The official Red Orchestra 2 thread

Just killed some guy and had my stats go bananas. I now have thousands of kills along with nearly a 3.0 KDR and I unlocked like 15 new achievements. All from one kill.

I just had this happen, lol so awesome.

First like... 12s straight had notificiations scrolling.

Also, it only affected 1 class and NOT the class that was active at the time.

Edit: also wanted to point out that besides this, I have had no issues at all with the game.

I played for almost 3 hours straight last night without a single problem. I had a blast!

Are their any jeeps in the game? The game looks cool, its just I like to have some vehicles in my game. Multiplayer that is.

Rather disappointed with that, now that I think about it. Didn't the original also have half-tracks too?

The original had (according to some site):

Soviets:
a light 4 wheeled thing (the BA-64)
The universal carrier light armored tracked canadian thing and
The SU76, T60, T34(2 types), KV-1s, and IS-2 tanks

Germans:
SdKfz 251 half track
Panther G, Panzer IV(3 types), Stug IIIG, Tiger IE and Panzer IIIL

RO2 has tank each side only... so hopefully there shall be more things to drive into things soon :D

I heard a stats reset is imminent in the next few weeks. I guess it will level the playing field for all of those who received Hero status without earning it with unlocks.

Yeah, I read that a few days ago on another forum. That's a total load of bullshit. I also don't appreciate the condescending tone in which that post was made.

I seriously doubt it's the details that are making my 6970 drop below 30 frames per second with a pretty modest mix of medium and high settings.

I won't ever be buying a game at launch from these guys again.

Look at the players dropping like flies:

http://steamgraph.burstpixel.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=35450&from=0

Here's what the drop has looked like over the course of one week:

http://steamgraph.burstpixel.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=35450

The other day when the BF3 beta came out I tried to find one populated server pinging below 100 that morning and couldn't. Unless these clowns get their act together this game will be dead by the end of the year.

Last edited:
On the TWI forums the guy who was responsible for the bricks on the ground (which is what was removed) explained it very clearly.
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=909460&postcount=100

Basically the groups of bricks on the ground were responsible for a lot of the cpu/gpu power, so it was cut back so people could run it better.

I see people say this game looks like 2005 graphics, or a hl2 source mod. I just have to ask, are they blind or am I?

When you runt he game with ultra, high characters, etc it's easily one of the best looking fps mp games out there (Well aside from BF3), but graphics wise it looks better then MW2/3 to me, with it's real time shadows/lighting, the lightshafts from light sources, etc.

The only thing missing is the environmental destruction.

It might be an engine limitation but you can't tell me that a bunch of bricks on the ground is going to cause a massive hit in framerate in even a recent version of UE3.

They released a beta build today that has the sound bug fixed, and stats as well as the goal. Download the beta build and give it a whirl to see if it helps out.

Yeah, I read that a few days ago on another forum. That's a total load of bullshit. I also don't appreciate the condescending tone in which that post was made.

I seriously doubt it's the details that are making my 6970 drop below 30 frames per second with a pretty modest mix of medium and high settings.

I won't ever be buying a game at launch from these guys again.

Look at the players dropping like flies:

http://steamgraph.burstpixel.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=35450&from=0

Here's what the drop has looked like over the course of one week:

http://steamgraph.burstpixel.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=35450

The other day when the BF3 beta came out I tried to find one populated server pinging below 100 that morning and couldn't. Unless these clowns get their act together this game will be dead by the end of the year.

This game wasn't meant to be BF or COD. If you want 10,000 people playing all day every day I think you know where to look. (not being condescending but just honest)

RO2 has some of the most polygons and shaders in an FPS game to date. Remember this game was not made for consoles(4 year old technology), so they upped the anty on what was needed.

You might say, "Well other games look better." That may be true but they went for a blown out war torn feel to the game. The dev team said when you play new games everything looks like it just got a fresh coat of paint or was just waxed clean. They were not going for that look. So, the game may not "appear" to be as detailed, although it is very much so.

This game wasn't meant to be BF or COD. If you want 10,000 people playing all day every day I think you know where to look. (not being condescending but just honest)

RO2 has some of the most polygons and shaders in an FPS game to date. Remember this game was not made for consoles(4 year old technology), so they upped the anty on what was needed.

You might say, "Well other games look better." That may be true but they went for a blown out war torn feel to the game. The dev team said when you play new games everything looks like it just got a fresh coat of paint or was just waxed clean. They were not going for that look. So, the game may not "appear" to be as detailed, although it is very much so.

I don't care how many people are playing as long a I can find a game whenever I want. The other morning I couldn't even do that.

Also, the game should not run like shit on a 6970. Period. That's all I have to say.

I don't care how many people are playing as long a I can find a game whenever I want. The other morning I couldn't even do that.

Also, the game should not run like shit on a 6970. Period. That's all I have to say.

They found a bug in the CPU that is causing a massive CPU bottleneck on certain processors. Check your GPU usage, If yours is really low, you are likely hitting this issue.

They have posted this up several times they are working on fixing it.

New patch coming this week:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/RO2/announcements/detail/1353554621909370281

Hey guys,

It has been a few days since I last had a chance to talk with you. While I was out of town at a wedding, the team has been hard at work bringing you another update for RO 2. This will be a large update (several gigs in size) due to the art/level changes that have gone into it dealing with performance and graphical improvements (which will cause some areas on the maps as well as weapons/characters in some situations to look significantly better when not in the primary light source).

We've also been actively running the stand alone beta build of the game to identify and fix stats and achievement issues. If all goes well we believe we will have this wrapped up soon.

So in summary here is what you can expect:
1) Graphical Improvements in some lighting conditions
2) Improved performance in nearly every map
3) Stats/achievements systems fixed
4) Fix of the sound loss on map change (again... this time with feeling)
5) Several minor performance enhancements in code

At the same time we will likely roll out our next update of the SDK for those who have it, fixing a few more issues (the highlight being Play In Editor).

The timing of when this update rolls out largely depends on how our testing of the stats system goes in the beta build. When we push out the next update for it, we would appreciate your help hammering at it. See you on the front!

The graphic detail that was removed (The bricks) are back with this patch.

There is a new achievement listed on steam as well:

In B4 Reset

Which is a pretty good hint that stats and achievements will all be wiped with the next patch.

Announcement about stats:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/RO2/announcements/detail/1353554621924859693?

So we planned on putting this press release out as soon as we put out the update that fixed the stats. But since the achievement "In B4 Reset" found its way into to public already, I'll go ahead and post this up here now so you guys know what is coming up. You'll likely see a modified version of this press release come out in the next few days when we release the update. And this is the current plan, but things can always change, so if something changes please don't come back later and go "but you guys promised you were going to do X" We don't promise, we let you know what the current plans/ideas are, but those can always change!

Red Orchestra 2 - The State of the Game

By most business measures Red Orchestra 2 has been a smashing success for Tripwire Interactive. Within 2 days of the launch of Red Orchestra 2 it had surpassed the lifetime revenue of the original Red Orchestra that has been selling for over 5 years. The pre-sales and launch week sales of the game broke all company records even beating out our hit game Killing Floor by a three times margin. And Red Orchestra 2 has quickly established itself as one of the most played games on Steam. But for all of this success we've not done as well as we would have liked in the most important area to us - the happiness of all of our customers. To put it bluntly the game had a rough launch. We've been working diligently since launch to get these issues sorted and have made great progress fixing issues with matchmaking, VOIP, and stability as well as improving performance. The final major area that we've been working on is stats, player progression, and ranking.

We believe we have all of the major issues worked out with the stats system and are rolling out an update soon that should address these issues. Due to the problems with stats and players either earning stats and achievements that they didn't actually earn or earning stats at many times the intended rate we are going to have to do a global reset of all stats for the game. This means all achievements, stats and player progression will be rolled back as if all players were new. This was not an easy decision for us to make, but one we felt we needed to do to preserve the integrity of the stats and ranking system, and to provide all of the players the best experience with the game over the long term. Knowing that there are people that have been playing the game for a few weeks now and will lose the stats for that time we are going to provide a special bonus to all players. For a limited time all players will earn double experience in Red Orchestra 2. Additionally, we going to give all players that own the game before the reset a special achievement called "In B4 Reset". Right now this is just an achievement, but we're going to be looking at ways to give special rewards to the players that have this achievement in the future.

Thank you to all of the players that have made Red Orchestra 2 a hit so far. We've got a lot of exciting things in store with free content coming for the game so stay tuned for news on that.

Not a single issue here, 4 ghz i7 930, 570GTX - 60fps locked

Played for 5 hourse straight over the weekend. No crashes

As always stick with Nvida and you will be alright :)

I'm super excited about the stats reset. I stopped playing because I was so annoyed that i super leveled up without playing.

So I just installed the latest Catalyst application profile... I'm still running 40-50 FPS outside in a 64 person server @ max 1920x1200 forcing 4X MSAA. Adding on MLAA to that doesn't change my FPS at all. This seems low considering I have a 2600k @ 4.4 and 2 6950s.
Hell Battlefield 3 beta runs better.

Fine with the reset. I don't think a single person has accurate stats that truly reflect their playtime or score, so nobody ought to be griping.

In terms of gameplay style, I love this game. But it is also frustrating as hell.

Draw distance and distant enemies are still wildly inconsistent.

But the most frustrating part is how few servers there are that I enjoy. I like full realism, 64 player, low ping servers. Only 2 match those descriptions for me, and are usually crowded.

In terms of gameplay style, I love this game. But it is also frustrating as hell.

Draw distance and distant enemies are still wildly inconsistent.

But the most frustrating part is how few servers there are that I enjoy. I like full realism, 64 player, low ping servers. Only 2 match those descriptions for me, and are usually crowded.

=7Cav=? ;)

I find that =7Cav= and SFSS have fluctuating latency and are filled with people who have ~300ms pings. Strange thing is pre-release they were both awesome servers to play on with little to no network lag.

I forget what servers I play on now but they are not it.

I think the 7th Cav server is one of the ones that I ping 50 to in the server browser, but when I join, everyone including myself have 150+. Maybe supporting 64 players is too tough on the server?

I think the 7th Cav server is one of the ones that I ping 50 to in the server browser, but when I join, everyone including myself have 150+. Maybe supporting 64 players is too tough on the server?

I am sysadmin of the 7cav server,

Nope, our server meets the requirements of 64 players. (E3 1270, 16gb ram etc). There are currently a few bugs TWI is looking into. http://list.tripwireinteractive.com...pwireinteractive.com/2011-October/thread.html is where you can read about it some, other admins having same issue.

However, you need to take note, that UE 3 shows pings VERY differently than any other game you play. It is not using ICMP.

Here is some resources:

[TW]Ramm-Jaeger;899148 said:
Actually Punkbuster should NOT make your pings go up 20ms, and should have a negligible affect on ping. If you are experiencing a consistent ping increase of 20ms when PB is enabled vs disabled then I would like to know and will bring it up with the PB guys.

Regarding ping in Unreal - the way that Unreal calculates the in-game ping is different than some other game engines. Some other game engines split out their network updating from their gameplay code and even if their gameplay code is running slowly due to CPU load, the game will tell you your ping is the same. Unreal actually gives you a ping that represents how long it is taking the server to process the gameplay code. I think this is really a truer representation of what is happening on a server. But you will see your apparent ping go up as a servers CPU gets under load. This is usually fine as long as the servers CPU isn't overloaded. On my test servers with 64 players my ping will go up about 40ms and will be in the 75-85ms range (the server is located within 50 miles of our office).

and:

http://wiki.unrealadmin.org/Netspeed_Tutorial_(UT)

So what this means is, your ping is an actual representation of your computer processing your data > sending it to server > server processing data > server sending it back, and then repeating.

So what this means is, your ping is an actual representation of your computer processing your data > sending it to server > server processing data > server sending it back, and then repeating.

I see, that's good to know. Thanks!

Back