The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Official Thread

The early part of the first Witcher literally throws every mechanic at you in the first few minutes so it's overwhelming. Even things like dodging, which barely does anything except look fancy and escape corners. They also fail to mention that you can toggle the stances by hitting the same button, which streamlines combat a LOT. Leveling up and spells? Yup, they throw the concepts at you but only barely touch on the details. I've given up on the Witcher 3-4 times and one day I finally promised myself I'd keep going...and I ended up marathoning the whole game in just a few days. It took 4 years to make me do it, but I'm glad I did. Once you finally make it to town, the game becomes pretty epic.

The guys at CDProjekt do many many things well, but pacing and introduction to game mechanics aren't among them.

Which town, Domingo? I've gotten maybe 10-12 hours into it, and at the start of Act 2 (I think), I felt like I wasn't really doing anything in the game besides running back and forth between town as a supernatural demon-hunting investigator with nothing to fight. I enjoyed the combat when it was there, but there wasn't a whole lot going on.

I thoroughly enjoyed The Witcher 2, and I may complete that game again before TW3 comes out, but I really want to get myself to play and beat TW1.

I died shortly after into Act 2, when I ran into this field and there were these petrified golems or something, and then lightning struck me dead, and I wasn't sure where it came from. I Alt+F4'd and never opened the game again :(

I'm not really a "softy" when it comes to these types of games either. I love a challenge and I love very story driven RPGs, but maybe I was missing something.

Which town, Domingo?

The town is Vizima. If you're 10-12 hours into it, you're probably already there. I can't really recall how the game breaks down, but you spend about 60% of the game in different parts of the town.

Damn I really wanna watch this but Im stuck at work. Hopefully they will put a replay up so I can watch later.

Wait, didn't he just say there's no exclusive stuff, no matter which platform? Now we are seeing GOG exclusives...?? WTF?

The new gameplay looked awesome. Animations are insanely smooth. The part where he threw the little explosive to the enemies on the river was amazing.

Does it detect if you have those 2 on Steam? It doesn't require you to have them on GOG does it? I didn't hear him specify on the stream.

Edit: Nevermind, it's on the website! Reading is hard!

sXkPWZg.png

Last edited:
Hope there's a Steam version too. I want to support them via the GOG version, but I sort of like tracking overall progress by ticking off the achievements.

Hope there's a Steam version too. I want to support them via the GOG version, but I sort of like tracking overall progress by ticking off the achievements.

They also announced GoG Galaxy, a completely optional "client" which will allow achievements, cross play with other platforms, etc.

Yeah, not sure I'm ready to engage with YA-client. I guess I can always get the steam version day-1 too.

BgyVNea.png

Hope there's a Steam version too

Well ofcourse, CDPR couldn't afford not to offer it on Steam with the budget and manpower that's gone into W3. At one point they mentioned that close to 100 people were working on it, so they're going to need a fairly substantial return.

With GreenManGaming + coupon it'll probably come out to the same $45-$48 pricepoint for a Steam code, though this is one of those rare titles that's worthy of a $60 or even $100 blind buy.

Last edited:
I died shortly after into Act 2, when I ran into this field and there were these petrified golems or something, and then lightning struck me dead, and I wasn't sure where it came from. I Alt+F4'd and never opened the game again :(

I'm not really a "softy" when it comes to these types of games either. I love a challenge and I love very story driven RPGs, but maybe I was missing something.

It was the lighting that killed you. The lighting will one shot you. What happened is that you failed the puzzle.

[Very small spoiler to follow]

To kill those golems you need to hit the columns in the right order (or something like that), and put the lighting rod into one of the columns, and then lure the golem into the ring of columns. Then the lighting will strike the rod and kill the golem. What happened is you likely were inside of the column ring when the lighting struck the rod.

I think you failed the puzzle, without even realizing it. If you talk to the right people they pretty much tell you what you need to do.

Damned it, no Triss wallpaper :)

Oh, well. The three main tracks off the OST sound good.

Got my pre-order in as well from GOG.com because why the hell not! Though, I kind of want that CE statue...

Game looks like it will be worth the wait and makes me excited to see some Cyberpunk in the future.

pre-order CE :)

can not wait, been planing to build a new system a month or 2 before release, need to start saving lol

pre-order CE :)

can not wait, been planing to build a new system a month or 2 before release, need to start saving lol
Where did you order the CE? I can't get it from the official website. The links seem dead or not working.

2014-06-05_21-46-44.png

All greyed out.

February 2015 will give me enough time to finally play Witcher 1 and 2 (Extended Editions)...been in my Steam backlog for awhile after buying it for around $7.50

Polony, make sure you don't touch TW2 before TW1, lol. The combat in TW2 was done so much better that it will spoil TW1 for you...

Polony, make sure you don't touch TW2 before TW1, lol. The combat in TW2 was done so much better that it will spoil TW1 for you...

Oops. I've only done W2. I've been thinking of starting 1 and playing through it and 2 again before 3 comes out. The blocky unresponsive combat I've heard about in W1 is the main reason I haven't wanted to try it yet, but I'm working up the nerve to power through it anyways, just becase W2 was so good and I want the whole story.

I'm on the same boat, I haven't' finished TW1, but I still want to play and beat it.

I like doing things in order, so no way would I play Witcher 2 without finishing the first game...that's like playing Mass Effect 3 first :p

Great pre-order deals for previous game owners from a great dev. I'm in.

The latest trailer looks so god damn gorgeous, this is what I expect of next-gen games.

However, thoroughly annoyed that GOG considers it okay to charge rip off regional prices because I don't live in the US. The only game I have planned to pre-order in years and they pull this bullshit.

I can easily get the game cheaper elsewhere, just disappointed that I can't give my money directly to CDProjekt. Maybe some kind soul in the forums would be prepared to gift it to me.

there are probably contractual obligations. from the preorder page

What is GOG.com's Fair Price Package?
Gamers who are paying in EUR, GBP, and AUD are generally charged more for the games that they buy than gamers in the US. We don't see much sense in that, so we've come up with a solution that lets us treat everyone in those regions more fairly (without giving our legal team a heart attack). For The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt pre-orders GOG.com will make up the difference out of our own pocket by providing users with a mix of $9.99 and $5.99 game codes.

February 2015 will give me enough time to finally play Witcher 1 and 2 (Extended Editions)...been in my Steam backlog for awhile after buying it for around $7.50

Exactly!
I still got to play TW2, and I am looking forward to buying TW3 for $7.50 as well. I really don't get why people insist on paying $50 for a game. It not like I can't afford it, but I have to work for my money and if I can save $40+ then why wouldn't I. Boggles my mind.

Back