for the 1.0 release for this and I certainly see it replacing Isaac as my "zoning out" game.

This game was absolute crack to me for like a couple weeks. It's super worth the price of admission.

I feel like I don’t even like it but already have nearly 100 hours logged x(

yea, this was an awesome game I'd play before I went to bed. throw on some DI.FM and play for a little bit.

The Crosses in the game look just like Castlevania or Wooden Stakes or whatever.

I was really into it a few months ago and i'm curious to see just how much random stuff has been added since then. Seems like an absolute ton.

It's fun for like 5 hours but once you've tried all the weapons and unlock everything, it gets boring.
My experience really addictive to achieve to become really powerful for the first time and it is over by then would have been a good coin eater in an arcade, perfectly priced.

it does not make much sense after the first time you complete the first level, it is pretty much all about that first run.

Last edited:
Yeah, I lasted about 25 hours before I burnt out on it. I think I paid $3 earlier this year for it, so a good value. These days, this game and a couple of others I've tried like it just put me to sleep.

This is a fantastic game. After a bit of grinding, it is VERY easy to be overpowered and power through any level. I do like the challenge of making less than ideal upgrade choices and seeing how it goes. It is totally worth the money.

This is a fantastic game. After a bit of grinding, it is VERY easy to be overpowered and power through any level. I do like the challenge of making less than ideal upgrade choices and seeing how it goes. It is totally worth the money.
I think the ultimate challenge of the game is slaying the Grim Reaper once you hit the time limit. There is even an achievement for it.

I think the ultimate challenge of the game is slaying the Grim Reaper once you hit the time limit. There is even an achievement for it.
That has been my goal, I have lasted 20+ seconds against the Grim Reaper.

Thank you,

Enjoying this game, bought on steam and works great on the steam deck. Bought on xbox too, apparently it's a play anywhere game as now I have a copy in windows store also.(i don't have game pass).

I have all the power ups and still can't beat the reaper. But still fun.

Enjoying this game, bought on steam and works great on the steam deck. Bought on xbox too, apparently it's a play anywhere game as now I have a copy in windows store also.(i don't have game pass).

I have all the power ups and still can't beat the reaper. But still fun.
you need to build the Crimson Shroud and Infinite Corridor

It's fun for like 5 hours but once you've tried all the weapons and unlock everything, it gets boring.

I have been playing this and the various knock offs on my iPad and this is always the issue for me. I hit a wall where it would be cool if the upgrades progressed to something new, but they never do after the first evolution so little reason to keep going.
It makes me miss Smash TV a bit though.

This game is super addicting.... okay just one more round... one more.... okay it's 4am.

I just got a steam deck and didn't really know what to play on it and this was it. So good :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I have been playing this and the various knock offs on my iPad and this is always the issue for me. I hit a wall where it would be cool if the upgrades progressed to something new, but they never do after the first evolution so little reason to keep going.
It makes me miss Smash TV a bit though.
Yeah, this is where some newer iterations of the genre shine in comparison to VampSurv IMO. They'll have things like passive bonuses to choose from, more options for weapons, more synergies, etc. Brotato is probably my favorite right now. Rogue: Genesia is also pretty fun as it has that extra stuff and a Slay The Spire style overworld map.

I got bored of it already, I probably unlocked 7-8 stages and went to level 30 on them. It seems like when I am around 20-22 minutes mark, all my weapons are maxed out so the rest of the time I can just leave my character standing in a corner and come back later to see the grim reaper kill me at 30 minutes.

Co-op mode launches August 17 alongside the complete move to the new engine.

(Time stamp at 5870 seconds/1:37:50 mark)

Any one tried the new engine yet? its available in the beta option in steam, it feels about 1000x smoother.

Any one tried the new engine yet? its available in the beta option in steam, it feels about 1000x smoother.
I have like 100h into this game, but that was about six months ago. I tried it for a little bit, but forgot all the combos so it didn't stick.

I think I should give it another shot.

Back