Titanfall 2

EA to Acquire Respawn Entertainment
http://news.ea.com/press-release/company-news/ea-acquire-respawn-entertainment

Let us bow our heads for the dead. They did make some memorable games in their short time as an independent studio.

generate.php

I'm kind of surprised that EA would burn $450 million on this acquisition given TF2's shitty sales and very short lived MP. It isn't however a surprise that Respawn sold out to EA considering that its run by the same two twats who sold out Infinity Ward to Activision. They're laughing all the way to the bank.....lets see how long it takes for them to bail out and start another new company promising to develop the next paradigm twitch shooter.

Titanfall 2 Reportedly Has Major Hacking Vulnerability, Respawn Investigating

The bug reportedly allows local code execution from Respawns' servers, potentially affecting both PCs and consoles with Titanfall 2 installed...while there are still plenty of unknowns, several community members have raised the alarm and encouraged players to uninstall the game until the vulnerability is fixed...

https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/...ly-makes-your-pc-vulnerable-to-malicious-code

Last edited:
Respawn says Titanfall 2 exploit that led to panicked uninstalls probably isn't that serious

"Our engineers believe that we're dealing with a simple exploit that can be used to crash games," Respawn said on Twitter. "We do not believe there are any more serious risks to affected players or their machines."

Respawn's director of communications Ryan K. Rigney was a little more frank, indirectly calling the claims "bullshit" when he said, "Today I learned about Brandolini's law: The amount of energy needed to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than to produce it"...

https://www.pcgamer.com/respawn-say...to-panicked-uninstalls-probably-isnt-serious/

Respawn says Titanfall 2 exploit that led to panicked uninstalls probably isn't that serious

"Our engineers believe that we're dealing with a simple exploit that can be used to crash games," Respawn said on Twitter. "We do not believe there are any more serious risks to affected players or their machines."

Respawn's director of communications Ryan K. Rigney was a little more frank, indirectly calling the claims "bullshit" when he said, "Today I learned about Brandolini's law: The amount of energy needed to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than to produce it"...

https://www.pcgamer.com/respawn-say...to-panicked-uninstalls-probably-isnt-serious/
This exploit has been around for a long time and I doubt that Respawn is going to put any effort into fixing it.

This exploit has been around for a long time and I doubt that Respawn is going to put any effort into fixing it.

I've heard it's one of the best single player games...I've had Titanfall 2 in my backlog for awhile now but hearing these reports over the last few months has me hesitant to install it...

Last edited:
I've heard it's one of the best single player games and I've had Titanfall 2 in my backlog for awhile now but hearing these reports over the last few months has me hesitant to install it...
The exploit works through the in-game invite system, so you shouldn't have to worry about anything if you don't play the multiplayer portion. Still, the worst that can happen is your game crashes. I'm pretty sure other games in the past have had this issue, like Counter-Strike at one point.

I've heard it's one of the best single player games and I've had Titanfall 2 in my backlog for awhile now but hearing these reports over the last few months has me hesitant to install it...

It's only flaw is that it's too short. It earned favorable comparisons to Half Life 2 and I agreed with them.

https://www.pcgamer.com/au/northstar-didnt-just-save-titanfall-2-it-completely-transformed-it/

Anyone tried this mod which retrofits a server browser for MP? One of my biggest gripes was that that matchmaking was complete trash and often took over 5 minutes to get a game started.
No idea, but if you go with it follow up on it. I'm curious about it. I installed it the other day to dub around with it, and discovered the whole Northstar dealio. Wasn't sure if it was worth it. MP-FPS isn't really my forte.

So the MP of TF2 is dead now? I remember buying this game when it came out and really liking the single player. Although I felt it was a short campaign but really good. MP was good also but not enough people at the time and long matchmaking times.

So the MP of TF2 is dead now? I remember buying this game when it came out and really liking the single player. Although I felt it was a short campaign but really good. MP was good also but not enough people at the time and long matchmaking times.
It's still up, but it has been effectively killed by hackers with various attacks. Same deal as TF1. It's happening to SW:BF2 now.

Seems so. I kept getting ERROR 409 or something. Wouldn't connect. There's a mod or something you need to install as a work around. I think its all player backed.

This game is going through a renaissance right now. EA updated it last week, fixed the hacking, and restored the servers.

You can buy it for $3 - seems to be averaging 20k players.
Really.... might have to fire it back up and see what's up...

This game is going through a renaissance right now. EA updated it last week, fixed the hacking, and restored the servers.

It is $3 on the EA store for t he ultimate edition and DLC. It is full price on steam. Great game for the sale price!

It was $3 on Steam for all of last week. I bought a few copies for my friends but I have a suspicion they'll never even install it and will just keep playing their shitty F2P gacha games.

It was $3 on Steam for all of last week. I bought a few copies for my friends but I have a suspicion they'll never even install it and will just keep playing their shitty F2P gacha games.
I just wanted to update anyone looking tobuy it now. I missed the steam sale apparently.

I logged on last night and game was working Amazingly! Best fos shooter ever made and I've been playing fps since Quake 1 multi-player.

Okay i'm not fast enough for this sort of game then

Yeah that was one of my issues with it. My mind never clicks with this type of movement so I found it difficult to get into even before some of my other issues with the limited number of players per match.

Back