The Wii U is done

Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd parties mean nothing to me, I bought a Wii U for Nintendo games. And this Pachter guy has been ripping Nintendo since the Wii U came out.

In fairness everyone has, not just Patcher.

Sony is undergoing some restructuring like all companies do. Compared to only Microsoft and Nintendo their books look weaker yes, however compared to other companies such as AMD they are more than fine. In other words it's like saying Sony is in the same boat as Atari prior to releasing the Jaguar which is rather absurd.

Folks should be looking at roadmaps, product placement, and support all of which they have in spades. They took a large initial loss on the PS3 but have been turning a profit for awhile now and it's product life still has several more years before they drop support. Worldwide sales have surpassed 360 and before everything is said and done they could technically surpass the Wii since sales have become saturated and stagnant.

The Wii U does not have a solid roadmap, their product placement is terrible and support is non existent.

Can they turn it around? Possibly but I am not seeing anything other than another Gamecube at best with the Wii U. Nintendo still turns a profit so they likely don't care but the consumers should.

For me, I see Nintendo as having a flash in the pan with the Wii. They failed to grasp and plan for the nextgen and the Wii U is the result. Without a significant price drop they are never going to sell many systems especially after One and PS4 are released. No one is going to buy a Wii U at 350 when they have a PS4 playing Killzone or any of the other titles right beside it in the BestBuys and Targets of the world.

Super Mario 3D U is not a big enough game to do that and neither is Wii U Sports or Pikman.

In fairness everyone has, not just Patcher.

Sony is undergoing some restructuring like all companies do. Compared to only Microsoft and Nintendo their books look weaker yes, however compared to other companies such as AMD they are more than fine. In other words it's like saying Sony is in the same boat as Atari prior to releasing the Jaguar which is rather absurd.

Folks should be looking at roadmaps, product placement, and support all of which they have in spades. They took a large initial loss on the PS3 but have been turning a profit for awhile now and it's product life still has several more years before they drop support. Worldwide sales have surpassed 360 and before everything is said and done they could technically surpass the Wii since sales have become saturated and stagnant.

The Wii U does not have a solid roadmap, their product placement is terrible and support is non existent.

Can they turn it around? Possibly but I am not seeing anything other than another Gamecube at best with the Wii U. Nintendo still turns a profit so they likely don't care but the consumers should.

For me, I see Nintendo as having a flash in the pan with the Wii. They failed to grasp and plan for the nextgen and the Wii U is the result. Without a significant price drop they are never going to sell many systems especially after One and PS4 are released. No one is going to buy a Wii U at 350 when they have a PS4 playing Killzone or any of the other titles right beside it in the BestBuys and Targets of the world.

Super Mario 3D U is not a big enough game to do that and neither is Wii U Sports or Pikman.

Let's be frank here, Killzone has NEVER been a system seller. Anyone I've ever talked to has told me that most Killzone games are fairly shitty, and even Killzone 3, the one they consider the best of the series, wasn't worth buying a console for.

What it boils down to, is that both Sony and Microsoft are releasing their new consoles without any solid plans for when their big new game series are coming out. There's a few coming out next year, and a couple of poorly conceived pieces of junk coming out at launch (like RYSE, for example), and some standard 'good' launch titles that would never sell in great quantities outside of a system launch.

Combine these facts with no backwards compatibility, and the releases of some high profile PS3 and Xbox 360 games right before and after the console launches, and you're going to see the new consoles struggling to get the sales everyone expects.

Did you ever stop and think that right now is a completely different market than it was in 2005- 2006? You might not have noticed, but 3 major gaming devices from big name companies have released in the past 3 years and all of them have had slow starts. That's not a coincidence. The only one that's completely recovered is the 3DS, which is now outselling everything that's come before it (when you compare the sales of any other device at the same age of its lifecycle).

I'm not saying Nintendo is definitely going to be fine, but everything points to games. Until a console has a solid library of games, it's not going to sell in any great quantity. It's not a race out of the gate anymore, it's going to be a race to the first compelling library of games.

And for the record, Pachter has been saying Nintendo will fail and become a third party developer for all of Nintendo's consoles since the DS. He's an idiot. The other analysts I've heard of have been making predictions off of some seriously bad data (One said that the slowing sales of the 3DS would ensure that Nintendo would become a third party developer, despite that not being the case at all), and none of them predicting the success of the DS, Wii or 3DS.

At this point, Nintendo needs to market the Wii U well, get the games out, and explain why people should want it. At this point, I'll give you my prediction for the next 12 months.

PS4- initial sales are better than the Wii U's by a big margin, by at least 40% for the first month (qualifier: This is ONLY if Sony provides enough consoles for this to occur. They can't sell consoles they don't have.). The sales drop off very fast, however, and sells 2.5 million between launch and February. The sales stay slow, only garnering another 500,000more for the next 3 months until another major release comes out, seeing a modest spike in console sales. Through the summer, the sales are still slow. By this time next year, the PS4's sales are at about 4.5 million, max.

Xbox One- initial sales are about the same as the Wii U's were at launch, +/- 5% for the first month. Sales dip considerably after the holiday season, seeing a total of 1.3 million sold between launch and February (qualifier: This is because The Xbox One will not be launching in Japan immediately, and even if when it does, it will not sell very much.). They see a stronger bump when a major release comes out in the spring, but still only selling 4 million by this time next summer, max.

PS3 and Xbox 360 - sales through the holidays maintain a steady rate, with the Xbox 360 seeing a bump because of the new model being released. GTA 5 and other major releases steal sales from the PS4 and Xbox One for the first 6 months or more. Sales do not start to drop off until February, but still remain higher than the PS4 and Xbox One.

Wii U- Wii U sees a substantial bump in sales during the next 3 months as new games are released. By the end of the year, the Wii U sells at least another 1 to 2 million. Sales drop off for the next several months, about 400,000 between the end of December and March (qualifier: This depends on when the next big games come out), however sales jump considerably when Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2 and other big game releases come out. By this time Next year, total Wii U sales will be between 6 million and 8 million.

I don't think anyone has enough data yet to predict beyond 12 months, not until more game releases are known. Those games are going to be the biggest deciding factor. And here' unfortunately, is where Sony is going to see the biggest issues. With their financial strain, Sony will not have as much money to devote to game projects as Microsoft or Nintendo does. You'll see more game delays for the PS4 than you see for the Xbox One or Wii U. Also considering the cost of the development for the next generation of games. Don't believe me? How long did Last of Us take to come out? And how long have you been waiting for Last Guardian? And the worst part is, if Sony lays anyone off, they will be sniped by Microsoft or Nintendo, or one of their subsidiaries.

Your last paragraph is ridiculous, their financial "strain" is not going to result in multiple layoffs from their in house studios. If they had financial hardship they would work with other assets outside of their bread and butter that's like saying Nintendo is hurting so they are laying off the Zelda team.

Your predictions on Nintendo are WAY off but everything else seems about right.

And having no solid plans on their AAA releases is again not true at all. Even if it were they have third party support to fill in release gaps. With Nintendo you are waiting a year for their next Mario game. You are seriously not grasping the importance of Madden, Fifa, Cod, and all of the other major third party games.

Also the Last of Us took around 2.5 or 3 years and is probably the best game to come out this generation. How long has Windwaker been in development 2 years and it's only an HD version with limited new features and in no way shape or form be "best in a generation so yea I'd say 3 years is fine.

This is a prime example of Nintendo having horrible planning. Sony Worldwide Studios already have the teams in place and experience needed to move on to the PS4. Nintendo is still dragging their feet trying to catch up with Sony and Microsoft's previous gen development cycles.

EDIT: also when I say Killzone or any other game I am comparing it like you would Tvs.

Who would walk into a store and buy a 55" standard definition TV when right beside it is a 55" HDTV for 50 bucks more?

It's not going to take long for these new platforms to have a larger and more robust library than what the Wii U currently offers or will offer even a year from now.

If you like Action, RPGs, Sports, Stories, Media consumption, online play, FPS, MMOs, racing, etc. You will buy a PS4 or Xbox One.

If you like Nintendo games you MIGHT buy a Wii U.

Last edited:
Also the Last of Us took around 2.5 or 3 years and is probably the best game to come out this generation. How long has Windwaker been in development 2 years and it's only an HD version with limited new features and in no way shape or form be "best in a generation so yea I'd say 3 years is fine.

This is a prime example of Nintendo having horrible planning. Sony Worldwide Studios already have the teams in place and experience needed to move on to the PS4. Nintendo is still dragging their feet trying to catch up with Sony and Microsoft's previous gen development cycles.

First, Last of Us has been in development since 2009, and was only first teased in 2011, 2 years into development. Also, it's debateable whether it's the "best game of the generation". So that's 4 years, not 2.5. Second, Wind Waker HD is being used for experimentation by the development team to apply to the next major Legend of Zelda release. To say it's "been in development for 2 years" is completely misrepresenting the truth. Game companies use game development for one game to test mechanics and improvements for other games. Nintendo does this, Naughty Dog does this, Double Fine does this, everyone does that.

The biggest difference is that if Nintendo feels the need to hire more people to work on their games, they can do that easily. Whereas Sony has and will be working at a deficit for a while, unless they have another building they can sell. Again, Sony's credit rating is so low that if they need a loan, they'll be paying back interest for a while. And with the PS3 taking 3 or more years to become profitable, Sony needs to be able to withstand a likely drought with their PS4.

Your last paragraph is ridiculous, their financial "strain" is not going to result in multiple layoffs from their in house studios. If they had financial hardship they would work with other assets outside of their bread and butter that's like saying Nintendo is hurting so they are laying off the Zelda team.

Your predictions on Nintendo are WAY off but everything else seems about right.

And having no solid plans on their AAA releases is again not true at all. Even if it were they have third party support to fill in release gaps. With Nintendo you are waiting a year for their next Mario game. You are seriously not grasping the importance of Madden, Fifa, Cod, and all of the other major third party games.

You know, 2 months before the release of the Wii, I accurately predicted the sales of the Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii for 6 months out. Turns out, it was fairly easy. My predictions fell apart after that, because I figured Nintendo would have had enough Wiis in the market and that demand would drop at that point. I wasn't correct at that point, as the further out you go, the more difficult it is to guess the outcome of the market, and to take into account game release schedules and market saturation.

I'm also taking into account that FiFa, Madden and COD and most other third party games are coming out for the previous generation of consoles too. That completely negates them all as system sellers.

I think the Wii U sales predictions I have are pretty accurate. The Wii U has already sold close to 4 million at this point, and they will have a much stronger library of games by this time next year, including Mario Kart, which IS a major system seller. By the time the Wii and Xbox 360 came out, the Gamecube and Xbox had very few releases still coming out, which helped convince gamers to upgrade. The Xbox 360 and PS3 have a strong upcoming library still considering the major hardware changes, and that will work against the next generation. The PS3 had a similar problem with the PS2 still having game releases after the PS3 launch.

Well let's just say I doubt this thread dies as its already over 1000 replies so in a year when this thread is the most replied thread in this subforum I'll be happy to say I was wrong but quite frankly I don't see it.

I predicted the Wii selling over 100 million and I don't think I was that far off.

I find it extremely difficult to see any single game Nintendo has other than Zelda (after seeing zplane mario) being a major system seller. If the Wii U was 199.99 sure, but not at 50 less than something leaps and bounds more powerful.

Development times are not something you should be pursuing, given Nintendos own statements it's not an argument you can win.

Well let's just say I doubt this thread dies as its already over 1000 replies so in a year when this thread is the most replied thread in this subforum I'll be happy to say I was wrong but quite frankly I don't see it.

I predicted the Wii selling over 100 million and I don't think I was that far off.

I find it extremely difficult to see any single game Nintendo has other than Zelda (after seeing zplane mario) being a major system seller. If the Wii U was 199.99 sure, but not at 50 less than something leaps and bounds more powerful.

Development times are not something you should be pursuing, given Nintendos own statements it's not an argument you can win.

Actually, it is something I can win, since Nintendo was intelligent enough to compensate for protracted development cycles by improved development software and increased development teams.

As for system sellers, Nintendo has probably the following system sellers confirmed:

-Zelda HD (the new one)
-Mario Kart 8 (33 million Mario Kart Wii copies sold, that's pretty impressive)
-Bayonetta 2 (I've heard a surprising number of people say that's the title they're waiting for)
-Super Smas Brothers (Mega Man being a confirmed character sold it to many people apparently)
-X (debateable, but it does look really good)
-Super Mario 3D world (I'm putting it on this list because Super Mario 3D Land sold the 3DS like crazy).

There's other games coming out, but they're not major system sellers. These include Earthbound (the original SNES cartridge is $100 to $200, so it's hard to find it legally otherwise, Zelda Wind Waker (Looks good, but it's not a game people buy a console for), Wii Fit U & Wii Party U (They don't look that good, but it may appeal to some people. I can't speak for everyone.).

A gambit Nintendo may be attempting is a major push in the second half of the year to get out a lot of games out for the "non-traditional" gamers to really push the Wii U's sales up and to encourage third party developers. That would require a very large marketting push that Nintendo didn't do very well with the last holiday season. Their ads weren't... terrible, but they didn't really push the fact that it was an entirely new console.

Smash Brothers and Mariokart will be bigger system movers than a new Zelda game. I love Zelda, but it's not the system mover Nintendo needs right now. Hell, Twilight Princess and Skyward sword combined were still short of Smash Bros total sales. Mariokart destroyed both of them. People love these games, and I know plenty of people who didn't buy an original Wii until after Smash brothers was released. I expect the same from them for the Wii U (since a lot of them still play Brawl for some reason).

All Nintendo has to do is come out with a Pokemon game for the Wii U. Pokemon moves systems like crazy. It boggles my mind that they haven't come out with a traditional Pokemon console game; this is a goldmine waiting to be explored.

Smash Brothers and Mariokart will be bigger system movers than a new Zelda game. I love Zelda, but it's not the system mover Nintendo needs right now. Hell, Twilight Princess and Skyward sword combined were still short of Smash Bros total sales. Mariokart destroyed both of them. People love these games, and I know plenty of people who didn't buy an original Wii until after Smash brothers was released. I expect the same from them for the Wii U (since a lot of them still play Brawl for some reason).

All Nintendo has to do is come out with a Pokemon game for the Wii U. Pokemon moves systems like crazy. It boggles my mind that they haven't come out with a traditional Pokemon console game; this is a goldmine waiting to be explored.
An HD Pokemon game for the WiiU with online battles and Miiverse integration would literally print money. I don't see why they would not pursue this either.

An HD Pokemon game for the WiiU with online battles and Miiverse integration would literally print money. I don't see why they would not pursue this either.

Because then they would sell less handhelds!

I really believe this is how Nintendo thinks and it's quite sad. Imagine if they had a 3DS / Wii U cross compatible game some how. I'm really no pokemon fan, at all, but the die-hards would eat this up!

I really believe this is how Nintendo thinks and it's quite sad. Imagine if they had a 3DS / Wii U cross compatible game some how. I'm really no pokemon fan, at all, but the die-hards would eat this up!

A lot of their recent games have been both 3DS+WiiU. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate allows cross-platform play between them. That would be PERFECT for a Pokemon game. Play in HD on your Wii U at home, battle on your 3DS on the road.

Actually, it is something I can win, since Nintendo was intelligent enough to compensate for protracted development cycles by improved development software and increased development teams.

As for system sellers, Nintendo has probably the following system sellers confirmed:

-Zelda HD (the new one)
-Mario Kart 8 (33 million Mario Kart Wii copies sold, that's pretty impressive)
-Bayonetta 2 (I've heard a surprising number of people say that's the title they're waiting for)
-Super Smas Brothers (Mega Man being a confirmed character sold it to many people apparently)
-X (debateable, but it does look really good)
-Super Mario 3D world (I'm putting it on this list because Super Mario 3D Land sold the 3DS like crazy).

There's other games coming out, but they're not major system sellers. These include Earthbound (the original SNES cartridge is $100 to $200, so it's hard to find it legally otherwise, Zelda Wind Waker (Looks good, but it's not a game people buy a console for), Wii Fit U & Wii Party U (They don't look that good, but it may appeal to some people. I can't speak for everyone.).

A gambit Nintendo may be attempting is a major push in the second half of the year to get out a lot of games out for the "non-traditional" gamers to really push the Wii U's sales up and to encourage third party developers. That would require a very large marketting push that Nintendo didn't do very well with the last holiday season. Their ads weren't... terrible, but they didn't really push the fact that it was an entirely new console.

Unfortunately no, it's not something you can win. Nintendo has already stated they failed to understand the amount of work needed to make just current gen games. It is taking their own in house teams an eternity to even know what they are doing.

MS and Sony are well past that at this point. They dealt with current gen back in 06, not 2013. I don't know about Microsoft but when Sony says their time to triangle is back to 1-3 months and they are sharing all in house resources to third parties I'd say they know what they are doing.

For Nintendo it wasn't really complex hardware, it was their sheer lack of understanding the HD era. They hit that brick wall and are righting the ship but the damage has already been done. Nintendo is finally seeing that they can't rely on one or two men who make their top titles anymore. Games are vastly more complicated with increased hardware. A few teams of 20 people aren't going to cut it anymore.

A lot of their recent games have been both 3DS+WiiU. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate allows cross-platform play between them. That would be PERFECT for a Pokemon game. Play in HD on your Wii U at home, battle on your 3DS on the road.

Good point. Maybe, just maybe this will happen sooner than later. Let's hope so for Nintendos sake. Maybe Smash Bros will be their test mule for this with Pokemon.

Good point. Maybe, just maybe this will happen sooner than later. Let's hope so for Nintendos sake. Maybe Smash Bros will be their test mule for this with Pokemon.

Wasn't the test mule for this Pokemon Stadium for N64 and Pokemon Battle Colosseum for GameCube?

If they do end up making another Pokemon game for the wiiu i can pretty much guarantee it will probably be something stupid gimmick like Pokemon Snap 2

Unfortunately no, it's not something you can win. Nintendo has already stated they failed to understand the amount of work needed to make just current gen games. It is taking their own in house teams an eternity to even know what they are doing.

MS and Sony are well past that at this point. They dealt with current gen back in 06, not 2013. I don't know about Microsoft but when Sony says their time to triangle is back to 1-3 months and they are sharing all in house resources to third parties I'd say they know what they are doing.

For Nintendo it wasn't really complex hardware, it was their sheer lack of understanding the HD era. They hit that brick wall and are righting the ship but the damage has already been done. Nintendo is finally seeing that they can't rely on one or two men who make their top titles anymore. Games are vastly more complicated with increased hardware. A few teams of 20 people aren't going to cut it anymore.

you just don't know when to quit do you?

you just don't know when to quit do you?

When no one has broken my arguments I don't have to. It's not like Nintendo is making it hard for me. For instance with ballistic90's own projections Nintendo fails to meet even half of their expectations and I never commented on it. Didn't feel I had to considering no one could argue the case that Nintendo is not inflating their numbers to present a false narrative.

^ lol so once again you think you are smarter than Nintendo and everyone else eh?

Mods, it's time to lock this thread as it's done....

^ lol so once again you think you are smarter than Nintendo and everyone else eh?

Mods, it's time to lock this thread as it's done....

What do you believe every thread is? Debate, Discussion, News. This thread was not created to praise Nintendo. I'm obviously not trolling and debate is still ongoing, if you can't keep up or can't rationally debate feel free to stop posting or go post in the other Nintendo thread that has 20 responses from the same 4 people praising it.

While I may not agree with some of ballistics post he at least challenges my arguments and doesn't ask the Mods to lock a thread you're losing an argument too.

EDIT: And yes I do believe I could do a better job at allocating resources within Nintendo than they can. The first thing I would do is initiate a 500 million dollar advertising campaign and throw a billion dollars at development restructuring and hiring. The second thing I would do is start putting resources together to build a new console within 2 years (probably AMD x86 based) that would be 15-25% more powerful than either the PS4 or XBone, no bs gimmicks just a console and games. I would probably invest a few hundred million into a proper online experience.

There, fixed and Nintendo still has 8 billion dollars in the bank.

Last edited:
When no one has broken my arguments I don't have to. It's not like Nintendo is making it hard for me. For instance with ballistic90's own projections Nintendo fails to meet even half of their expectations and I never commented on it. Didn't feel I had to considering no one could argue the case that Nintendo is not inflating their numbers to present a false narrative.

You don't HAVE an argument. Speculation =/= argument. And your speculation isn't any more valid than anyone else's.

Bottom line: The Wii U is NOT done. They're just now getting started.

You don't HAVE an argument. Speculation =/= argument. And your speculation isn't any more valid than anyone else's.

Bottom line: The Wii U is NOT done. They're just now getting started.

Horrible sales figures, abandoning third parties, industry rep statements, horrible development team management, exceptionally high price of entry, and ridiculous sales forecasts are speculation?

That's certainly news to me, stating they are just getting started is a feel good tactic to make someone feel better about their purchase given the Wii U market.

Perhaps I should say Sony is just getting started with Vita?

Horrible sales figures, abandoning third parties, industry rep statements, horrible development team management, exceptionally high price of entry, and ridiculous sales forecasts are speculation?

That's certainly news to me, stating they are just getting started is a feel good tactic to make someone feel better about their purchase given the Wii U market.

Considering they don't really have a flagship title out yet, I'd still consider them just getting started. I believe they rushed the launch to be the first "next-gen" out and make a quick buck on the early adopters. I would venture to say that Nintendo secretly expected this kind of lackluster performance but publicly would never reveal this. They made a profit off of these first consoles sold and will push a price cut come this upcoming holiday season when they actually have titles Nintendo fans are looking for.

At this point you can say whatever you want. I stopped caring about 20 thread pages ago.

Considering they don't really have a flagship title out yet, I'd still consider them just getting started. I believe they rushed the launch to be the first "next-gen" out and make a quick buck on the early adopters. I would venture to say that Nintendo secretly expected this kind of lackluster performance but publicly would never reveal this. They made a profit off of these first consoles sold and will push a price cut come this upcoming holiday season when they actually have titles Nintendo fans are looking for.

What holiday games? DKC, Wii U Sports, Mario U and Pikmon? If Nintendo had this schedule I'd see it;

July - Pikmon / Wonderful 101
PRICE CUT: 249.99
August - DKC
September - Smash Bros
October - Wii U Sports
November - Mario Zplane Edition 3D U
December - Pokemon / Zelda U (not HD Wind Waker)
Jan-Mar - Mario Kart U
Apr-Jun - AAA Nintendo title
PRICE CUT: 199.99
July-Sep - AAA Nintendo title
etc.

If they could drop the price to 249.99 and release those games with a very large marketing push and continued quarterly release cycles afterwards they might have been ok. The problem with pushing games off that have basically gone gold months ago is that they give a false impression of releases. How quick will people forget after the gaming rush over the next 6-9 months that both before and after they will be waiting forever for another title?

What is Nintendo going to do re-release the 16bit versions of Mario RPG and FZero to tide everyone over for the last half of '14 till the holiday releases of the new Mario (insert whatever here) title?

What do you believe every thread is? Debate, Discussion, News. This thread was not created to praise Nintendo. I'm obviously not trolling and debate is still ongoing, if you can't keep up or can't rationally debate feel free to stop posting or go post in the other Nintendo thread that has 20 responses from the same 4 people praising it.

While I may not agree with some of ballistics post he at least challenges my arguments and doesn't ask the Mods to lock a thread you're losing an argument too.

EDIT: And yes I do believe I could do a better job at allocating resources within Nintendo than they can. The first thing I would do is initiate a 500 million dollar advertising campaign and throw a billion dollars at development restructuring and hiring. The second thing I would do is start putting resources together to build a new console within 2 years (probably AMD x86 based) that would be 15-25% more powerful than either the PS4 or XBone, no bs gimmicks just a console and games. I would probably invest a few hundred million into a proper online experience.

There, fixed and Nintendo still has 8 billion dollars in the bank.

see post directly above this one you made. I don't know why you hates Nintendo so much but maybe someone dressed up as Mario and did bad things to you as a child? Who knows....

/thread

Guys,

No matter what you say, next-Jin believes that he's right no matter what so it's pretty much pointless to talk about this issue with him.

Last edited:
Mario Zplane Edition 3D U??

can you toss any more words to describe the difference between this any other versions of mario? geeze.

see post directly above this one you made. I don't know why you hates Nintendo so much but maybe someone dressed up as Mario and did bad things to you as a child? Who knows....

/thread

Guys,

No matter what you say, next-Jin believes that he's right no matter what so it's pretty much pointless to talk about this issue with him.

I don't hate Nintendo, they are kicking ass with the 3DS and I love mine. I don't think I am right or wrong, I'm just observing the facts.

You keep harping on insults instead of refuting anything.

EDIT: I especially love how you say;

it's pretty much pointless to talk about this issue with him

So you acknowledge there is definately an issue in Nintendo land with the Wii U. Tell me those issues and how they are different than the ones I am debating?

Last edited:
Mario Zplane Edition 3D U??

can you toss any more words to describe the difference between this any other versions of mario? geeze.

That's the easiest way to describe the game, sort of like saying Zelda Wind Waker HD Wii U Edition.

Game developers: Nintendo's Wii U is a 'disappointment'. The only reason they won last generation was because of the motion control gimmick. Not saying the Wii U is going to fail but i'm pretty sure it will be dead last this next gen.

You guys need to chill out, kick back, drink some beers and actually PLAY some games and stop worrying about who's going to fail. Enjoy what we've got...

Honestly, I don't even know why so many people here are calling the system a failure. It seems like the majority of this forum has multiple consoles and/or a gaming computer, so whether or not the WiiU system has a ton of 3rd party games, it's not like you are going to be left out. Personally I buy Nintendo consoles because I want to play Nintendo games. I use the PC for any multiplatform titles, and FPS, and I use my PS3 for JRPGs and the exclusives, and I use Nintendo consoles for Mario/Zelda/Metroid/SmashBros games. If the WiiU isn't worth it to you for those games, that's totally understandable, but it just seems that a lot of gamers here are beating on the WiiU for no other reason. But that's been the real selling point of their consoles for the last 3 generations (aside from motion control on the WiiU selling to families and casual gamers).

I don't hate Nintendo, they are kicking ass with the 3DS and I love mine. I don't think I am right or wrong, I'm just observing the facts.

You keep harping on insults instead of refuting anything.

EDIT: I especially love how you say;

So you acknowledge there is definately an issue in Nintendo land with the Wii U. Tell me those issues and how they are different than the ones I am debating?

no, what I am saying is that you are too thick headed to stop puking up the same crap over and over again.

We get it, you don't like Nintendo and their Wii U, you think you are smarter than everyone else in this discussion, you think your arguments have no errors.

no, what I am saying is that you are too thick headed to stop puking up the same crap over and over again.

We get it, you don't like Nintendo and their Wii U, you think you are smarter than everyone else in this discussion, you think your arguments have no errors.

So I hate Nintendo yet have a SNES, N64, Wii + Dolphin via HTPC and a 3DS, just because I point out legitimate issues with the Wii U?

C’mon man, try and be original for once. If my arguments have errors please point them out. Some people have tried in this thread, yet you continue to up your post count by throwing out insults and rants.

We get it, you wasted 350 dollars + cost of games and accessories and think Nintendo is still the same company that they were during the SNES era. You think your rants and insults will validate your purchase and hate me because I am publically pointing out legitimate concerns about the Wii U.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back