The Witcher

heres to hoping i got the uncensored one.
Just download the uncensored patch.
does anyone have a link to a straightforward or reputable website that has the uncensored content for the EE version? i went looking and found a couple different sites with varying file sizes and directions.
I'll send you a PM.

(p.s. deadspace on pc with an xbox controller and v-sync turned off = awesome)
It's better when you get the keyboard and mouse working right :cool:

Chapter 2 of The Witcher (imo the best chapter of the game) was probably the best 30 hours of RPG gameplay I've played in the past decade. If you take your time, do all the quests and explore everywhere this game is 100 hours of gameplay.

i didnt really know what i wanted to spend my skill points in since i figured there was probably a right and wrong way to do things. figured id do some research on character development before i went any further.
Don't worry - its really impossible to "mess up" your bronze talents in this game.
At level 25 I had every single bronze talent in every single category (except a couple of the signs I didn't use). When I leveled I was putting bronze points into the signs I don't use - so relax, its impossible really to mess up your talent choices.

By the time you start getting silver and gold talents you will have an idea of what to upgrade depending on your style of play.

Don't put any points into the silver sword stances until Chapter2. Hell in Chapter1 I was putting bronze talents into silver sword stances cause I was pretty much clueless cause I didn't read the guide, and I was still fine.

I'm assuming the steam version is uncensored, because the characters are spitting out "fucks" and "XXXXs" like there's no tomorrow; and one of my cards has glorious exposed boobies.

edit: and I take back what I said about this game sucking

Last edited:
I've got a quick question.Tiny Spoiler Alert for those in the beginning of the game.....................................................After the Innkeeper dies at the end of Act 1, can you get your stuff back (from out of storage) anywhere in Act II? If not let me know since I just started Act II. I can go back and re-kill the beast after getting my stuff out of storage. If you can get it back, where in Act II do I go?

Yeah, I am pretty sure you can get your stuff back. It's been a while ago since I played that game...

Yep, all the innkeepers storage are linked - so just go to the inkeeper in whatever Act you're in and he will have all your stuff available.

Since this thread is active again, it's worth mentioning that Patch 1.5 has been released.

Modifications:
- copy securities (DRM) are removed
- playing the game no longer requires the game disc in the drive
- patch solves problems with EAX and blurred graphics

Additionally:
- 5 bonus adventures made by the Witcher community: ‘Deceits’, ‘Blight of the Bogs’, ‘Wraiths of Quiet Hamlet’, ‘The Wedding’, ‘Merry Witchmas’.

Patch 1.5 is available in these places that I can find:
http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=24722.0
(The official post, with comments about problems and solutions)
http://www.gamershell.com/download_48238.shtml
http://www.filefront.com/listing/pub2/The_Witcher/Official_Patches/v15

And, once again, here's the link to the official The Witcher EE FAQ. They even point you towards how to remove TAGES from your system entirely, and say they removed TAGES from The Witcher because it causes problems in people's systems.

Last edited:
Downloading patch 1.5 thanks;)

witcher2009-07-0811-39-41-83.jpg
witcher2009-07-0913-16-45-51.jpg

Last edited:
Yay new content.
I had the steam version of Witcher but am dealing with Tages in Stalker:CS and it is teh suck.

Will be giving this game another shot this weekend. I've actually had it since launch day but, like others, couldn't get into it due to the combat system and overall clunky feel to the game.

Same here. I bought the game based largely on high reviews, but it didn't hook me. But talk of uncensored content and new patches has me interested again.

Downloading patch 1.5 thanks;)

witcher2009-07-0811-39-41-83.jpg
http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo120/michael211/witcher2009-07-0913-16-45-51.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Is this Raven's armor?

And you guys it gets WAY better after the first chapter in Outskirts of Vizima.

Is there a more 'caster' oriented build you can use in this game? This doesn't look like the type of game with fireballs and such but I find the sword mechanics really tedious. However, it seems to be an integral part of the game so I doubt there's an option to avoid swordplay completely.

Is there a more 'caster' oriented build you can use in this game? This doesn't look like the type of game with fireballs and such but I find the sword mechanics really tedious. However, it seems to be an integral part of the game so I doubt there's an option to avoid swordplay completely.

No not really, the few spells available (called Signs) are mostly used to open enemies defense and then attack with the swords or to quickly kill off a group of weak enemies.

No not really, the few spells available (called Signs) are mostly used to open enemies defense and then attack with the swords or to quickly kill off a group of weak enemies.

If you max out points in the fire sign you can snipe with some fairly powerful long distance fireballs.

Back