VanFanel89
2[H]4U
- Joined
- Apr 21, 2004
- Messages
- 2,933
Serge84 said:When you OC a chip and fri it. Then want it replaced. (I never have) But logic would say, never tell AMD the truth. Act like you used everything stock with it and used stock speeds. And make up a beleaveable story. Not put abunch of M80's around it to pop the IHS off. Or drown it and put it back together again in some crappy way. =P Can he say silicon! lol
Maybe poping off the IHS wasn't the smartest thing for him to do when he wanted to replace it. Its easy when no damage can be seen. But not if you totally F it up with a night on the town.![]()
Lol... that'd never fly.
First, all dual core, opteron and AM2 parts are brought for PERSONAL inspection - that means I get the proc, and I give it a physical. If I find any evidence of alteration (and trust me, I look all over the place for all the common signs, and then some).
All lower end processors are inspected by the shipping department, but they also check them fairly well before replacing, and if they find anything odd, they forward the processor to us for further inspection.