The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Official Thread

Are there any vendors that sell a bunch of low level alchemy/rune recipes? I'm missing a bunch and I pissed off the pellar in Novigrad by refusing to help him with a quest and now he won't talk or sell anything to me. From what I remember he had a massive collection of stuff and now I can't find anyone else.

Are there any vendors that sell a bunch of low level alchemy/rune recipes? I'm missing a bunch and I pissed off the pellar in Novigrad by refusing to help him with a quest and now he won't talk or sell anything to me. From what I remember he had a massive collection of stuff and now I can't find anyone else.

There's the vendor/blacksmith near the Baron's fortress. I think I bought like 20 recipes from those guys.

Not going to happen and the movie would suck rocks. They did a movie back in 2001 called Hexer and a mini series, it sucks is all I can say. I'd say stick with just the game and the books (the books are better then the game series anyway).

I'd rather a pre-Witcher game series based off the early books. There is so much history and other shit in the books compared to the current games.

It really depends on the budget, and the actual effort put in it. Usually, it sucks because a lack of one or the other. Writers are important as well... so many bad writers out there.

Not going to happen and the movie would suck rocks. They did a movie back in 2001 called Hexer and a mini series, it sucks is all I can say. I'd say stick with just the game and the books (the books are better then the game series anyway).

I'd rather a pre-Witcher game series based off the early books. There is so much history and other shit in the books compared to the current games.

Yeah, even the article mentions how lame both the series and movie was.
Which is why he gives 5 reasons Hollywood should go all out in making a blockbuster hit.

There has been boat loads of crappy series/movies in the past, yet still somehow becomes a remake, again and again.

Hi,
I'm experiencing this problem on some missions in skellege.

I select a mission on the missions menu, than I go to map to see where should I go for the mission and I see no indicator, I mean the yellow dot that shows you where to go on the map.
Some mission have no dot on the map. Is this a bug?

Never experienced it... that I can recall. You check the world map to be sure its in Skellige?

Hi,
I'm experiencing this problem on some missions in skellege.

I select a mission on the missions menu, than I go to map to see where should I go for the mission and I see no indicator, I mean the yellow dot that shows you where to go on the map.
Some mission have no dot on the map. Is this a bug?
View global map. Maybe the quest marker is in a different zone.

What missions? Some are broken and do not clear. Others are glitched in strange ways. You can try googling them to see if others have the same problem and found the solution.

Not happy with the games now? Not going to start thread crapping for the injustices committed against you? :rolleyes:

Not happy with the games now? Not going to start thread crapping for the injustices committed against you? :rolleyes:

No I never implied that, I liked the games since day 1 despite the ton load of bugs with all 3 games (but already read the translated books beforehand). If you haven't been following this thread I'm on my second thorough play through the W3. I'm just saying the books have so much more content even if the games are non-canon.

On the other hand I have been enjoying rounds of Gwent immensely in the game.

There would be no point having the games just be retreads of the books. I prefer the games to explore different stories, because then it's more Witcher, and that can only be a good thing. I've read the (translated) books, I like them but I don't consider them to be some sort of untouchable source which must be adhered to religiously, they're not that great. But I think the games (especially 1 & 3) have done a phenomenal job of realising the tone and character of the stories. The game Geralt is Geralt for me now.

AIDS AIDS AIDS!
My father AIDS!
My sister AIDS!
My uncle and my cousin and her best friend AIDS AIDS AIDS!
The gays and the straights
And the white and the spades

Everyone has AIDS!

Anyway... is Geralt even infect-able by aids? I'd think his Witcher body would be able to just clear it out with some White Honey.

Never experienced it... that I can recall. You check the world map to be sure its in Skellige?

Yes its in skellige since it says it in the mission

View global map. Maybe the quest marker is in a different zone.

no, skellige is the zone

What missions? Some are broken and do not clear. Others are glitched in strange ways. You can try googling them to see if others have the same problem and found the solution.

very annoying bug

What the fuck???

2015-07-05_00001_zpswkojelqz.jpg

11k damage from one of these guys.

I can only do max 6k with strong attack.

On the other hand, I can't beat the guys in the High Stakes Gwent tournament, can't even get past the first fucker who just keeps reloading spies on me and stacking his deck up with shit ton of cards. Going to leave it till last, need to find and bang Triss Merigold first in her lofty apartment.

Guards always scale to be 12 or 14 lvls above you. You'll never win if they can hit you... you might survive a hit, 2 even, if you get hit by an arrow.... but getting hit means you're gonna lose.

That said, the High Stakes..... I load myself with spies and decoys. Get some res card in there too. I still lose when I get a horrible draw, but I win almost 95% of the time. I did get 3 horrible draws in that high stakes tourney though. Ugh.

And what missions are you having the bug on, you can probably search the next step online, might update after you past that step.

Anybody else unable to get all of the Wolf School gear?
The chest out at the ruined watchtower, out on the lake, wont let me get to it.
I can make the loot symbol, which for me is A on my 360 controller, appear by punching and rolling around so I kinda get in between the posts but I aint fast enough to get it to open... I guess.

Never mind. Found it.

Still cant get into that case though...
Wonder what's in it.

Last edited:
Going to try again, I`ve beaten all gwent players in White Orchid, Velen, Oxenfurt and Novigrad till the high stakes, haven't got beaten this badly since playing against Baron.

Patch 1.07 coming up - the cd red forums site appears to be down so here is the context

As some of you may know, we are finishing up work on our next big patch, Patch 1.07. It’s a very large update introducing some key changes, including:

A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.
Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned", meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
Various improvements to horse behavior.

Since it's been all hands on deck working to finish and release this patch on time, we won’t be publishing a free DLC this week (don’t worry - free content comes back next week). We hope you understand our decision. We’ve gathered so much feedback from you over the past couple of weeks and we want to implement as much of it as possible. The full change list for the patch 1.07 will be coming later this week. Stay tuned for info about the release of the update itself.

Patch 1.07 coming up - the cd red forums site appears to be down so here is the context

As some of you may know, we are finishing up work on our next big patch, Patch 1.07. It’s a very large update introducing some key changes, including:

A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.
Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned", meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.

Since it's been all hands on deck working to finish and release this patch on time, we won’t be publishing a free DLC this week (don’t worry - free content comes back next week). We hope you understand our decision. We’ve gathered so much feedback from you over the past couple of weeks and we want to implement as much of it as possible. The full change list for the patch 1.07 will be coming later this week. Stay tuned for info about the release of the update itself.

FINALLY. Most of this stuff should have been in day 1, but I guess I have to commend CDPR for listening to the players.

I really like that list. I'm curious about the "movement" mode. Hopefully it means I can swap to a Souls-style control scheme.
Loving the inventory tweaks.

Sounds like a good patch, hopefully their fixes don't break anything since I haven't had an issue since day 1 other than the pop-in issues that arrived in 1.03 or 1.04 (I forgot).

Hopefully storage has no issues like it did in Witcher 2 when it was added. All in all I think CDPR genuinely cares about their customers unlike some of the big AAA publishers.

As someone who loots everything I see, I'm super happy about crafting and alchemy having no weight.

I am hoping that the movement mode is an instant type FPS movement, where you move when button is held and stop when it is released. Right now you just wander all over the fucking place when you try to get some hard to reach things.

Patch sounds great. I haven't had a lot of time to play, nearly each time I pickup the game there are some fantastic patch changes! This one looks to fix almost all of my complaints aside from the button mashing combat.

I didn't even realize you had to manually download the DLCs from Steam...

Should I just get them all at once or wait until a certain level?

I didn't even realize you had to manually download the DLCs from Steam...

Should I just get them all at once or wait until a certain level?

I discovered that the other day, too. You can just go ahead and grab them. Some are lower to mid level, while others are higher level. I'm notorious for just accepting any and every quest I see, so I barely even noticed the ones the DLC added.
The good thing about adding them ASAP is that you'll probably find some of the diagrams in your normal travels and main-game quests. I've found all sorts of DLC diagram quest items in normal exploration.

I discovered that the other day, too. You can just go ahead and grab them. Some are lower to mid level, while others are higher level. I'm notorious for just accepting any and every quest I see, so I barely even noticed the ones the DLC added.
The good thing about adding them ASAP is that you'll probably find some of the diagrams in your normal travels and main-game quests. I've found all sorts of DLC diagram quest items in normal exploration.

Yeah the mission DLC is integrated into the game so well I can't even tell what is DLC and what was built into the base game. The new armor DLC just sits on vendors and I have no idea where to get it unless I remember to look it up online.

The downside to this is I feel like I've only gotten outfits from the DLC :(

How is this game ? I've never played any Witcher game before.

I'm a big Skyrim guy and Elder Scrolls games, love those.

Is Witcher 3 like a third person view game in the Skyrim type world ?

Would you say Witcher and Skyrim are sort of similar, in style, story, quests, etc... ? Just third person vs first person ?

Or not close at all ?

Patch 1.07 coming up

OMG, this is excellent news! So glad they're fixing the inventory to work more like TW2. The sorting system was desperately needed, new tab for books is definitely something I was wishing for, and the rest of this all looks exactly like what I was hoping for.

Now when is 1.07 coming out exactly? Really hope it's in the next couple days.

How is this game ? I've never played any Witcher game before.

I'm a big Skyrim guy and Elder Scrolls games, love those.

Is Witcher 3 like a third person view game in the Skyrim type world ?

Would you say Witcher and Skyrim are sort of similar, in style, story, quests, etc... ? Just third person vs first person ?

Or not close at all ?

TW3 does have a few similarities with Skyrim, namely they're both open-world medieval-fantasy-based RPG's. But almost everything else is completely different. The Witcher is more like living a book about a single character. You can't design your character to be whatever you want to be. You're a specific person, Garalt of Rivia, and you have a well defined back-story and relationships with other characters going into the game.

The first Witcher game is also somewhat open-world, but on a smaller scale. The Second Witcher game is more linear, but almost the best one in the series. I would say you should really start with TW1 or TW2, and play them in order. They have amazing stories and atmosphere, and the graphics in the first 2 are still really good.

Also, unlike Skyrim, the quests and story branches in The Witcher are highly responsive to your actions. There are many many branches in the story, and the world will change around you based on your actions. Unlike Skyrim where you can pretty much be all things to all people, and they never really acknowledge any of your deeds beyond the quest you're on at the time.

Another notable difference is The Witcher games have much darker and more realistic atmostphere than Elder Scrolls. While Oblivion and Skyrim really felt like you were living on another planet or in Middle Earth where everything is made up, kindof cartoonish, and nothing is really tied to the laws of reality, the universe of The Witcher really feels like you're on an alternate version of actual earth, living in historical medieval settings, with real people trying to survive day to day, and there just happens to also be monsters and other humanoid races there. People tend to react the way real people would when dealing with monsters and other races. There are deeply detailed political struggles and racial and religious tensions woven into the story of the game, the themes are much more mature, and I imagine would be hard to follow for people with short attention spans.

The main thing that makes The Witcher games awesome is the unique immersive atmosphere and the deep rich stories woven into them. And be warned, sadly, the worst part of the games (especially TW1, and to a lesser extend 2 & 3) is the combat. It's more point-and-click than physically swinging the weapons like Skyrim or Dark Souls, but CDPR is slowly getting better and better at the combat aspects.

So yeah, when you're done playing Skyrim for the next 200 hours of your free time, definitely give TW1-3 a try. You'll probably like them too.

More recently, the Witcher 3 feels somewhat similar to Dragon Age Inquisition with some Skyrim and a little bit of Dark Souls thrown in for good measure.

DA:I really couldn't keep my interest too well... I killed all the dragons then I did like half the story, then I quit... not really a "I Quit!" but I just don't feel like playing, maybe later, maybe later, maybe later....

Back