Titan RTX soon?

Not the most reliable of news sites, but the leaked photo looks legit because it contains a black cat. :p

NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-Titan-Graphics-Card.jpg

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-rtx-titan-graphics-card-allegedly-pictured/

I bet he's gonna be in trouble with Nvidia for leaking the pic of his pussy.

I'm thinking price is really going to depend on whether or not Nvidia decides to go with HBM2 or GDDR6 memory on this next Titan.

If they go HBM2, then I fully expect they'll be asking $3K for it.

If they go GDDR6 (which I think is much more likely) then I'm betting $1999.

What will be interesting is how it compares to the RTX 2080Ti in performance. They are going to have to squeeze more performance out of it to justify the price. Perhaps another 15-20%?

For reference, the last Titan was $1200. (And yes, I'm ignoring the Titan V which was a halo/one-off anomaly along the lines of the Titan Z)

I'm thinking price is really going to depend on whether or not Nvidia decides to go with HBM2 or GDDR6 memory on this next Titan.

What will be interesting is how it compares to the RTX 2080Ti in performance. They are going to have to squeeze more performance out of it to justify the price. Perhaps another 15-20%?

For reference, the last Titan was $1200. (And yes, I'm ignoring the Titan V which was a halo/one-off anomaly along the lines of the Titan Z)

We already know the specs. 7% at most for rasterized and 0% for RTX features.

I’ll be really surprised if it’s not prosumer oriented and priced.

We do? Enlighten us! What kind of memory and amount? What GPU clcoks? VRAM clocks?

So right now some owners of 2080ti-fe will be kicking themselves for not waiting, then this card comes out to much fanfare, then gets usurped by a titan x variation several months down the lines. That's how this generally works isn't it?

lol just look at the top Quaddro and GPU clocks won’t be higher than the 2080ti. The same as the last bajillion Titans. It’s not like we haven’t seen this same routine.

So we don't know the exact specs then and you are basing your statement on past history...

But Nvidia sort of changed things up by introducing the RTX 2080Ti *before* a Titan release. So the routine is a bit different this time around. I have a sneaking suspicion that they'll up the ante a bit more for this particular Titan roll-out.

Then again, their isn't all that much room left to push upwards to before they start matching their Quadro line-up when it comes to rasterization performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: isp
like this

-------

Real name is "RTX Titan" - $1,999.00, GDDR6 12GB 384bit 14Gbps, 4608 cores, NVlink, 11 Gigarays"
Jan. release with pre-orders for Feb. (think Quadro 8000 cross-over (gaming) card/pro-sumer)

Sure bet to keep crown by good margin for any RX Vega 64 7nm or some sort early surprise 7nm Navi that's about to come.

If your RTX Titan catches fire, then you get some/the pussy, if it fails (less the fire) you get advance RMA and Driver to enable RGB

Last edited:

While I agree that it's unlikely, specifically because there's not much to gain from TU102, this could be a TU100- however, historically, the x100 parts have erred toward compute where the x102 part (the 1080Ti and Titan X(p) with the GP102 being the sole x102) was more gaming/low-precision oriented.

So the naming scheme doesn't really have room for a higher gaming part; and really, it'd need to be 7nm for it to make sense from a production perspective.

Beyond that- HBM is a no-go for a high-end consumer part. No need to repeat AMD's mistakes here, so unless this is a prosumer part focused on compute, it'll be DDR6.

While I agree that it's unlikely, specifically because there's not much to gain from TU102, this could be a TU100- however, historically, the x100 parts have erred toward compute where the x102 part (the 1080Ti and Titan X(p) with the GP102 being the sole x102) was more gaming/low-precision oriented.

So the naming scheme doesn't really have room for a higher gaming part; and really, it'd need to be 7nm for it to make sense from a production perspective.

Beyond that- HBM is a no-go for a high-end consumer part. No need to repeat AMD's mistakes here, so unless this is a prosumer part focused on compute, it'll be DDR6.

I guess I’ll look like an ass if it’s 7nm. :D

$1999 makes sense, the last Titan was about 70% more expensive than the Ti, so $2k would be the same ratio. It's a smaller die than Titan V and has GDDR6 instead of HBM2 so $3k would probably be too much of an ask.

Lmao, they had one disabled ram channel on the Ti, no points for guessing what the Titan will do.
Wonder if they'll fail more or less.

Lmao, they had one disabled ram channel on the Ti, no points for guessing what the Titan will do.
Wonder if they'll fail more or less.

Which does basically nothing for performance? Nice troll.

So yea I figured that they just moved the product stacks up. 2080ti was never going to be this generation Titan. I expect a $2000 price tag for 10% more performance over the 2080ti. It also better have a CLC system for that price.

So all those people who said that the 2080Ti replaced the Titan in Nvidia's pricing scheme in order to justify the asinine $1200 price point, what do they say now?

That WCCFTech is probably full of it?

So how about twitter pics, and linus (FYI I agree with you on wccftech), they full of it too, or prolly is a RTX Titan on its way ;)

"RTX Titan" - $1,999.00, GDDR6 12GB 384bit 14Gbps, 4608 cores, NVlink, 11+ Gigarays"
Dec/Jan. release with pre-orders for Feb. (think Quadro 8000 cross-over (gaming) card/pro-sumer)

Let's look at launch pricing

1070 FE - $449 / 2070 FE - $599 = $150 increase
1080 FE - $599 / 2080 FE - $799 = $200 increase
1080 Ti FE - $699 / 2080 Ti FE = $1199 = $500 increase

Titan Xp FE - $1199 / RTX Titan = $1999? = $800 increase?

Seems about right for the way Nvidia is bilking customers. The 1070 out performed the Titan X for $449 at launch costing $500 less. The 2070 barely beats a 1080 and costs more. There is no reason to reward Nvidia with my business. I can play around with a $400 Vega 64 and figure out better efficiency with P states rather than give Nvidia another dime until they pull their heads out of their collective asses.

Seems about right for the way Nvidia is bilking customers. The 1070 out performed the Titan X for $449 at launch costing $500 less. The 2070 barely beats a 1080 and costs more. There is no reason to reward Nvidia with my business. I can play around with a $400 Vega 64 and figure out better efficiency with P states rather than give Nvidia another dime until they pull their heads out of their collective asses.

GREEN BRAND BAD

So much effort to bitch about more performance and newer features :ROFLMAO:

GREEN BRAND BAD

So much effort to bitch about more performance and newer features :ROFLMAO:

Quite honestly I like performance and new features. I don't like making a mortgage payment to get them when there seems little reason to upgrade.

Your little trite, "Green Brand Bad" bullshit ignores the fact that many people, including myself, had multiple 10 series cards. But I am not spending what they are asking for the new series because they are out of their minds. $500 for 30% more performance when you used to get that for free when you upgraded to the new generation for the same price point as the last card.

Last edited:
I expected this from day 1 of the RTX announcement and based on the "teases" it'll likely come out soon, maybe next week. It'll likely have the same specs as RTX 6000 (full TU102) with half the RAM, i.e. 12GB as other recent Titan cards. But who knows, maybe they'll go all out and have a 24GB Titan RTX?

I guess this is not unexpected, knowing Nvidia. But if this is a gaming card I can't help but think they've kind of screwed customers that just dropped $1,200 on "the best".

I guess this is not unexpected, knowing Nvidia. But if this is a gaming card I can't help but think they've kind of screwed customers that just dropped $1,200 on "the best".

I don't understand this reasoning. You still got the best for the given price segment, the Titan RTX will be considerably more than 2080 Ti, might even be in the Titan V range.

Back