VanFanel89
2[H]4U
- Joined
- Apr 21, 2004
- Messages
- 2,933
... wow... just wow... I will let the shitty pictures speak for themselves.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
mpcamer1220 said:You have a fun job.
diredesire said:Please tell me that is somehow dust, and not thermal paste![]()
mpcamer1220 said:Do you just RMAs?
Ever keep some, for like what squishy said?
i'm no expert but i see no pins...VanFanel89 said:
Also take a hard good look at the heatspreader... anything out of place...?
He works at AMD Sunnyvale iirc.. .drizzt81 said:may I ask: what do you do for a living?
I do RMA's as well as testing and various other things...
drizzt81 said:may I ask: what do you do for a living?
Asian Dub Foundation said:
I would love to have your job! or anything close to that matter! God I love to breath this stuffVanFanel89 said:ATM I am interning at AMD doing RMAs and various out stuffs that has to do with procs.
edit: I suppose can't really call it an internship since i am working full time![]()
Asian Dub Foundation said:
Arcygenical said:Wow... so. um... If I uncap my processor and break it... I can get you to RMA it behind the scenes right... right?
VanFanel89 said:Only if you add a large sum of money ::shifty eyes::
VanFanel89 said:ATM I am interning at AMD doing RMAs and various out stuffs that has to do with procs.
edit: I suppose can't really call it an internship since i am working full time![]()
WhoKnowsWho said:I thought that was what internship was, full time, more work, less pay!
You should release a book of all the great RMA requests...
thanksVanFanel89 said:ATM I am interning at AMD doing RMAs and various out stuffs that has to do with procs.
edit: I suppose can't really call it an internship since i am working full time![]()
Viper87227 said:aboslutly fucking incredable
I wonder what his mobo looks like![]()
Viper87227 said:aboslutly fucking incredable
I wonder what his mobo looks like![]()
MOZZ said:probably fried as well
did he uncap it himself? or did you take the cap off? i dont see how all that moisture got on the inside of that hat im just bedazzled! lol
Zoogle said:I've always been curious, the AMD warranty (and many other's I'm sure) says that the warranty is void if the original HSF is not used. How do you guys know?
lol...Viper87227 said:aboslutly fucking incredable
I wonder what his mobo looks like![]()
nop, i think those are the cpu pins!!!diredesire said:Please tell me that is somehow dust, and not thermal paste![]()
Serge84 said:When you OC a chip and fri it. Then want it replaced. (I never have) But logic would say, never tell AMD the truth. Act like you used everything stock with it and used stock speeds. And make up a beleaveable story. Not put abunch of M80's around it. Or drown it. =P
Yalpe said:I bet its as sticky as his keyboard![]()
VanFanel89 said:Basically the guy who owned this proc tried to watercool it; the genius put arctic silver all over the pins, and did a crappy job sealing the waterblock since water/moisture accumulated between the block and the proc itself. Guy then took it out when it died, put the heatspreader on and attempted to pass it as a b0rked proc.
Zoogle said:I've always been curious, the AMD warranty (and many other's I'm sure) says that the warranty is void if the original HSF is not used. How do you guys know?
He could have at least cleaned off some of the AS5 and re-epoxied the cap... Wonder how he even uncapped the proc without chipping the die given his complete dumbassery.