The Witcher

Thanks for the link. If the US version really is censored, then the UK version is the only viable option.

Yeah I really don't get the US... you can behead a guy and have blood fly everywhere, but be damned if you can see some titties!

After playing trough the Hellgate demo I think the Witcher is probably going to be on the top of my list for games come November

Ya the uncencered version sounds the best ...

I live in the UK now (from the US) - so I hope the UK version has all the good material.

Game kind of reminds me of Gothic - I played the first 2 and the story line is what brought people into the game. Game play wasnt bad either ...

never did play gothic 3 ...

Yeah I really don't get the US... you can behead a guy and have blood fly everywhere, but be damned if you can see some titties!

Yea, we don't get it either, but have no fear some of our more prominent politicians want to stop the flying blood too...well depending on which way the wind blows atm. :rolleyes:

glad to see that the *real* version of this game is available for US customers

I'm definitely importing. Can anyone translate this to see if there is a soundtrack cd included? I may get the collectors edition if so.

120071011134005.jpg

Yeah Ive been following this game for awhile,

Everyone make sure to order the European version though, they censored the American version , which means your charictor cannot have sex and or do other adult things.

its gonna be hard to play this and Hellgate London at the same time lol =/.

I hate WoW but I kinda liked Fable, you guys think I should get this title ?

That boxed set looks utterly badass. Will it include an English language option? I imagine it would since most UK releases do, but I haven't heard that said specifically about The Witcher.

I'm definitely importing. Can anyone translate this to see if there is a soundtrack cd included? I may get the collectors edition if so.

http://www.gram.pl/upl/artykul/120071011134005.jpg

The polish translates roughly into:

1. 2nd Case for all parts
2. Main Case
3. Slim DVD Cases for all discs
4. Two-sided map on special paper
5. Instruction for game
6. Reference book of player
7. Tale of Andrzej Sapkowskiego
8. Bonus disk with materials video
9. Play Disk
10. Soundtrack from game on CD

The polish translates roughly into:

1. 2nd Case for all parts
2. Main Case
3. Slim DVD Cases for all discs
4. Two-sided map on special paper
5. Instruction for game
6. Reference book of player
7. Tale of Andrzej Sapkowskiego
8. Bonus disk with materials video
9. Play Disk
10. Soundtrack from game on CD

Thanks, I hope they release the collector's edition in the UK or US. I collect game soundtracks so it would suck to have to buy it a polish version just to get the CD.

I'll just buy the cheap US version and download / torrent the European version.. screw paying $70+ for an import

I'll just buy the cheap US version and download / torrent the European version.. screw paying $70+ for an import

The Witcher (I)

Platform: PC DVDROM
Publisher: Atari
Packaging: DVD Hard Case
Availability: Release Date: Oct 31, 2007
Order now and we will ship it to you as soon as it is available.
Item #: 23661470

GoGamer Price
$49.90
Witcher @ GoGamer

That boxed set looks utterly badass. Will it include an English language option? I imagine it would since most UK releases do, but I haven't heard that said specifically about The Witcher.

UK version is possible, but I can't find a place that will let me import it.

Do we know that the UK one will definitely be uncensored? If so, gonna pop off an order through gogamer :).

The Polish CE was sold out quite fast when it went on sale. It is the only version (IIRC) that has the medallion included among a few other differences. The polish version however is not in English and has no English options.

The UK has a CE as well, but it won't have the medallion in it.

The German CE is supposdly multilingual but it doesn't have the medallion either, instead there is a lottery on certain german sites (like amazon.de) to get one with the game, if you're lucky.

OK one last, probably silly, question: will the UK version be in English? If so, gonna go click through that order right now :D.

The Polish CE was sold out quite fast when it went on sale. It is the only version (IIRC) that has the medallion included among a few other differences. The polish version however is not in English and has no English options.

The UK has a CE as well, but it won't have the medallion in it.

The German CE is supposdly multilingual but it doesn't have the medallion either, instead there is a lottery on certain german sites (like amazon.de) to get one with the game, if you're lucky.

So where, pray tell, can I get the UK CE?

OK one last, probably silly, question: will the UK version be in English? If so, gonna go click through that order right now :D.

As opposed to... spanish? :confused:

Last I checked, while they use stupid words, teh brits MOSTLY speak english.

GoGamer doesn't ship outside of the USA. :(
Anywhere for those of us in Canada to grab the UK version?

That sucks, I told my friend who is in Poland right now to get me the CE, I guess I'm gonna have to settle for a regular version.

Are you use that's the UK version? There isn't anything on that page that actually says what region it's from.

I worried about that to, if you look at the links on the left hand side i think it was there is a section for UK import games.

It still doesn't say it in the description tho

That sucks, I told my friend who is in Poland right now to get me the CE, I guess I'm gonna have to settle for a regular version.

Why? do you know polish? sounds like all the voice overs would have been in Polish also.. I think the UK version is going to be the best way to get the raw content (full frontal nudity, yeehaw) and english voice overs..

I am sure, for those of us who will buy the US version, there will be a way to either unlock or patch in the good stuff afterwards, in time.. people always seem to find a way to get those kinds of things done.. not sure how fast it will arrive, but if this game gets a good following, I know people will be after that content for the US version. Or, as someone was saying before me, buy the US version and torrent the UK version; then use your key on it..? I am not sure that will work, but who knows..

What? no mention of fat slags from Essex?? ;-) hrm.. I guess that's a female insult.

I am sure, for those of us who will buy the US version, there will be a way to either unlock or patch in the good stuff afterwards, in time.. people always seem to find a way to get those kinds of things done.. not sure how fast it will arrive, but if this game gets a good following, I know people will be after that content for the US version. Or, as someone was saying before me, buy the US version and torrent the UK version; then use your key on it..? I am not sure that will work, but who knows..

I'm not so sure about that. After that hot coffee thing i wouldn't be surprised if the content is removed completely. My guess is there will be a download to add the content back in at some point. But I'm impatient don't want to wait.

Back