The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Official Thread

Sounds like I really short-changed myself. I'll have to buy TW1 and start there.

I am also someone who REALLY appreciates a good UI.

I love the Witcher 2, but the gameplay of the Witcher 1 really bored the hell out of me. The story was pretty slow too... couldn't get past chapter 3.

Yeah, I couldn't stand the first Witcher game, either. Witcher 2 seems a lot better, but I haven't really played much of it yet.

I liked them both almost equally. Though, they could have used a combat system more akin to Dark Souls.

Witcher 1 plays quite a bit more slowly, and also the combat is very chunky feeling Chocko. With that said, it's still a solid game, story wise and content. TW2 has a more responsive combat, though still a bit chunky. It took everything good about TW1 and just made it better.

I couldn't really get into TW1 when I tried many moons ago, TW2 grabbed me and I couldn't put it down until it was done.

Can't wait for this one.

Glad I wasn't the only one who felt that way. Took me several tries to get pass the first chapter. Then it was okay tough a bit boring in chapter 2, nearly dropped it again but pushed through ... then chapter 3 hit and it just felt so slow. I just quit after that, hasn't tried to get back in.

Glad I wasn't the only one who felt that way. Took me several tries to get pass the first chapter. Then it was okay tough a bit boring in chapter 2, nearly dropped it again but pushed through ... then chapter 3 hit and it just felt so slow. I just quit after that, hasn't tried to get back in.

Chapter 3 (Swamp right?) is painful, but the story picks up a lot, highly recommend pushing through TW1 if you can. Use a walkthrough for Chapter 3 to speed it up.

I just hope it will not be Dead Island case and the trailer will be like the real game. :) I really have high hopes for the last chapter of Geralt's trilogy as CDP got the spirit of the world from books perfectly.

And a word of warning - if you see anywhere DVD with movie or tv series "Witcher", just to ease waiting time for 3rd game, don't do it. They just totally suck, and should not ever be made, they are even below Uwe Boll's creations :)

Ok, I played about 5 hours into The Witcher, and I beat The Witcher 2, and I just don't think I see the big draw to the games. I understand that the combat was made to be more realistic, with potions not being insta heal, and the combat stances being the biggest focus of the combat, but I just didn't really think it was much fun. Also, the story didn't really draw me in. I did notice the splitting points and the parts where you could make a difference (which I appreciated!), but I didn't get attached to the characters. I would have been interested in a lot of the concepts in the game being applied elsewhere.

One of the only few games I am excited about. I hope they release a boxed collectors edition.

Dice poker was so fucking rigged in the original lol

I'm actually in the middle of installing Witcher 1: Enhanced Edition. It's a a retail box copy, 9 GB DVD. After flicking through the paper guide, storybook and smelling the map, I decided to check out the news on HardOCP.

Inside the box, it reads:

Gamplay improvements:

- Level loading times reduced by up to 80%.
- Improved game stability.
- Improved facial expressions.
- Improved combat responsiveness.
- Improved weather settings.
- Improved AI for dice poker mini-game.
- All latest patches implemented ( from 1.1 to 1.3 ).
- Accelerated map and inventory loading.

I still need to finish 2. I beat one, just never completed 2. I think I stopped because I didn't want it to end.

I'm going to wait and see. I love the story, art style and tone of the game but the combat is so clunky and slow. Hopefully they put some real effort into making combat enjoable. A Batman AC system would just be fantastic for this game but not so close that I feel like i'm playing Batman AC.

The combat is different. But the atmosphere, story and overall RPG experience is 10/10. I never did finish the first one, but now that I've finished the second Witcher I'm hard pressed to even go back to it. So many good things in TW2 that they fixed from TW1.

I'm going to wait and see. I love the story, art style and tone of the game but the combat is so clunky and slow. Hopefully they put some real effort into making combat enjoable. A Batman AC system would just be fantastic for this game but not so close that I feel like i'm playing Batman AC.

whaaaaaaa? No way, Witcher 2's combat system was challanging and enjoyable enough. No need to emulate Batman's (another enjoyable combat system however)

whaaaaaaa? No way, Witcher 2's combat system was challanging and enjoyable enough. No need to emulate Batman's (another enjoyable combat system however)

Combat needs to be more like Dark Souls, if anything. It may be fantasy, but Batman style combat would not fit the setting at all. Batman moves are physically impossible. It needs to have at least somewhat realistic mechanics.

I see both sides Pringle and fdiaz78, I enjoyed the combat quite a bit. Though it wasn't perfect, it definitely did feel a little chunky and not super responsive. Still really awesome though.

The last mega mod-pack makes the combat somewhat better. Rolling works much better, fire becomes a cone, etc. I don't like the way they changed leveling, but they took the 'levels' out of the talents.

If they could somehow mesh the combat mechanics and weapon variety of both Dark Souls and Chivalry: Medieval Warfare with the open-world gameplay, I would explode from excitement.

God damn it guys. Every time I see this thread bumped I'm expecting another kick ass video from CDP. The "no DRM" news is hardly any news at all :p

Can we buy it on GoG and activate it on Steam? That's my question. I'd like to give my money to CD Projekt Red as much as I can. But I do like Steam to download and organize.

Can we buy it on GoG and activate it on Steam? That's my question. I'd like to give my money to CD Projekt Red as much as I can. But I do like Steam to download and organize.
Nope. GoG doesn't sell Steam keys.

Oh my lord that looks awesome! :eek:

Though I hope I can change the hairstyle, because I hate that buzzcut ponytail. Still prefer the one from Witcher 1. :D

His hair was completely illogical. If you're fighting monsters with teeth and claws, chasing them through forests, swamps, areas filled with bushes, etc, long hair that can get pulled, bound up in your surroundings, whichever, is a huge liability. Makes me think of the cape scene in The Incredibles.

This is the game the Elder Scrolls series wishes it could be

They're totally different games for me and I enjoyed them equally. TW2 didn't have near the freedom that Skyrim or Oblivion has.

Now....from what I'm hearing, if the Witcher 3 is that much more "open world" than it might eclipse Elder Scrolls games but (as you can see by my handle) I'll always love Elder Scrolls games.

This is the game the Elder Scrolls series wishes it could be

I don't agree with that at all. They are both good in their own right, although Bethesda's storytelling has been lacking somewhat in recent years.

I don't agree with that at all. They are both good in their own right, although Bethesda's storytelling has been lacking somewhat in recent years.

So has their "role playing". I'd rather play any of the Witcher games at this point.

His hair was completely illogical. If you're fighting monsters with teeth and claws, chasing them through forests, swamps, areas filled with bushes, etc, long hair that can get pulled, bound up in your surroundings, whichever, is a huge liability. Makes me think of the cape scene in The Incredibles.

True, but as a metalhead I kind of have a thing for Viking fashion hair. :D

Pony tail or even braids are not the problem, its the buzzcut above his ears. I hate that shit.

Back