The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Official Thread

Hrm, elder scolls, where you can become the head of mages, assassins, thieves... all at once. Where you have fetch missions, because 50 nirnroot... well, you were going to search all the river banks anyway.

witcher 3 changed a lot of that. the side quests tend to be meaningful. They put a lot of work into them, some as much as the main quests. Some of the quests are just epic in multiple ways, example, the bloody baron. You are not doing missions just "because".

the world is also alive, moreso than any other game. Your horse will go to feed. You will see moving cloud shadows on the ground. People will scatter when it rains. The map.... you have 4 zones, two of them are each probably bigger than another other game world.

There are a lot of flaws but overall the game is really epic.

Patch 1.07 coming up - the cd red forums site appears to be down so here is the context

As some of you may know, we are finishing up work on our next big patch, Patch 1.07. It’s a very large update introducing some key changes, including:

A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.
Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned", meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
Various improvements to horse behavior.

Since it's been all hands on deck working to finish and release this patch on time, we won’t be publishing a free DLC this week (don’t worry - free content comes back next week). We hope you understand our decision. We’ve gathered so much feedback from you over the past couple of weeks and we want to implement as much of it as possible. The full change list for the patch 1.07 will be coming later this week. Stay tuned for info about the release of the update itself.

Sweet baby jesus yes!

I am holding off on playing until this new patch, so many great changes that the fans have wanted.

Any details on the new optional movement mode?

I am thinking it's a more responsive mode where Geralt doesn't keep moving after you "stop" or anything, that will probably make it feel less "Floaty" like many people have an issue with (That's why I always set it to walk when I don't want to fall off something).

I played the witcher 3 nonstop until June and then I stopped cold turkey. Seems like this next patch will bring me back!

Storage, greyed-out books, better inventory sorting options and some horse improvements are all very welcome.

Agreed. So when is 1.07 releasing? I have a bunch of horse races I'm putting off 'till it's out.

witcher 3 changed a lot of that. the side quests tend to be meaningful. They put a lot of work into them, some as much as the main quests. Some of the quests are just epic in multiple ways, example, the bloody baron. You are not doing missions just "because".

There are a lot of flaws but overall the game is really epic.

Right through to the end of my first play through I was running into little random exclamation marks which turned into mini quest lines of their own, with interesting stories, bosses etc. Things I'd have missed entirely if I'd kept riding to the next marker. It adds so much to the sense of life and scale of the game.

Does this mean I have to start all over again and play with 1.07? I still haven't finished my 1.06 play-through.

The only glitch and bug I've detected or having so far is some of the peasants in Novigrad carrying crates, the animation for there legs as they walk around is out of sync. Anybody else with this problem?

1.05 broke some of my 1.03 save games with constant glitches. I never update to 1.04 because it was the patch that brought in more glitches and bugs then fixed.

Like all the previous Witcher games, a fresh start with every major patch that brings in new features is recommended ime.

1.07 something is out on steam. 2.2GiB download.

And no you don't have to start over. Maybe if you find yourself in a broken quest you'd have to reload a save from before you started the segment that's problematic, maybe.

Last edited:
1.07 is out on steam. 2.2GiB download.

:D ...and also :eek:

That is one massive patch! Luckily mine should automatically install itself before I get home tonight. Can't wait to play with the new inventory and horse updates!

1.07 is out on steam. 2.2GiB download.

And no you don't have to start over. Maybe if you find yourself in a broken quest you'd have to reload a save from before you started the segment that's problematic, maybe.

I have a broken quest in White Orchard, it is going to be haunting me in the Quest Journal forever :(

Don't see the patch on the GoG site, or on the client...what gives? Why is it out on Steam before their own client?

I have a broken quest in White Orchard, it is going to be haunting me in the Quest Journal forever :(

Same. The Dirty Funds treasure hunt will never complete for me because I accidentally found the treasure before I read the letter about it, or something like that. I keep hoping one of these patches will allow me to complete it from the list, but yeah, even if it's patched it probably can't retroactively fix my issue from an older version... oh well.

Downloaded the Steam patch before work this morning. Looked around for the new movement option in the menus and didn't see anything.
Anyone know how they're implementing that?

Apparently the 2.2 gigs pushed aren't the patch but some sort of other update. I'm still on 1.06.

Not sure why they'd play with our feeling this way :-(

bguFiU8.png

ok, looks like everyone got trolled. The patch is NOT out. Steam downloaded an art pack. Your version should still be @ 1.06. GOG client will not download anything. On gog.com only 1.06 patch is available

Yeah I didn't think that 1.07 would be out just like that. Maybe a few more days.

The artbook in german, spanish, french, italian and polish (each about half a gig). Must be a better way to handle language-specific content on Steam than this. Make it a DLC-pack or something.

2GB of Art Books as a forced download?? WTF. I don't want or need those taking up space on my hard drive. lol

Hope the real 1.07 is still coming soon! I want my inventory management!

While a nice freebie, the timing on that release could be better. :p
In my case, it's just something I'll probably delete. Even though I have a 1TB SSD now, I'm still in the mode of deleting stuff like that.

Hope the real 1.07 is still coming soon! I want my inventory management!

Better they take appropriate time to test / QA a patch with huge gameplay changes like that rather than releasing a broken mess, IMO.

I think I'll wait until the eventual enhanced edition to come out or some extra difficulty modes before finishing the game. I'm in Skellige now but the game became way too easy, even on Death March, once I made it to Velen, I don't really feel that urge to explore every single little thing anymore when nothing poses a challenge and I have more money than I could possibly spend.

I always run into this same problem with Bethesda games as well where the first few hours are amazing and then my character becomes too powerful and rich and I lose all interest. Hopefully, CDPR will release a Dark/Insane mode for Witcher 3.

Am I drunk or didn't this game have a way to adjust gamma?
Looking under graphics... can't find it.

Also, anyone else not able to connect to gog galaxy???

Am I drunk or didn't this game have a way to adjust gamma?
Looking under graphics... can't find it.

Also, anyone else not able to connect to gog galaxy???

Change your output to the display to RGB.

Change your output to the display to RGB.

Maybe it will help if I quote it.
I've never changed it to anything other than it was.

RGB
BNM
PJK
PAS
KJH

none of that shit...

I never selected anything...

That I know of...

Where you change resolution, scroll down and you will see an "output colour format" box.
Select RGB. You may need to recalibrate your display.
When this is set to YcBcR, you lose the Gamma slider control in game.

I also recommend setting "output dynamic range" to full, you may need to recalibrate your display.

Where you change resolution, scroll down and you will see an "output colour format" box.
Select RGB. You may need to recalibrate your display.
When this is set to YcBcR, you lose the Gamma slider control in game.

I also recommend setting "output dynamic range" to full, you may need to recalibrate your display.

Didn't find anything like that.
But, due to your direction to look in the resolution area, I found that the game had decided to run itself in borderless window. Selecting full screen returned the gamma selection.

Thanks for responding.

well done for sorting it but it sounds like you are running an old driver.
The RGB selection was in a different place until quite recent.

You dont need the RGB setting now, but you will get better performance with a recent driver.

well done for sorting it but it sounds like you are running an old driver.
The RGB selection was in a different place until quite recent.

You dont need the RGB setting now, but you will get better performance with a recent driver.

Thanks again.
As far as I know, I am running the latest driver Nvidia offers for Windows 10 and the 900 series.

Checking now....

Yep.

Ah, windows 10 could be different.
Fair enough.

Indeed.

Could be helpful for the future for folks who have had the game select to run itself in borderless window.

I will swear on a stack of bibles I've never selected that setting.

Could have something to do with trying to alt-tab out of the game though...

Every single time I start The Witcher 3, I have to change it from windowed to full screen.
It always starts windowed.
Luck you.

Although if I alt tab out and go back in, it remains full screen.
Lucky me lol.

Yeah I get that problem too. Windowed mode also causes stuttering and massive frame drops for me. I found to fix this problem, do not alt tab too often. The next time you start the game you get 800fps or so in the menu but when you change it to full screen mode you get 2400 fps like I do.

With Windows 10 & borderless window mode, I don't get any slowdowns. Odd I guess since the majority result is lag & drops.

I'd prefer an alternative voice-over for Ciri. She's a very strange posh cockney in the English version at least, and by far the weakest character. A better run animation wouldn't go amiss, either.

Back