The Wii U is done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im telling you guys...dont even bother. Jin has a history of this and approaches EVERY SINGLE THREAD the same way

I just bought one! It's been all PC gaming for me for the last year. PS4 and XB1 didn't have any exclusives that I want.

Im telling you guys...dont even bother. Jin has a history of this and approaches EVERY SINGLE THREAD the same way

That's not true at all lol, this is the only thread where I'm discussing market situations and theory based on trends.

It sucks for Wii U owners and fans of the brand apparently but there are other threads they can partake in discussing the Wii U that I stay out of since they are not talking about the consoles actual status.

Just because you were wrong about everything you tried to argue a year ago doesn't mean we can't be friends Vlad. You know you could actually have a conversation and try to redeem some of your failings from previous debates.

That's not true at all lol, this is the only thread where I'm discussing market situations and theory based on trends.

It sucks for Wii U owners and fans of the brand apparently but there are other threads they can partake in discussing the Wii U that I stay out of since they are not talking about the consoles actual status.

Just because you were wrong about everything you tried to argue a year ago doesn't mean we can't be friends Vlad. You know you could actually have a conversation and try to redeem some of your failings from previous debates.

Point proven. This guy never shuts up

Wow, just wow.

I just bought the Wii U bundle and I don't regret my purchase at all! Having never owned a Wii before and being more of a casual gamer these days helped solidify my purchase. So far I've just been playing Mario Galaxy lol.

If either Star Fox or Zelda were out today, I'd own a Wii U. I think it is slowly picking up steam as far as sales isn't it? I don't think I have ever read a post by someone who bought the console and regretted it, or complained about a lack of good games.

If either Star Fox or Zelda were out today, I'd own a Wii U. I think it is slowly picking up steam as far as sales isn't it? I don't think I have ever read a post by someone who bought the console and regretted it, or complained about a lack of good games.

Seems like sales are picking up, I don't really follow sales charts and that, but it sounds like Nintendo (as well as Sony and MS) saw growth over the holidays. Apparently those Amiibos are taking off as well.

If I had to choose only one console, it probably wouldn't be the Wii U. Sure, I love the first party titles, but I'd also want the 3rd party support. But as a companion console, it absolutely makes sense. Like another poster implied, if I already had a gaming PC, there's not many exclusives for PS4 or Xbone that would really benefit me for owning one. Perhaps in a couple of years, but with a Wii U the great exclusive titles are here now and more are on the way.

With that said, had Nintendo released a system on par with Sony and MS (hardware wise), and had that third party support, I'd have no problem just having a Wii U as my main console. Until I moved back into civilisation and built myself a new gaming PC, that is.

The tides have definitely shifted. The Wii U went from a mockery with no games to an exclusive power house. I own 13 physical copies of games, and numerous eShop downloads.. The Wii U is just plain fun to own and play. Exactly what gaming should be

Sounds like you'll be buying one this year, then. Star Fox U was confirmed for release this year, due out before Zelda U, which is also coming this year.

Sounds like you'll be buying one this year, then. Star Fox U was confirmed for release this year, due out before Zelda U, which is also coming this year.

Bring it on! Any good reason is enough to get me on board. I almost bit with Bayoneta 2, but that style of action isn't really my favorite. A great JRPG that is not set in space might lure me. Something like a Souls game or a good open world Western RPG I would go for. A awesome shooter like N64's Goldeneye or Turok would be great. Splatoon perhaps. Right now though it looks like Star Fox or Zelda.

Well I guess if you have nothing to comment on this is a solid post. At least you didn't try to bring up old stuff.

or its the fact that your so dense and full of yourself i gave up a hell of a long time ago, like everyone in this thread needs to do and everyone whos posted in this thread in the past already has. Thick skull

or its the fact that your so dense and full of yourself i gave up a hell of a long time ago, like everyone in this thread needs to do and everyone whos posted in this thread in the past already has. Thick skull

Really?

At least some folks actually try to hold a conversation you just jump in and jump out.

On topic though I'm curious to see what Nintendo does for their next console, the idea of a hybrid type platform could pay off in the way the Wii originally did with a one off gamble.

It wouldn't help third parties or their brands staying power imo. I couldn't imagine it would be all that powerful unless it managed on the go and stationary settings differently.

Another issue I see as a problem is handheld vs console game types. If the Vita has proven anything it's that no one wants normal console type experiences on the go.

Really?

At least some folks actually try to hold a conversation you just jump in and jump out.

On topic though I'm curious to see what Nintendo does for their next console, the idea of a hybrid type platform could pay off in the way the Wii originally did with a one off gamble.

It wouldn't help third parties or their brands staying power imo. I couldn't imagine it would be all that powerful unless it managed on the go and stationary settings differently.

Another issue I see as a problem is handheld vs console game types. If the Vita has proven anything it's that no one wants normal console type experiences on the go.

Im stating the absolute obvious, you've been ranting about this for well over a year and its sickening frankly. People are just now seeing the thread because YOU YOURSELF bumped it to the front page AGAIN. Just let it die already, nobody wants to hear your crap on this topic anymore, which is blatently obvious by other peoples replies already

Im stating the absolute obvious, you've been ranting about this for well over a year and its sickening frankly. People are just now seeing the thread because YOU YOURSELF bumped it to the front page AGAIN. Just let it die already, nobody wants to hear your crap on this topic anymore, which is blatently obvious by other peoples replies already

It was bumped because the Wii U had many GOTY contenders and absolutely nothing changed with many peoples predictions.

I can't remember how many times folks came into this thread saying my estimates were WAY too low and it would at least sell as many systems as the GameCube and likely more.

This thread was never about anything other than sales figures and lack of interest from developers and consumers.

Just like the Xbox One and PS4 power differences, sales estimates, etc. you were wrong here too.

Now that the sales debates are over I am bringing up what it means for Nintendo as far as trends go. I'd rather not start a whole new thread because it's still perfectly inline with the original OP.

For a very long time, this thread has been about your ego, your need to be right, and your strange sense of pride in the post count.

If you want to discuss Nintendo's future, start a new thread. But at this point, I have zero interest in discussing or debating anything with you because of your repetitive, smug, condescending horseshit.

For a very long time, this thread has been about your ego, your need to be right, and your strange sense of pride in the post count.

If you want to discuss Nintendo's future, start a new thread. But at this point, I have zero interest in discussing or debating anything with you because of your repetitive, smug, condescending horseshit.

:D:D:D:D

Condescending? I'm fairly confident I've asked questions or brought up facts and the responses have been on par with condescending, name calling and what have you.

There is no need for me to be right or some high and mighty attitude, they are simple questions that no one wants to address with a straight face.

They are perfectly legitimate observations, and if no one wants to address them it either means the topic is too sensitive to folks or they can't address them as they are logical conclusions someone would have given the information we have.

Most of ya'll said you had given up and moved on to the other thread which is on fire I must say.

Condescending? I'm fairly confident I've asked questions or brought up facts and the responses have been on par with condescending, name calling and what have you.

There is no need for me to be right or some high and mighty attitude, they are simple questions that no one wants to address with a straight face.

They are perfectly legitimate observations, and if no one wants to address them it either means the topic is too sensitive to folks or they can't address them as they are logical conclusions someone would have given the information we have.

Most of ya'll said you had given up and moved on to the other thread which is on fire I must say.

You think it's fine? How generous.

See, more repetitive, smug, condescending horseshit that you think quantifies as a discussion.

Next-Jin this entire thread

9wsKTqX.png

See, more repetitive, smug, condescending horseshit that you think quantifies as a discussion.

And no response, that's exactly what I'm talking about. It's not smug or condescending in the slightest. If you don't want to discuss leave the thread.

I don't see what's so complicated about it, a historical loss of 15 million units on average every generation and the Wii U will never hit 15 million.

Many AAA games that haven't moved consoles no matter how good they are also suggests with console sales that their base has been shrinking.

Moving into other markets, terrible third party relations, negative attitude towards the West, I could go on.

If you or the minority of Nintendo fans want to discuss something else stop posting. It's as simple as that, ya'll obviously don't want to talk about those glaring topics in a thread based entirely or related to the subject.

They are clear and concise talking points that are factual and related to the OP.

Dude just will not STFU.

Because a handful of you have posted nothing but trash the last 2 pages, I post observations and all I get is what equates to a baby screaming because it can't have its way.

We get it, some of you love Nintendo games that's awesome. It has no bearing on what I'm talking about so if you have nothing to add stay out of the thread.

if you have nothing to add stay out of the thread.

Take your advice. You are not adding observations. Something so simple would make for a decent conversation. You are stating your observations as though they are fact and in order to actually discuss anything with you everyone else is required to refute your opinions with actual facts or you simply dismiss it.

Theres nothing added to the conversation by you. Its a one way bash fest under the guise of discussion. The way you act on here leaves no room for any sort of discussion with you.

You either completely lack any self awareness or are trolling. Im honestly not sure which.

Take your advice. You are not adding observations. Something so simple would make for a decent conversation. You are stating your observations as though they are fact and in order to actually discuss anything with you everyone else is required to refute your opinions with actual facts or you simply dismiss it.

Theres nothing added to the conversation by you. Its a one way bash fest under the guise of discussion. The way you act on here leaves no room for any sort of discussion with you.

You either completely lack any self awareness or are trolling. Im honestly not sure which.

This x 1000.

The so-called trash is nothing more than a reaction to Next-jin being a complete tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back