UnclePauly09

Status
Not open for further replies.
mine, yours, deacons, alex's and thats already 4, also there are 2 others that bought the SSD, so we might reach 6 total cases, paypal cant possibl side with the other party after so much feedback

mine, yours, deacons, alex's and thats already 4, also there are 2 others that bought the SSD, so we might reach 6 total cases, paypal cant possibl side with the other party after so much feedback

yeah you guys got this in the bag, even if you paid as a gift

Here is mine: PP-004-396-691-385

I am not worried about getting the money back, as it was covered under Buyer Protection. It's just the frustration of the process at this point.

How do you guys know you are eligible? There's so much fine print. I got told I might not be covered since it wasn't shipped to my confirmed address, which is weird because I read the entire documentation and there's nothing on this

yeah you guys got this in the bag, even if you paid as a gift

How do you figure? There's no way to file a claim since I paid as a gift and I can't imagine PP would be ok with refunding me for a gift payment.

How do you figure? There's no way to file a claim since I paid as a gift and I can't imagine PP would be ok with refunding me for a gift payment.

While its not right this guy scammed people, there is a reason you should not use gift payment and if you choose to, be prepared to lose your money.

I think UnclePauly09 account has been hacked. He is living in the State and having a nice girlfriend/wife with kid, there are no brain to scam a thoudsand buck via paypal. There was no way you can take money from paypal and safe, they will take back everything.

Here are what can happend :
someone stole his paypal account, email account, selling stuff in here (UnclePauly09 has not selling anything sine April 2015). Got enought money and transfer it to another paypal account ( or just use it to buy things online ) ..etc

I think UnclePauly09 account has been hacked. He is living in the State and having a nice girlfriend/wife with kid, there are no brain to scam a thoudsand buck via paypal. There was no way you can take money from paypal and safe, they will take back everything.

Here are what can happend :
someone stole his paypal account, email account, selling stuff in here (UnclePauly09 has not selling anything sine April 2015). Got enought money and transfer it to another paypal account ( or just use it to buy things online ) ..etc

Quite the coincidence that someone received a Palit 460 GTX box, when I sold that exact card (with box) to Pauly over 2 years ago. It was not a common brand at the time (not sold in US anymore).

Since the paypal appears to be in his GF/wife's name, he could very well be trying to make a quick buck and screw her over with consequences of his scams. Sure your suggestion is plausible, but the Palit box alone makes me think otherwise.

Case #1: PP-004-396-343-202

Case #2: PP-004-396-339-019

for a total of 500$ (not enough money one one card, so made 2 transactions one after the other with same description "Payment for the 980").

PM's, USPS tracking PS and pictures of the 8400gs+460 box i got are all at "douglatins". I suggest you do the same

Quite the coincidence that someone received a Palit 460 GTX box, when I sold that exact card (with box) to Pauly over 2 years ago. It was not a common brand at the time (not sold in US anymore).

Since the paypal appears to be in his GF/wife's name, he could very well be trying to make a quick buck and screw her over with consequences of his scams. Sure your suggestion is plausible, but the Palit box alone makes me think otherwise.

Yeeh i forgot the 460gtx. If not the kid doing it then he want to scam his girlfriend/wife too. :(

Yeeh i forgot the 460gtx. If not the kid doing it then he want to scam his girlfriend/wife too. :(

I really don't think that's the case as yesterday everyone sent facebook messages + she got a looot of mails from paypal and heatware.

I mean she didn't check her email not one time in 24 hrs?

L.E: she just posted on facebook 3 hrs ago, so it's clear that she had every intention of stealing from us!

Also wrote the following message to everyone who liked or commented on her last post, and i suggest you do the same for credibility puroposes:

"Hello! Sorry to bother you! If you know April Futrel please make contact with her and tell her to give back our money!

She is a member of a computer hardware forum, named "hardforum.com", goes by the name of "UnclePauly09" and posted a thread in wich she was selling computer hardware. I personally payed for a 500$ video card and received a 10$ card, others paid just the same as me and didn't receive anything.

Here is the thread:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1884302&page=5

I have also attached the piece of the package received by me with her address (she was the sender).

I wrote her the other day buy didn't bother answering.

I also filed complaints with PayPal, Internet Crime Complaint Center and Maumee PD. "

Cheers!

Last edited:
Did anyone call paypal? I dont understand we having to wait this long since there's widespread information of the account fraud.
I will call them but this will be on my local offices, not sure if they handle disputes from international purchases

Can someone please provide a link to the original FS thread? I've been unable to find it. Thanks ...

While its not right this guy scammed people, there is a reason you should not use gift payment and if you choose to, be prepared to lose your money.

I am, but thanks for imparting your wisdom on me.

Did anyone call paypal? I dont understand we having to wait this long since there's widespread information of the account fraud.
I will call them but this will be on my local offices, not sure if they handle disputes from international purchases

Yeah, given the transaction was made online, it should make no difference at all if you're international or local.

I gave PayPal a call and they said they money will get back to me if the person doesn't respond, if they do they will ask for a tracking number as confirmation of delivery. If the product is wrong (your case alex) you need to either send it back or take pictures of the products and everything, so don't throw anything away.
The paypal attendant made me a lot more calm.

I should trust my instincts next time, i'm glad i at least ordered another GPU locally in black friday deals, now i'll keep it.

I gave PayPal a call and they said they money will get back to me if the person doesn't respond, if they do they will ask for a tracking number as confirmation of delivery. If the product is wrong (your case alex) you need to either send it back or take pictures of the products and everything, so don't throw anything away.
The paypal attendant made me a lot more calm.

That's great news! Sure, i still have pictures of the box (front and back), the card (front and back) and the piece of shipment info with his/hers name and address and below you can see my name.

The card is currently in the US at a relative of mine and i am from Europe. My friend almost threw away the shipping info wrap but managed to salvage the part wich he photographed, the one with his name and address and below that mine.

I hope i don't have to give the card back as this will more than likely take more time to reach the same conclusion. And more than that, the card is a 5$ worth of hardware :)))) I took a closer look at the photos my friend sent me and it's a PNY 8400GS, so i hope they will just return the money and be done with it, so i can throw away that piece of junk.

Thanks for keeping us posted man! Really appreciate it!

Cheers

I also called Paypal and they will refund me my money on the 18th. They will also investigate the seller for fraud.

This is why I never do gift transactions unless it's a very small amount and I am willing to lose. I once got caught in a scam about 6 years back where someone was selling wholesale products stuff like Logitech keyboards and mice for 25-40% below retail. He actually sold and shipped a handful to 5 forum moderators to prove he was legit. He then said he was delayed in shipping some stuff out but was still taking orders. This guy was well respected with 4 years of history and over a thousand posts. I remember trying to send him $200 for a keyboard and headphones. He asked for gift which I was hesitant but sent it to him anyway. His account rejected my funds because it hit the funds cap so he told me to sent it to a different email. That's where I smelled something fishy so I sent him $70 for 1 product instead. 24 hours later he disappeared and took over $5K in cash from various forum users. Almost a hundred of us filed complaints but paypal never did anything because most of the transactions were gift. Lesson learned.

I also called Paypal and they will refund me my money on the 18th. They will also investigate the seller for fraud.

Just hung up the phone with paypal, i fell much better now, yup there is a possibility i might have to ship the piece of junk back to him but i doubt/hope he will not respond to paypal in time.

Looks like we're covered guys!

I trust in paypal. Last year i was scam by a ebayer, he sell 720p projector for 29usd.And you know what? He was sold near 400 of this unit when i place order. month after that i found out he was scam and i open a paypal dispute, and yes, they take back my money for me. I believe all of those 400 victim also have money back even the seller in China . :)

UPDATE: Upon seeing my message, April just closed the facebook account. I also sent the message to a couple of her friends letting them know she's a fraud!

yeah, i have bookmarked a couple of people on her friend list

https://www.facebook.com/melissa.warns?fref=st
https://www.facebook.com/brittany.sowle.3?fref=st
https://www.facebook.com/lyndsey.korotney?fref=st
https://www.facebook.com/josh.harding.39?fref=st
https://www.facebook.com/tonya.russell.75470?fref=st

Dude can you like give screenshots or something from when paypal votes in your favor? Maybe we can use that as leverage as well, if god helps me paypal decides to not cover some of us.

I'm keeping taps on this thread. Very informative and educational on how to spot a scam. Good luck guys. Sorry you guys are going through this.

I'm keeping taps on this thread. Very informative and educational on how to spot a scam. Good luck guys. Sorry you guys are going through this.

There really was no indication as this will be a scam, usually i'm fairly careful.

Everything was right: the age of the user on the forum, heatware feedback, before shipping he/she even gave me a picture of the box and of the card with the respective date and username. So it was pretty hard not to trust him/her.

At least paypal will do us right. Oh! And i have the complaint registered at CC wich will get him/her in a lot of trouble for being a fraud and a thief!

I just escalated to PayPal and gave them all our claim numbers. I have to wait three more days, since I was given a tracking number, but then PayPal will investigate. They'll see the tracking number was created on 12/1, but the package was never shipped.

I just escalated to PayPal and gave them all our claim numbers. I have to wait three more days, since I was given a tracking number, but then PayPal will investigate. They'll see the tracking number was created on 12/1, but the package was never shipped.

Thanks for the help! Did you give both of mine?

Get this guys: i wrote to April on facebook the day before yesterday, when i searched her profile yesterday it was closed but now, in facebook messenger, it writes: "April accepted your request" - now i have no clue what that means. Anybody can help?

Get this guys: i wrote to April on facebook the day before yesterday, when i searched her profile yesterday it was closed but now, in facebook messenger, it writes: "April accepted your request" - now i have no clue what that means. Anybody can help?

To everyone who keeps saying she 'closed' her Facebook account; she didn't, she just blocked you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back