Total War: Warhammer

You know damn well there won't be any RPG elements to the game wish there was and it would follow suit to Warhammer Online.

I just spent like 5 hours playing Total War Rome II the game is confusing as hell I mean I spent 6 hours on the Grand Campaign and didn't accomplish the first goal of capturing two Providences.
I'm not sure if this game will be the same or have a easier learning curve because with total war II I'm totally lost. I even watched a guy on Youtube and it didn't help much...

If you preorder in the first week you get the Chaos Warriors DLC

Decided to give Total War II another try it's all about Constructing stuff I think unless the enemy is totally building forces without me knowing it every Turn I take.

Last edited:
This is honestly one of the games i have wanted to see made for a long long time, ever since i played the First Rome total war game.

Since i actually own and painted some of the figures.

It is a shame they are going to treat it like every other total war game tho and milk the balls out of it and it is starting from release with the Chaos army being a "free preorder/early purchase dlc"

A writeup about Total War: Warhammer optimizations, including DX12! :

Optimisation Blog - Total War Wiki

Excerpt :

During Total War: Warhammer’s development, our programmers have dedicated more time to engine optimization than any other Total War game. The ultimate aim of this work is to utilise your PC’s resources more effectively, and balance those countless calculations the game performs at any given moment more evenly across CPU cores, while figuring out which tasks we can hand off to the GPU to execute. The net result is improved framerates across the spectrum of PC configurations.

We’re pleased to confirm that Total War: WARHAMMER will also be DX12 compatible, and our graphics team has been working in close concert with AMD’s engineers on the implementation. This will be patched in a little after the game launches, but we’re really happy with the DX12 performance we’re seeing so far, so watch this space!

Game DOES look good so far!

I love the concept of this, but I want to see it with the Space Marines and whatnot rather than the "medieval" type units.

A writeup about Total War: Warhammer optimizations, including DX12! :

Optimisation Blog - Total War Wiki

Excerpt :

Game DOES look good so far!

Nice, ill prob wait to get it until it has DX12 patch, i have waited this long for the game i can wait to play it in a better renderer from the start, and who knows maybe it will have a steam sale by then ;) granted you can get it for 20% off from greenmangaming right now. Coupon code: WAR20

I am fine waiting, i am engrossed in Black desert atm any way.

Yep, saw this for the first time this weekend on Twitch. Can't wait for it to drop tomorrow!

If you have a VR headset like the Google Cardboard you can view the trailer in VR. If you're cheap like me you can 360 panoramic in the trailer by clicking and dragging the image in the trailer around. Yes, this is the best use of Youtube 360 yet! And the trailer has a 4K option. ;)

I couldn't help waiting - I just picked it up on Steam and its nearly downloaded now, I hope its as good as all the reviews and videos I've seen.

I couldn't help waiting - I just picked it up on Steam and its nearly downloaded now, I hope its as good as all the reviews and videos I've seen.
I watched enough YouTube and Twitch streams of the game to discern that it looks freaking amazing. Had to stop myself as I wanted to actually experience it in game, but from the PC Gamer review every faction is like playing a completely different game, which means lots of replayability and lots of hours I can put into one game. I get sick of spending $40-60 for a handful of hours, building and managing empires is my kinda "money well spent" scenario.

any word on when the dx12 patch will drop? I looked at some gameplay videos and this looks like EXACTLY the sort of game that would benefit from dx12, they even talked up shifting things to the compute shader instead of the pixel shaders, so this seems like amd cards should punch above their weight.

any word on when the dx12 patch will drop? I looked at some gameplay videos and this looks like EXACTLY the sort of game that would benefit from dx12, they even talked up shifting things to the compute shader instead of the pixel shaders, so this seems like amd cards should punch above their weight.

Above their weight? I'd say at their weight, finally.

Haven't seen a date for dX12, but I'd guess a couple weeks after launch and/or after the first update & unit balances. Once these are settled then they should introduce DX12 and have performance spike way up and smooth out gameplay.

Can't get the game to run installed a updated patch but from reading the Steam forums....

Sometimes the game Creash and reset my PC it sims its overheating my GPU . I have GTX 960 4 GB and play on High .... Any solution whot i should turn off so the game wont overheat it??? It happens on the campagin Map . Or meaby there is a diferent res...
Posted by: saban, 8:35am
" style="position: relative; height: 48px; margin-bottom: 2px; padding-right: 15px; padding-left: 5px; background-color: rgba(84, 133, 183, 0.4);">

comment_quoteicon.png
Just now
forum_topicicon_unread.png

Game Crash and reset my PC
saban
sp I have tried 3 times 2 times I had to restart my pc since it totaly froze and nothign worked other time I managed to get out of TWW
Posted by: Arch Demon, 8:34am
" style="position: relative; height: 48px; margin-bottom: 2px; padding-right: 15px; padding-left: 5px; background-color: rgba(84, 133, 183, 0.4);">
comment_quoteicon.png
2 minutes ago

everything crashes when clicking on multiplayer
Arch Demon
Game Freezes the moment the first Warhammer screen pops up (w/ the CA and SEGA logo.) Any fix to this? Edit (1 hour later at 1:10A): Hi All, I fixed mine by doing the following: 1) Updating Drivers 2) Making sure Firewall does not block Warhammer or St...
Posted by: [ABSO] Tempus, 2:30am
Last post: Spectre, 8:34am
comment_quoteicon.png
2 minutes ago

Freezing at First Warhammer Screen
[ABSO] Tempus
loading page forever forcing me to ctrl + alt + tab, cant even get ingame, stuck on page sigh...
Posted by: jhonbanting22, 8:33am
comment_quoteicon.png
3 minutes ago

stuck on loading page
jhonbanting22
Saved personal key bindings... all key bindings disappeared from the key bindings menu upon re-initialising of game. Keyboard works fine. Just wouldn't bind groups, rotate camera, etc. WOULD let me alt-tab out of game. Trying to be calm about this when I'...
Posted by: CasperGhost, 8:33am
comment_quoteicon.png
3 minutes ago

Key bindings FAIL.
CasperGhost
hat noch jemand das problem das das spiel nach dem starten im luncher nicht läuft? ich hab jetzt schon alles versucht offline modus, fire wall aus und auf fehler gesucht. nichts will funktionieren... bitte um hilfe!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Wehrmacht-dennsowas, 8:33am
comment_quoteicon.png
3 minutes ago

windows Error after start in the luncher (Deutsch)
Wehrmacht-dennsowas
Any one else getting this where the game won't even launch I press play and nothing happens, same as if I go and launch the .exe directly i'm well into the reccomended specs
Posted by: MarkusWhiteus, 5:33am
Last post: Vilrath, 8:32am
comment_quoteicon.png
5 minutes ago

Game doesn't even launch
MarkusWhiteus
Like most games I get "Input not supported". Is there any ini or other method to changing the resolution without having to see the in game options? Thanks
Posted by: Timex, 4:41am
Last post: KaozLegion, 8:31am
comment_quoteicon.png
5 minutes ago

Can I change the resolution before launch?
Timex
Does anyone else who runs the game at high resolutions like 4K have problems with the UI being too small? It's barely readable. Anyone know if it is possible to edit files to make the entire UI larger?
Posted by: Zelderan, 7:54am
Last post: Rem, 8:29am
comment_quoteicon.png
7 minutes ago

4K UI Scaling?
Zelderan
The Total War Launcher says my drivers might need updating. What does that mean? It hasn't been a problem with any of the other games on my computer, ever. So why is it a problem with this one?
Posted by: [NerdsInc]_Creator, 8:11am
Last post: zidanny, 8:27am
comment_quoteicon.png
9 minutes ago

Drivers?
[NerdsInc]_Creator
Just the title, I press "Play" and it is about to launch but the window saying "Total War Launcher Has Stopped Working" just pops up and it doesn't work. Yes, I have tried the things you copy/paste in every support thread. I have tried everything else an...
Posted by: MuSHr00mpiCKl3s, 8:26am
comment_quoteicon.png
10 minutes ago

Total War Launcher has stopped working
MuSHr00mpiCKl3s
u click mp and then it freezes...
Posted by: Medicus, 7:28am
Last post: Doug, 8:25am
comment_quoteicon.png
12 minutes ago

Multiplayer doesnt work
Medicus
Hey there, some people are enjoying the new total war game. I would have to, if i hadnt install the latest nvidia driver 368.22 for my graphic card GTX 770 2gb. I had terrible performance, verry verry bad fps. like 10-15 fps max. Changing the settings di...
Posted by: EternalSilence, 8:13am
Last post: MagusDraco, 8:23am
comment_quoteicon.png
13 minutes ago

Do NOT install latest Nvidia driver 368.22 --> bad fps

Nvidia driver issues? I would guess they'll be issuing a support driver soon.

Can't wait to play tonight! :)

I guess it fixed with the Nvidia update playing now except think I'm going to command the most Human looking Army otherwise it looks like a Mess Game is kinda dark too but I have my gamma turned down a bit.

Game is Nice! I really suck at the Total War series though

I played the heck out of the original Total War Shogun (still have the box!), and some Shogun 2. Skipped all the others.

Funny enough, this will be my first non-Shogun Total War!

I've never played a Total War game before. I watched 30 mins of tutorials this morning and played a couple of tutorial battles and it started to make sense. Game is pretty tough for a beginner though. Which I gotta say, I really like.

Ended up just getting it, since i wanted the chaos army any way.

Chaos are the ones i painted.

182592_525542890843522_1586253733_n.jpg

Have not tried the chaos army yet, started with greenskins since it had an introduction battle ect. but on the surface i am not liking the sound of the chaos play style where they have no settlements that is a bit of a let down, will have to try them before i pass too much judgement on them tho.

Finally got to play a few hours and this games looks and feels amazing. Good atmosphere, CPU multi-threading seems balanced between 30% to 60% except for one cpu thread pegged at 100%(which hopefully will get fixed), and Crossfire efficiency is a solid 100% from what I can see on my rig. Do not think v-sync is working properly though.

I'll be playing this game for quite some time, can't wait for DX12!

This game is awesome! Best Total War game they've made in quite some time, in my opinion. They've really gotten the Warhammer flavor and heroes down well. I've had no issues thus far and I'm playing it at 4k resolution with Ultra settings. Combat is a beast, you can never take fight for granted. Troop placement on the terrain can be critical as well as using your ranged troops to rain down hell on the melee troops. Just started getting some heros with magic spell abilities. Magic is just plain fun. Highly recommend this game. I just hope they have some of the missing races coming soon via DLC. They don't have Elves or the Lizardman race, I forget their name off the top of my head.

Yes the game is all kinds of awesome! :). I'm really pleasantly surprised with this release!

Can't wait for the weekend when I'll have some time to really play!

For the races, CA was taking suggestions, and I would guess we'll be seeing a lot more of them. Right now i think they probably choose the ones they thought would give the most variance in gameplay to start.

Yes, that's probably true. I hope they do Bretonnia (it looks as if some are in already as NPC factions), then Elves (High Elves, Dark Elves and Wood Elves), Lizardman and Skaven would be the main ones I'd like to see.I'm sure there's probably some others as well I'm not thinking of. Really enjoy how they're making them match up well to the tabletop rules. Makes combat very different depending on who you're fighting. Does anyone know how you add troops from an Army to increase your garrison or can you? I finally figured out how to embed heroes with the army, seemed obvious once I figured it out...

Damn the lack of UI scaling options is an absolute show stopper for me. I submitted a request to SEGA, I'm sure they'll send it right up the chain of command, lol.

Is anybody else having a hard time with the tiny UI? Anybody on a 4K monitor?

Yep, I am playing it on a 4k monitor and it's a 27 inch one, what size is yours Superjoe? I noticed that it only does 100% UI scaling for some reason. Which I thought was weird. I have to look a bit closer for some of the smaller text. But so far not a deal breaker. I did have trouble figuring out were to set the province wide polices though, they give you certain bonuses to the whole province. It's this little blue button in the lower left hand side of the screen. Took me forever to figure out. I'll have to put up a screen shot of my screen.

Combat is very challenging, I've now conquered my home province, though Chaos armies are starting to roam the land quite heavily. My capital has now been attacked at least 4 times. One time a dwarf ally saved it. But now I'm back in firm control of it. I've also taken another main capital city in another province that I'm in the process of building up. Oh steam tanks are the bomb, they don't break and flee from combat they hit hard and are way tough with armor. However, they do move slow and fire slow. Great to use against Giant units and Chaos Heros though. Some of those Chaos Heros are just nasty.

Mine is the Dell 3415W, 34". Its a little better now since I am getting more familiar and don't need to scrutinize each button to know what it does. But the 100% that you're looking at I believe is resolution scaling, not UI scaling.

Otherwise very very fun. I've never played another Total War except Shogun and I only played it for a couple hours before shelving it. And I tend to not like fantasy settings, but this game is still entertaining the hell out of me.

Mine is the Dell 3415W, 34". Its a little better now since I am getting more familiar and don't need to scrutinize each button to know what it does. But the 100% that you're looking at I believe is resolution scaling, not UI scaling.

Otherwise very very fun. I've never played another Total War except Shogun and I only played it for a couple hours before shelving it. And I tend to not like fantasy settings, but this game is still entertaining the hell out of me.

Yes, it is resolution scaling I think as well. However, another game I play EVE Online allows the UI to scale quite a bit more then just 100% so you can adjust the text and the UI so it's more readable at 4k and other higher resolutions.

Back