Torchlight 2

this game is awesome... wow. I forgot how easy it is to get hooked on it.. the first one sucked me in like this.. btw, turned off AA in game and enabled it via game profile in drivers and all stuttering issues are gone.

I can understand why you guys want SLI enabled, I mean you did pay for the hardware, however I don't think this game is very graphically intensive.
Yeah, not a big deal. I was having some frame rate issues and my GPU was maxed out at 100% but when I restarted the game it was normal again and locked at 60fps. So SLI isn't needed.

Man, is this game awesome or what?!

Everything about it just feels so right. The skill system, stat points, the pacing of leveling/item drops....it all just feels so satisfying and rewarding.

I created an Outlander and intended to play for just 15 minutes or so before I went to bed.... A couple hours later and I'm level 14 lol. I am hooked.

So I am playing an Outlander, and had no real problems up until I hit general grell. 20+ deaths later, and very little damage done to the boss, or his adds, I said fuck it.

Hitting a retarded wall after coasting through the game is lame.

So I am playing an Outlander, and had no real problems up until I hit general grell. 20+ deaths later, and very little damage done to the boss, or his adds, I said fuck it.

Hitting a retarded wall after coasting through the game is lame.

I'm playing on Veteran and I didn't die once against him. I just spent a lot of time kiting and tried to get him and his minions grouped together so I could use Shadowshot to damage them all together. And I used that entangling roots type skill to root Grell at times.

I don't know how much changes between Veteran and Elite, so I dunno. I just know I can't stand still long enough to shoot more than a few arrows/bullets. It doesn't even make a dent in the bosses health.

Between this and Borderlands 2 , I'm going to be pretty damn happy for a while. Its a great time for games right now :)

Played to level 14 yesterday, found 3-4 uniques. How many legendaries did you find by level 14 in D3? None? :D Having a good time so far, but admittedly I had a good time during Normal mode in D3 as well. We'll see how long I enjoy TL2 for. Playing on Veteran, but think I am going to bump it up to Elite.

Registration is up! Hurry before the West Coast crew wakes up!

"Your account is registered and ready for Torchlight II internet play!"

Sweet, thanks for the heads up. Took a few refreshes after entering my Steam info, but got it done.

LOL I found a unique/rare within my first 5 minutes of playing, can't use til lv 6 though.

Finally online play is up.

I think it's the fact that the ai is not smart. I'm playing an Outlander and if a mob is slightly around a corner, I can click the mob to shoot it and my shots clip the corner and don't hit the mob. The game isn't smart enough to realize that I'm not hitting the mob and just keeps firing like I am, doing no damage. I have to move around a little to find the magic spot that lets me hit the mob. Same for mobs above/below a level

Yeah I'm having the same issue. Started playing a berzerker because the outlander was getting obnoxious.

I like the skill system of PoE better, but so far the game is awesome.

I agree and I mused over this for many hours awaiting this game's launch. Then I realized an important fact. PoE is effectively free and TL2 is $20. For a total investment of $20 I have both.

My only regret was spending $60 on D3 to play with my friends. I could have had 4 player TL2 and PoE for that money. Regardless of whether or not you like D3 it's overpriced for the genre.

·PitBuLL·;1039159898 said:
I'll just say this:

I am not typically a fan of the RPG/ARPG genre. I enjoyed D3 in my first playthrough and never touched it since. To be honest, I appreciated its simplicity.

I love TL2. Glad I pre-ordered. However, I know as I progress through the game I'm going to regret how I leveled my character. I r teh n00b!

There is character in the first town that lets you buy your spent skill points back. Nice touch.

Lots of nice touches in this game, but I have yet to figure out how to quickly transfer items to my pet.

Level 1x Berserker, and whaling on things with exotic brass knuckles has never been so much fun.

[edit] I've just come off a sixty hour TL1 binge and the thing that stands out the most is how well the music fits in TL2. It's nice to hear parts of the same tracks in the game.

Last edited:
There is character in the first town that lets you buy your spent skill points back. Nice touch.

Lots of nice touches in this game, but I have yet to figure out how to quickly transfer items to my pet.

Level 1x Berserker, and whaling on things with exotic brass knuckles has never been so much fun.

Shift click transfers items to pet.

Trying to figure what stats to go with Engi. Pumped 5 points into Dex accidentally. Probably should go straight Strength and Vit.

I believe that NPC will only allow you to buy back your previous 3 skill points, not all at once. I don't know if you can do multiple buy-backs at once though.

Shift click hasn't been working for me. Items don't move, and fish get applied to my pet.

Now that I think of it more, it's probably one of those annoying 'fuck you, lefthanded mouser' things.

Shift click transfers items to pet.

Trying to figure what stats to go with Engi. Pumped 5 points into Dex accidentally. Probably should go straight Strength and Vit.

I have been typically spending 2 on strength and 1 on each other stat every level up.

I didn't get to play too much last night. Only got to level 6, but I am super excited to play some more. I'm a little worried about my skill choices. I'm hoping a full respec option is implemented at some point. I can't even find a talent calculator, so I'm not sure how stat distribution and skill distribution is going to affect builds. I'll almost certainly regret somthing about my build choice later in the game.

Other than that, party on dude!

In the beta they had allowed you to respec fully, but you would lose like 3 overall skill points. Not sure if that is the right idea, either, though. I think I'd prefer like BL2 where you can fully respec but it costs a fair bit of money.

I believe that NPC will only allow you to buy back your previous 3 skill points, not all at once. I don't know if you can do multiple buy-backs at once though.

There will probably be a mod/trainer that'll let you do it, if you really wanted to go that route.

In the beta they had allowed you to respec fully, but you would lose like 3 overall skill points. Not sure if that is the right idea, either, though. I think I'd prefer like BL2 where you can fully respec but it costs a fair bit of money.

I agree. Let me respec, make it cost me, but make it cost me in an area that I can build up again later.

I didn't get to play too much last night. Only got to level 6, but I am super excited to play some more. I'm a little worried about my skill choices. I'm hoping a full respec option is implemented at some point. I can't even find a talent calculator, so I'm not sure how stat distribution and skill distribution is going to affect builds. I'll almost certainly regret somthing about my build choice later in the game.

Other than that, party on dude!

Haha, I think I'm about level 6 or 7 as well. I didn't play the beta so I just looked over the skills briefly and figured I'd save my points for a few levels until my basic attack/skill started feeling weak.

Basically, I don't yet know how many total points I should expect from playing/leveling, and I also don't know what the "tiers" do; it looks like it takes 15 skill points to take a skill from tier 1 to tier 2...will it be another 15 to tier 3? Let the theorycrafting begin!

Still unable to get in all last night.......But I'm perfectly ok with that.
Borderlands 2, Diablo 3, and TL2 is a bit much for me to handle all at once.

Yeah, I'm super interested to learn more about the skill trees. I've tried to be conservative in my skill choices so far, limiting myself to 1 tree and investing in what I think are the smart, effective at later levels, skills (IE: Percentage boosts etc.). Hopefully we see some accurate theory and a talent calculator soon!

First game was very easy on Normal, so I'm on the higher one. Mistake? Read a review that said this one is actually challenging (assuming they were talking normal).

Hopefully I don't regret going higher. Would also hate to go back and find out it's easy. I'll have a better idea the more I keep playing whether it is just right for me. I have way too many games to play through, I want to get it right the first time, not breeze through it and do it again.

First game was very easy on Normal, so I'm on the higher one. Mistake? Read a review that said this one is actually challenging (assuming they were talking normal).

Hopefully I don't regret going higher. Would also hate to go back and find out it's easy. I'll have a better idea the more I keep playing whether it is just right for me. I have way too many games to play through, I want to get it right the first time, not breeze through it and do it again.

If you want to change the difficulty, just create a LAN game. You don't need to invite anyone.

Yeah I'm playing on Vet and far as difficulty is so far it's more in line with nightmare D3 where you can die if you don't pay attention but can still make it through easy with some basic strategy.

So it's good, I guess it'll bump up a bit in later acts

Played several hours last night and messed around with each class, still don't know who I like the best! blargggg

Actually, in the beta you can respec until you are lvl 10 or past lvl 10 (one or the other) then you can't respec anymore.

Level 10 Outlander here. I love this game so far.

The loot drops are so refreshing after D3. I also enjoy being able to allocate stat points.

I think I'd be enjoying this game at twice the price. I hope they allow for community mods like in the first game. If so, this game is a tremendous value. I'm probably done with D3 for a while as I just don't have the time or money to get better equipment.

They will. But the mod stuff will be released in a month or so.

I started off on Veteran, because I typically find "Normal" to be a breeze in most games. So far it feels about right for a first play through. Not frustratingly difficult, but regular monsters can kill you if you are careless and allow yourself to get swamped, and bosses are a challenge. You can't just facetank them like in D3.

Outlander - Pistols or Shotgonne? (situational, use the 'W' key to change when AoE is needed)

Multiplayer - Browser

So I found you can change shadow resolution in the local_settings.txt in my documents

default 1024
0EDD789448A7719052EE475609975BFD9F78C153

7C69048B0F9CD50EAB3B3929A115A38140A41415

4096 (unplayable framerates for me)
5AAB1C11E068CAADFFDB7938601415503B5E2146

Is the modding stuff for it out yet? If not, do they have an ETA? Any word on using Steam Workshop?

Back