Titanfall 2

Wow... The review from Kotaku was glowing. http://kotaku.com/titanfall-2-the-kotaku-review-1788374693

"Titanfall 2 is one of the year’s best games and a remarkably wonderful surprise. The campaign is revelatory. It is impeccably designed. The multiplayer might not reach the same heights but it still manages to offer a highly charged experience.

Bold enthusiasm for a game often summons skeptic or contrarians. Pay them no heed. Titanfall 2 is impressive. Its influence will ripple through video games in the same way that titles like Half Life or Halo managed in their time. Beautiful and bold, Titanfall 2 is the pinnacle of first person shooters."

For the first time in ever, I preordered and preloaded a game. Having a 19 yr old son who loves gaming helps as I get his feedback on which games are something I might find interesting vs meh. I was also tired of getting pwnd by him because I would delay for weeks allowing him time to completely level up- for once I'm at level 40 and he's at 31 because he had to work over the weekend and I took Friday off. :)

The SP is big fun and while it allows you to get a little feel for the mechanics of movement and firing, it will not really help much once you get dropped into the shit of multi - you will die.

The Smart Pistol is gone as a fulltime weapon, but is available as a 'boost' weapon.

The maps are big enough to use a titan comfortably, but not so big (think "Training Ground") as to be a PITA for p v p. Last Titan Standing (LTS) is fun...having the shields gone as a thing takes some getting used to as does the Titan+weapon hard pairing but overall I think this is a big improvement over TF1.

My new 6700K build with the "old" GTX 970 SSC (EVGA) runs a consistent 70-80 fps (command line option for fps display) in most maps, but drops to 60ish on "Shipwreck"- this at 1920x1200 with all the settings on high.

Overall I'm very pleased.

Just finished single player last night, it was fun!! I wish there was more.

The multiplayer is just as crazy and fun. The level design is much better and the Bounty Hunter game mode is a riot. So far no complaints.

I'm a few hours into the campaign and I've been loving it so far. Combat is very refined and there are plenty of moments to make use of the wall running technique and double-jump which are incredibly satisfying to pull off. The story is also pretty good and the bond between the pilot and the titan is a nice touch. I got my fill of multiplayer with the first one so I'm not sure if I'll get into it much but we'll see. I hope it has Frontier Defense mode because that's what I ended up liking the most when they brought it to the first one.

EDIT: As for how it looks and runs, it's great on my computer but I've had three crashes already. Hopefully I'll find out what's causing it.

Last edited:
Is there any way to hold shift to sprint instead of having to toggle it on and off?

Same deal with aiming. Is there any way to hold the right mouse button to aim down the sights rather than have to toggle it on and off?

Is there any way to hold shift to sprint instead of having to toggle it on and off?

Same deal with aiming. Is there any way to hold the right mouse button to aim down the sights rather than have to toggle it on and off?

Yeah should be in the control options, just need to change it. I had the same problem as well xD

besides that I'm loving this game and so glad they are following the old school method of free updates to the game.

Yeah should be in the control options, just need to change it. I had the same problem as well xD

besides that I'm loving this game and so glad they are following the old school method of free updates to the game.

I didn't see the option, but I'll check again when I get home.

is there any demo/trial for the pc? I might pick this up in a week or two but im unsure (I didn't like the console version, want to see the pc)

is there any demo/trial for the pc? I might pick this up in a week or two but im unsure (I didn't like the console version, want to see the pc)
This game qualifies for Origin's "Great Game Guarantee," meaning you can get a full refund back to your bank/credit/cash account for any reason. You have to initiate the refund within 24 hours of launching the game for the first time, though, so don't forget.

This game qualifies for Origin's "Great Game Guarantee," meaning you can get a full refund back to your bank/credit/cash account for any reason. You have to initiate the refund within 24 hours of launching the game for the first time, though, so don't forget.
Thats alright I guess, I prefer thier 10 Hour trial instead even if it was tied to their origin access system like BF1 was. My issue is in a 24 Hour period I might only have 1-2 Hours to play so having the 24 Hour window really limits the trial lol.

Thats alright I guess, I prefer thier 10 Hour trial instead even if it was tied to their origin access system like BF1 was. My issue is in a 24 Hour period I might only have 1-2 Hours to play so having the 24 Hour window really limits the trial lol.
Ja, I don't know why EA decided to not include this game with Origin Access. I guess they didn't have a lot of faith in this game?

Ja, I don't know why EA decided to not include this game with Origin Access. I guess they didn't have a lot of faith in this game?
EA is serving as the publisher, not owning the actual company - Respawn retains its independence, unlike DICE.

Can't see how they would consider this a surprise given that the game is competing with one of their products (BF1) plus also competing with the Behemoth that is Infinite Warfare / MW combo.

Those don't help, but even more counter productive is Respawn's insistence on console closed design philosophies which in the long run have contributed to CoD dying on PC. Open the damn game up to the community and I bet it would quickly thrive.

Origin downloads are so slow. This is like watching paint dry. Steam is 2 1/2 times faster than Origin.

http://www.pcgamer.com/ea-share-pri...ubstantially-disappointing-titanfall-2-sales/

http://www.pcgamer.com/titanfall-2-tanks-on-uk-physical-sales-charts-despite-multiplatform-release/

TF2 is tanking hard, at this rate I should be able to pick it up on a $5 Origin sale in about 9 months or less like I did with TF1.

I am not too sure if the second link matters when a over-growing majority are downloading digitally. We will have to see, but I agree that all these MP shooter games releasing so close to each other may not be great and Titanfall 2 could get forgotten among all the others. However, I think it'll recover. It literally just launched on Friday. I think people are too quick to jump on negative news. We will see the numbers after the holidays.

I have heard nothing but good things regarding Titanfall 2 and I can't wait to play it. Just got it in from Gamefly the other day.

Now Origin is running at 5MBps. I'm going to cut myself. ;(

Shut it down. Forget it.

Origin did some client update on me. That might have something to do with it. I've had comparable to Steam speeds sometimes with them but it's a lot more inconsistent.

You wanna see something a lot worse? PSN. Sony is stuck in the stone age. Origin is uber tech in contrast.

I think we are at a place where people are tired of futuristic fiction games. And many have already scorned Infinite Warfare on this same narrative. Its just not what sells right now no matter how fluid the motion with game play.

As I think about this with Infinite Warfare I think it's such a turn off when players die they float to the ceiling. And now again with TF2 we have large pieces of machinery falling out of the sky that are happy to take in players.

It's just all too weird.

This is the main reason CSGO is a success because its based on real guns like old school COD.

I think we are at a place where people are tired of futuristic fiction games. And many have already scorned Infinite Warfare on this same narrative. Its just not what sells right now no matter how fluid the motion with game play.

As I think about this with Infinite Warfare I think it's such a turn off when players die they float to the ceiling. And now again with TF2 we have large pieces of machinery falling out of the sky that are happy to take in players.

It's just all too weird.

This is the main reason CSGO is a success because its based on real guns like old school COD.

That and you can run it on a toaster.

I need to find out who did the voice work for BT. That voice is awesome and I've heard it in other games. I'm loving the banter between pilot and titan.

Is PCGamer being paid by Activision to write this dribble lol.

No, I think the game was launched at the wrong time and sales are down because of an influx of AAA+ game releases. But honestly I could care less as the campaign is FREAKING SICK! Hell the little timed training run is better than what I read about on websites. This game is really, really good!

Also if there was ever a game that deserved to be on Steam, TitanFall 2 does. All of the sales that they are missing from just word of mouth has to make the developers sad.

Whoever it was... the SP is respectable and all but it sure as hell ain' Half Life 2. LOL, let's not get carried away here.

I'm having a ton of fun on Hard difficulty. That's what the game suggested my skill level was. As many times that I have died, I think it overestimated by abilities! :)

Yeah... while I enjoyed the single player campaign (and Effect and Cause will go down as one of the more unique experiences in gaming) I think calling it HL2 is a bit much. PC Gamer and Kotaku both gushed a bit hard for it. It's a solid 4/5 and possibly feels better given the campaigns in recent Call of Duty and Battlefield games. It was trope-y as all hell with the boss characters, and the plot itself is pretty predictable.

The difficulty is all over the place - I haven't messed with difficulty all that much but I would imagine the enemy health values probably are what gets adjusted. Some areas are just plain unfair: all of the boss fights are situations where you're outnumbered and certain titan loadouts (Scorch) are just unbearable if you're down 2:1. There's an achievement for doing all the missions on Master difficulty as well as finding all of the collectibles.

I need to find out who did the voice work for BT. That voice is awesome and I've heard it in other games. I'm loving the banter between pilot and titan.

I've never heard this guy's voice before; I would say the voice acting is solid and nice to hear new actors being used (not the same old).

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3745728/?ref_=tt_cl_t2

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Origin downloads are so slow. This is like watching paint dry. Steam is 2 1/2 times faster than Origin.

Ya origin seems to be capped at 18MB/s, steam uses my full 21MB/s rate all the time (150mbps down connection)

You wanna see something a lot worse? PSN. Sony is stuck in the stone age. Origin is uber tech in contrast.

I hate my PS4 for it's download speeds, have mine plugged into the same switch as my pc yet it takes forever to download anything. When the last bf1 patch was released it took 20 minutes for a 3gb patch, steam can download a 3gb file in 5min.

Down to 8K players today. Hasn't been a week lol.
Game is good but today I got into a shit team and 2 people left. Got blasted to hell and back.

However, I think it'll recover. It literally just launched on Friday. I think people are too quick to jump on negative news. We will see the numbers after the holidays.

See KickAssCop's post above, the player base has already just about halved in less than a week. Matchmaking is a death sentence for any PC game with low starting population numbers, as wait times increase the more quickly people shelve the MP, which in turn further exacerbates wait times, and as the player base shrinks new users are less likely to buy it. Its a self reinforcing loop of doom, see how quickly Battlefront died and that had 5 times the starting population. The only developer that can get away with crap matchmaking on PC is Blizzard, for everyone else a conventional server browser and dedicated server model is the only sensible option if they want their game to survive longer than 6 months.

Back