Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint

This

I had fun playing with you on Saturday Stryder, this game is a lot more fun co-op than soloing.

When the beta, and the full game comes out, we will definitely have to squad up.

Also, I fixed my prone problem lol, I changed the bind to hold ctrl instead of press.
Yea it was really fun! I have you added in Uplay so we can definitely squad up.

This

I had fun playing with you on Saturday Stryder, this game is a lot more fun co-op than soloing.

When the beta, and the full game comes out, we will definitely have to squad up.

Also, I fixed my prone problem lol, I changed the bind to hold ctrl instead of press.
Hmm. Co-op focused? I was expecting this to be single player oriented, with The Division 2 being the co-op game.

Hmm. Co-op focused? I was expecting this to be single player oriented, with The Division 2 being the co-op game.

Ghost Recon Wildlands was made for 2-4 player co-op and this is basically its sequel.
T
Playing single player was doable but it was much more fun with friends.

Reactions: Dan_D
like this
This is my weekend
Preload.jpg

I'm a bit annoyed that after playing the hell out of wildlands and being on of its biggest fans at least of the single player part, they didn't invite me into either the alpha or the beta.

I'm a bit annoyed that after playing the hell out of wildlands and being on of its biggest fans at least of the single player part, they didn't invite me into either the alpha or the beta.
It's weird how they decided on the invites. One way to get into the Beta is to pre-order the game via UPlay.

How much did you do to be one of the biggest fans? How do you estimate that exactly? Were you in a special focus group in contact with the devs? Helped out with the forum community and been well known? Or are you just venting?

Got an invite as well. Didn't get to play much of the Technical Test, so looking forward to trying more of the game out. Wildlands was "okay" in my opinion, but I'm after more of the Franchise's roots than today's MP driven game play. Still, as people like to say in relation to less healthy food, "it makes a turd".

How much did you do to be one of the biggest fans? How do you estimate that exactly? Were you in a special focus group in contact with the devs? Helped out with the forum community and been well known? Or are you just venting?
You seem to be the one having to vent. In what way is my post threatening to you? You have a claim on being the biggest fan or what? I didn't say I was the biggest fan anyway. I'm just frustrated that I invested an incredible amount of time and effort in the game and still got ignored. It's not something you can measure exactly.

It is frustrating when I see dozens of people getting invites who think of wildlands as meh and probably didn't play it nearly as much especially on the hardest difficulty with permadeath.

Got an invite as well. Didn't get to play much of the Technical Test, so looking forward to trying more of the game out. Wildlands was "okay" in my opinion, but I'm after more of the Franchise's roots than today's MP driven game play. Still, as people like to say in relation to less healthy food, "it makes a turd".
The tech test was a bit rough around the edges but I found that the game has a ton of potential. The difference between Wildlands and Breakpoint is that you're severely out gunned in Breakpoint. The enemy is overwhelmingly more powerful (at least at the beginning) and uses tech like drone hives to take you out pretty quickly. What I' m looking forward too is what improvements they've made since the tech test, A lot of the menus and inventory control elements weren't complete. I also found that the performance was pretty bad.

The tech test was a bit rough around the edges but I found that the game has a ton of potential. The difference between Wildlands and Breakpoint is that you're severely out gunned in Breakpoint. The enemy is overwhelmingly more powerful (at least at the beginning) and uses tech like drone hives to take you out pretty quickly. What I' m looking forward too is what improvements they've made since the tech test, A lot of the menus and inventory control elements weren't complete. I also found that the performance was pretty bad.

Experienced much of that too, most notably the performance. It did succeed in giving me the feeling you're describing however; that of being wildly out-numbered and needing to be very careful in the early encounters. I enjoyed that aspect. When I played Division 1, I made a mini-game of sneaking around the DZ when playing solo. Successfully extracting when there were Rogues around created a bit of a 'high' that these scenarios might reproduce. In lieu of a proper Splinter Cell, I can suffice with playing hide and seek with my sniper rifle.

If you preorder you get a auto invite the download will show up on the front UBI U-play launcher page.

Alright, I don't put a load of stock in IGN Previews / Reviews, but here is what one of them is saying after playing 6 hrs:

Story = laughably bad (*sigh*)
CO-OP = Best part of the game, better than Wildlands
MP= Also good, surprisingly

EDIT: Also, found 40 mins of gameplay:

Last edited:
cool they have snow this time around 3:50
Looks awesome at 4:22 they must of dropped in more textures
I'm going to play some MP for sure when the game launches not sure if they will let you tomorrow.

The sci-fi, super villain shit is really stupid. It's really unfortunate that this is what Ghost Recon has become.

Alright, I don't put a load of stock in IGN Previews / Reviews, but here is what one of them is saying after playing 6 hrs:

That is extremely disheartening. I expected the single player story to be the focal point. They already have The division 2 for co-op and multi-player.

That is extremely disheartening. I expected the single player story to be the focal point. They already have The division 2 for co-op and multi-player.

I felt the same way. Granted, the opinion is based off 5 hours in the campaign & 1 in MP, so we should probably take this with a grain of salt. Based off Wildlands however, he is probably still right. It is a bummer. So few value SP anymore. Even the reviewer's attitude was "now let's get to the important stuff" = co-op & MP.

No one has really mentioned how this game has basically turned into an open world looter shooter either. It seems to be staying tactical, so as long as it's fun... whatever I guess. I'll buy the base game and save my money for the likes of CP2077.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
The sci-fi, super villain shit is really stupid. It's really unfortunate that this is what Ghost Recon has become.

Ubisoft has literally turned Rainbow Six into a zombie game. I'm not joking, they're literally ripping off Left 4 Dead and slapping "Rainbow Six" to the title. Considering that, this looks pretty damn amazing. LOL.

Literally every Ubisoft game now milks micro transactions, even single player ones. But it is much easier to do with an online component. Wildlands was designed co-op first so expect this to be the same. Even Far Cry 5 was designed around being co-op. They further dumbed down the narrative quality, made the protagonist a mute, and refer to the player as "them" even when playing offline. Lazy.

like this
Ubisoft has literally turned Rainbow Six into a zombie game. I'm not joking, they're literally ripping off Left 4 Dead and slapping "Rainbow Six" to the title. Considering that, this looks pretty damn amazing. LOL.

Rainbow Six hasn't been Rainbow Six since the third game. It's embarrassing what Ubisoft did to Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon. They pioneered the tactical shooter genre, and then desecrated it. The fact that younger gamers think that this is what tactical shooters are... it's a real bummer.

Crawling in the swamp :D

Noon today is the Beta along with the Packers Bears game.

The games are piling up for me. I have Control, Gears 5, this Beta and then Borderlands 3 right around the corner. There's not enough hours in the day!

like this
The games are piling up for me. I have Control, Gears 5, this Beta and then Borderlands 3 right around the corner. There's not enough hours in the day!

Quit your Job problem solved

My current games are Borderlands 3 next week Greedfall and Ghost Recon Breakpoint followed by Call of Duty MW and Outer Worlds I probably wont' finish any of them except for Borderlands 3.

It's live it feels alot more realistic than The Division 2 character movment wise Ai isn't dumb the first stage crash site of the feels kinda boring but I'm sure it picks up the servers are down pretty soon. Bolivia with Wildlands was pretty nice looking so I hope it's the same with this game.

I'm not going to play it anymore I mean nothing saves anyway :p

Backpacks on the character just look funny I mean it's like playing Pokemon GO downtown and everyone is wearing a backpack I mean I'm sure it's for realisim but games are simulated realism anyway. I like the character customization in Wildlands better.

Last edited:

I don't either, because many have said the same about wildlands, and I found the story there to be extremely immersive. In a quasi realistic game a good story is not determined by how twisty it is or how many red herrings can it pile on top of each other, what makes a good story is plausibility.
So my biggest concern is not the story but the possible presence of super bullet sponge drones.
That can ruin the entire game, as jammers and nanosuit soldiers ruined the core gameplay in fallen ghosts.

Played about 3 hours of the Beta earlier, cover most the ground I had in the Tech Test. Was getting 38-42 fps on the Very High preset with the rig in my Sig. 4k res @60Hz with 80% Scaling enabled. Was defdefinitely smoother this go around. I'm building a new rig this weekend, eager to see what it will do.

EDIT:

Thought this preview summed up most my thoughts on the game fairly well;

Last edited:
like this
Press F1 in the game for this to pop up. Not bad performance considering I'm running on almost maxed out settings. Screenshot doesn't do it justice;game looks beautiful. I only had one CTD so far.

upload_2019-9-6_4-49-41.png

Last edited:
Press F1 in the game for this to pop up. Not bad performance considering I'm running on almost maxed out settings. Screenshot doesn't do it justice;game looks beautiful. I only had one CTD so far.

View attachment 185358

Damn. 55fps @1440 with a 2080ti? Guess I'll hold out for a bit, my aging 1070 will probably not cut it at the same resolution.

I have not played any Ghost Recon games,tried a few and did not like them.This Beta though I really enjoy it and it runs OK and scenery is awesome,textures ,visuals gameplay is fun for me.
3440x1440 Max out in game

On my setup, I maxed it out in the last beta at 3440x1440 with an RTX 2080 Ti. It did over 60FPS pretty much all the time. A friend of mine is playing this beta, which I don't have access to and he says that it runs better than it did during the original technical test.

Damn. 55fps @1440 with a 2080ti? Guess I'll hold out for a bit, my aging 1070 will probably not cut it at the same resolution.

Well, I am running everything on Ultra and maxed out.

I will post a screenshot of graphics setting later. I think your card will be able to run the game fine, just not on Ultra. Also, I am using a 144hz G Sync monitor

Back