The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings ann.

Will this new 2.0 update automatically, or do you have to manually download and install it? Reason I ask is because I bought the game months ago buy haven't installed it yet, just haven't gotten around to playing it. With 2.0 coming out I am going to start it and I read that on the initial install it auto patches itself, but I don't know if this 2.0 release will auto install or not.

Also, how big is this update and does it include all previous updates?

Parrying is now unlimited (even when Vigor is completely depleted), though parries no longer cancel all damage (maximum 50% reduction once the relevant ability has been acquired).
Geralt’s attacks are no longer interrupted by attacking opponents. Attacks are now contiguous and foes cannot interrupt Geralt’s attacks by landing a blow.
Assorted fixes now prevent opponents from incessantly attacking Geralt after he has been knocked down. Geralt can no longer be knocked down repeatedly in quick succession. Also, he rises quickly while evading subsequent attacks.

Not sure if I agree with these changes, especially the second one.

Will this new 2.0 update automatically, or do you have to manually download and install it? Reason I ask is because I bought the game months ago buy haven't installed it yet, just haven't gotten around to playing it. With 2.0 coming out I am going to start it and I read that on the initial install it auto patches itself, but I don't know if this 2.0 release will auto install or not.

Also, how big is this update and does it include all previous updates?

Here are the patches from the beginning. I have no idea how 2.0 will work because it isn't out yet.

Still no eyefinity support with 2.0 patch??? Any plans for it, or tweaks anybody knows of?

Finally got the patch over Steam last night.

I like the arena - it's a nice way to practice my combat skills (which I suck at) and waste a little time.

Seems to play pretty well maxed out on my system too.

Finally gave this a real go over the past few days. It was certainly hard to get started, but I'm now having a friggen blast! This game has totally brought me out of the DA2 blues haha.

The story is superb and the combat very entertaining. I wonder what they have in store next?

Bought the game in May and have waited until now to finally start (periodically tried during patches 1.1, 1.2, 1.35 but never went past 15-20 minutes)

I appreciate the new tutorial section & arena mode as well. Everything seems to run smoother on Ultra / ubersampling OFF - can finally keep 60fps pegged (could either be due to patch 2.0 or new nvidia drivers) regardless, much respect to CD Projekt RED for continuing to support and polishing their product.

The longer i DONT play this game they better it gets. This game is number one on my priority list, just as soon as I build my new rig. So nice to have something like this patch to look forward to.

Apparently surround works, but eyefinity has been blocked. Can anyone confirm that surround actually works? This kind of move pisses me off.

Bought the game in May and have waited until now to finally start (periodically tried during patches 1.1, 1.2, 1.35 but never went past 15-20 minutes)

I appreciate the new tutorial section & arena mode as well. Everything seems to run smoother on Ultra / ubersampling OFF - can finally keep 60fps pegged (could either be due to patch 2.0 or new nvidia drivers) regardless, much respect to CD Projekt RED for continuing to support and polishing their product.

It's incredible how much they've updated and supported this game since it came out.

I REALLY want to buy this game now. But I just bought RO2, the BF3 beta just started, and Skyrim is out in a month. :(

I'm loving the new Arena mode. CD Projekt Red's support for this game is nothing short of astounding.

Is the performance better with the new patch?

sincerely I find some framerate drop when a new scene is loaded.
previously I didn't noticed it.

I don't know if this is a driver problem or a game one.
no one else noticed this problem?

As soon as a scene is loaded I notice a framerate drop to 30-40FPS, once the scene is loaded it goes up to 60FPS.

Dark difficulty enemies deal alot of damage so better get good at dodging and using your signs for protection. Axii and Quen both help. Those small goblin-like creatures are bitch though, so damn fast and usually come in big groups. You want to have bombs and 2 levels of alchemist to get double damage for those buggers.

Man I am enjoying the hell out of this game. 12 hours in and I haven't even started the main quest in Chapter 1. Definitely some of the best side quests of any game I've played.

I can't really speak to the pre-patch performance, but it plays pretty well with the rig in my sig at high settings, but all the eye candy has me eyeing another 6870...

I am cheap and want it to drop down to $15, maybe $20 so I can enjoy me some Witcher 2 goodness.

If you have played the game just once, you really need to replay it at least once and select different guy to help at end of chapter 1 (Iorveth/Roche). Game is totally different on chapter 2 and still has other stuff in chapter 3 so you get a very nice and different experience. Plus you get to know some other people and get a better view on some events that happen "off-screen" during the plot. Good chance to try the dark mode as well since you probably already know how to play efficiently.

I wish all games had alternative path that was completely different but usually you just go through same levels in same way and make few decisions that change the plot. Not so in here. :)

Just got a break from work, and ordered my copy of this game, awesomely beautiful!

If you have played the game just once, you really need to replay it at least once and select different guy to help at end of chapter 1 (Iorveth/Roche). Game is totally different on chapter 2 and still has other stuff in chapter 3 so you get a very nice and different experience. Plus you get to know some other people and get a better view on some events that happen "off-screen" during the plot. Good chance to try the dark mode as well since you probably already know how to play efficiently.

I wish all games had alternative path that was completely different but usually you just go through same levels in same way and make few decisions that change the plot. Not so in here. :)

will do!

Hmm, looks like the Steam version of the game just had it's files converted to a different format (which didn't take long), but was followed by the need for an 8 GB additional download. So much for my plans for some W2 tonight.

Just a heads up for anyone planning on playing anytime soon.

How does this game play on a single 580? obviously no ubersampling but can I max it with 2xaa for example?;1920x1200 btw

How does this game play on a single 580? obviously no ubersampling but can I max it with 2xaa for example?;1920x1200 btw

Im sure it will play fine. It plays fine on my aging system at 1920x1080. The 2.0 really made this game shine. I'm playing through it again right now. ----

At that resolution why would you need AA?

Looks like I timed it well to play it with the fairly recent release of 2.0.

Do I need to go through all the patch increments in order to play the latest version or can I just go with 2.0 on my base install?

It plays really well with my HD 6870 crossfire setup at 1920x1080 with pretty much everything maxed (minus ubersampling) + AA.

Your 580 should have no trouble running at that res, even with AA enabled.

This is one of the rare games that looks absolutely beautiful on a slightly limited setup.

I beat it a few months ago, but im giving it another go because of the new patch :D

I can max things out in theory, but the FPS are seriously inconsistent and it drives me up the wall to go from 60 to 20 fps randomly. Plus, I refuse to play without vsync. Image tearing is a massive no-no for me.
To get a constant never-dropping 60 FPS with vsync I dropped my resolution to 1366x768, kept the draw distance and lights/shadows at "normal."

I'm using FPS Limiter at 30, sounds like it'll be slow but the game is smooth as a babies bottom.

Just started the game and it is amazing, gorgeous to look at and the audio is top drawer. The game looks to have a lot of depth.

I'm using FPS Limiter at 30, sounds like it'll be slow but the game is smooth as a babies bottom.

Just started the game and it is amazing, gorgeous to look at and the audio is top shelf. The game looks to have a lot of depth.

fixed.

Damn right, got 2 weeks to finish it

I'm about 30 hours into it and still haven't finished Chapter 2 yet, so even 2 weeks might be pushing it :D.

It's so nice to have a game that I don't just blow through in a day.

Funny to see this bumped back to the top, my BF3 beta hangover led me to pick this back up last night. The patch put in some nice touches, especially the training mode for those completely unfamiliar with the game. Unfortunately my computer hard froze shortly into the assault... :(

Back