The Router Recommendations Thread (Consumer)

techie81

[H]ard for [H]ardware
I think it's time for a new router. I currently have a RT-AC66U and it's been slowly deteriorating signal and the power button no longer works.

I just read a ton of reviews for consumer routers and they all seem like junk. Any recommendations? I am not opposed to spending $100-$200 if it can get me something that will actually work and last.

CAD4466HK

[H]ard|Gawd
I think it's time for a new router. I currently have a RT-AC66U and it's been slowly deteriorating signal and the power button no longer works.

I just read a ton of reviews for consumer routers and they all seem like junk. Any recommendations? I am not opposed to spending $100-$200 if it can get me something that will actually work and last.
I had a RT-AC68P just recently shit the bed on me about 2 weeks ago,11yrs old. Searched around and the only "good" ASUS router I could find in both the AX and $200 bracket was the RT-AX82U for $233. Despite being massive and having fuckin RGB(w/switch to disable), its a pretty stout router, even being loaded with 16 devices.
Granted I've only had it a week...but I hope it lasts as long as the RT-AC68P.