Threadripper and Windows 7

Dude we were talking about Threadripper on Windows 7....
All this get Windows 10 SPAM is not the purpose of the thread.

About Windows 7 on Threadripper.
I am thinking, due to 3900X unavailable and 3950X not yet on market, of trying 1950X on Threadripper plateform but on Windows 7. I know Ryzen 3000 do work with WIndows 7.
However there is some info that there are BIOSES that should be avoided that forbid any Windows 7 installation on Threadripper. It is supposed that all BIOses supporting Threadripper 2000 series are incompatible with Windows 7, that would make any Threadripper 2000 incompatible. Is this still true ??? Because maybe I could get a 2990Wx. I am not confident new Threadripper plateform will be still compatible with older one and that it will support Windows 7 and 2990WX is fairly ok for me (even 1950X is).
Are there people who listed all the updates that should be avoided to run Windows 7 flawlessly, up to newest updates available ? There are some encryption API that are needed as they are new encryption standards on networks and they are included in this spring and summer updates.

Well, have fun, I do not envy you the frustration that will likely occur. ;)

If there were a Windows 7 esque version of 10 that was extra. I bet a lot of licenses for it would sell. But the nail is in the coffin. As a 7 user till it was no longer a viable option. She's dead Jim. This thread started in 2017. It's 2019 and 7 is EOL In January

Reactions: blkt
like this
I'm using Windows 7 and havent done M$ updates since 2016.
Look at me, totally hacked.

:dead:

I'm using Windows 7 and havent done M$ updates since 2016.
Look at me, totally hacked.

:dead:
Of course. No problem. The problems will appear if surfing the web with that computer and when browsing with an obsolete web browser that ended support the web site will refuse some tasks. This is not going to happen any time soon. Maybe starting in 4/5 years at worse. And I bet web browsers will support Windows 7 for a very long time maybe more than XP en of life.
But you're not ought to use Windows 7 for browsing or gaming at all. My bet on Windows 7 vs Windows 10 is for professional use.

Back